01v96 vs Presonus Firestudio

Pahtcub

So I have a Firestudio but just picked up a yamaha 01v96 with mLan firewire card so I can input to my system with that. Other than being a pain to setup and tear down for when I need to use it live, would you still keep the firestudio? I could definately use the money if it's unnecessary.

Pat

Last edited:
the O1V96 is a great board. With the card, its versatility becomes HUGE!

For your use, as you are running a live setup as well, I'd probably stick with the board and ditch the presonus.

using the presonus in the studio, I'd have a controller for it anyway. The o1v puts that into 1 unit for you.

As for mobility, i'd pick up one of those mixer cases. Label all of your studio cables, bundle them together and then setup/breakdown might be a little easier. I wouldn't put it into a regular rack and then have to deal with taking it out and then putting it back in.

the presonus really doesn't serve you much good in a live situation- unless you're bringing a laptop and running everything through a DAW. That works, but then you have to deal with the complications that computers can bring at times.. and thats the last thing you need when your working out your monitor mix, yelling at some dummy to adjust the kick mic, screaming at someone else to finish hooking up the main... ahh i miss the joys of live sound.

Back