1 Blue Baby Bottle or 2 Rode NT1a's

i absolutely love my baby bottle. unbelievable mic in every way. but i can agree with everybody when they say its a love it/hate it type of mic. im on the love it side :)

billisa said:
I envision the Baby Bottle as being my primary vocal mic. What could make me hate it?

Have you ever heard a Baby Bottle???

I'm not fan of the NT1a, which I'd rate as
"mediocre". But the Baby Bottle ... I've heard
it on both male and female vocals
and I'd rate it a as "awful".

Brackish said:
Have you ever heard a Baby Bottle???

I'm not fan of the NT1a, which I'd rate as
"mediocre". But the Baby Bottle ... I've heard
it on both male and female vocals
and I'd rate it a as "awful".

Well that just settles it then.

I would highly recomend the Blue Baby Bottle. That mic is amazing for its price infact I prefer its sound over that of a U87.

billisa said:
but the SM7B seems to have universal acclaim for this application... Is the SM7B a quiet mic in terms of self-noise?

Part of me wants at least one exotic mic that's super quiet, detailed, and not suitable for only one purpose or voice...

Dynamic mics have no active components (well with rare exceptions, anyway), so the noise they have is just thermal noise which is really really really quiet. In fact you usually don't see a spec for self-noise on dynamics because they are so quiet.

mshilarious said:
Dynamic mics have no active components (well with rare exceptions, anyway), so the noise they have is just thermal noise which is really really really quiet. In fact you usually don't see a spec for self-noise on dynamics because they are so quiet.

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advise. Now if I can just get my local Guitar Center guy to return a phone call. May be I'll just go mail order.

Back