‘Rich Men North Of Richmond’ Oliver Anthony's viral video 20 million views in 9 days Damn!

I wonder about the tour stuff. If you read the article, Cotton Eyed Joe gave their reasoning for setting the prices as they did.

" Cotton Eyed Joe slammed Anthony's cancellation on Facebook, claiming they sell ticket prices to break even.

Most times we say a show has been cancelled (sic) due to circumstances beyond our control...well we are cancelling (sic) the Oliver Anthony show under our full control," the venue said. "All refunds will be made in the next few business days to your original form of payment."

Explaining the cost for the concert, the venue said, "The North Man of Richmond contracted to play the Cotton Eyed Joe for $120,000 for 60 minutes.... after doing the math and knowing we can only hold apprx. 1500 people, paying the ticket website their fee to sell the tickets, paying the tax man, opening the JOE on a closed night... we set the ticket price to break even and bring our customers a show we thought would be fun."

"To our talent agency and promoter friends that follow us... be careful booking the North Man of Richmond," they added.

120,000 for a 60 minute show is pretty extreme to me. Of course, it could be his booking agent that is adding to the cost. I can see an agent booking him for $60,000 and pocketing the other 60,000.

. . . Of course, it could be his booking agent that is adding to the cost. I can see an agent booking him for $60,000 and pocketing the other 60,000. . .

That's another angle i hope not to see in this saga. I'm sure he'll root that agent out if it is so.

Last edited:
Back