+10 for for MoreMe worth it?

thahumblemc

Are the Studio Deluxe editions worth it for the extra 10$?
Or is the base model already good enough without all the other features?

I don't think anyone understands the question?

"Are the Studio Deluxe editions worth it for the extra 10$?
Or is the base model already good enough without all the other features?"

Deluxe edition of what?
Base model of what?

I am sure there are people that will answer if they knew what you are asking exactly.

Cheers

Alan

I guess he's talking about the MoreMe headphones; whether the Deluxe model is worth the extra $10 over the Standard model. The answer is pretty simple: yes, and no.

When I first started selling the Deluxe, they were very different than the Standard model; padded headband, 1/4" jack, they cost me a bit more, and we added padding to help tame the midrange. Then, the supplier raised the price of the Standard model to more than we were paying for the Deluxe model.

I decided to offer the Deluxe model as the Standard model without the left/right color dots and without padding. I made less profit as a result, but hell, it was never about profit to begin with.

Well, guess what? They just raised the cost of the headphones I buy by almost double what they had been costing me. I'm not raising the price of either model. So the big difference between the Standard and Deluxe is the added left/right color dot and the internal padding we add.

Is it worth the extra $10? If you're not comfortable with pulling the phones completely apart and stuffing your own padding in it, then yes, it's worth the extra $10.

If you have some spare padding and you feel adventurous, the do it your self and save $10. The Blue and Red circles you can get at OfficeMax for around 14 bucks , but you can do about 1,000 headphones with the leftover circles.

We use polyester batting for padding (same stuff they use in pillows. You can buy it at Wal-Mart), but you hafta be very careful not to put tension on the inside wiring by using too much padding; especially in the left headphone.

Hopefully, that answers your question. Yes, it's worth the 10 bucks if you're not handy with reworking stuff, and you just wanna concentrate on recording. No, if you wanna save 10 bucks and do it yourself. It ain't rocket science.

I hadn't heard of them (heard of them headphones ha ha, oh don't worry I'm now back to normal), in Australia, I thought thahumblemc was talking about software or something.

Anyway you have answered the question.

Cheers

Alan

I didn't buy the delux - but I'm VERY happy with the standard.
I opted to stay standard:
a) to get an idea of the quality before spending more &
b) & beacuse I don't spend hours in them as I only use them fro tracking - not monitoring or dissections etc.
The price of the standards including postage to east coast Oz was really good.
I had thought of upgrading a month ago but I'm pretty happy with what I have & I don't often have other folk in to record so the standards aren't redundant.
Either way they are a good investment.

I guess he's talking about the MoreMe headphones; whether the Deluxe model is worth the extra $10 over the Standard model. The answer is pretty simple: yes, and no.

When I first started selling the Deluxe, they were very different than the Standard model; padded headband, 1/4" jack, they cost me a bit more, and we added padding to help tame the midrange. Then, the supplier raised the price of the Standard model to more than we were paying for the Deluxe model.

I decided to offer the Deluxe model as the Standard model without the left/right color dots and without padding. I made less profit as a result, but hell, it was never about profit to begin with.

Well, guess what? They just raised the cost of the headphones I buy by almost double what they had been costing me. I'm not raising the price of either model. So the big difference between the Standard and Deluxe is the added left/right color dot and the internal padding we add.

Is it worth the extra $10? If you're not comfortable with pulling the phones completely apart and stuffing your own padding in it, then yes, it's worth the extra $10.

If you have some spare padding and you feel adventurous, the do it your self and save $10. The Blue and Red circles you can get at OfficeMax for around 14 bucks , but you can do about 1,000 headphones with the leftover circles.

We use polyester batting for padding (same stuff they use in pillows. You can buy it at Wal-Mart), but you hafta be very careful not to put tension on the inside wiring by using too much padding; especially in the left headphone.

Hopefully, that answers your question. Yes, it's worth the 10 bucks if you're not handy with reworking stuff, and you just wanna concentrate on recording. No, if you wanna save 10 bucks and do it yourself. It ain't rocket science.

true. true. thanks for clarifying buddy.

alright. I just ordered a Deluxe edition from you... I'll be writing a review on it when it comes!
I hope I'll be happy with your product. Thanks again.

alright. I just ordered a Deluxe edition from you... I'll be writing a review on it when it comes!
I hope I'll be happy with your product. Thanks again.
They'll go out tomorrow via Priority Mail. Try them for a few weeks and if you don't like them for ANY reason, I'll refund your money.

They'll go out tomorrow via Priority Mail. Try them for a few weeks and if you don't like them for ANY reason, I'll refund your money.

3.8 out of 5.
These are actually good. The padding came right off, but you can put it back.
And the sound quality is "good enough". It's sort of comfortable. But man.. it does the job. For $30... it's good. This one's a keeper.

Back