Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we ( some of us anyway ) pay to see a fight that will be aired for free a week

Thanks

Why do we ( some of us anyway ) pay to see a fight that will be aired for free a week

Sign in to disable this ad
    later?.....Just reading all the drama bs about the fight this weekend... $100 a pop for the Pay per view.
    I'm not going to order it but I'll watch it if I can somewhere..

Watching a fight with friends...eating, drinking, partying ..betting against each other....all good times..

But other than the betting and knowing the outcome, is it really that big of deal to wait a week and watch it for free?...damn thing is going to generate a shit load of money for a lot of people...at the same time we have people buried alive in Nepal and starving people all over the world... we're a weird little species.
    ..................Tomco Audio Electric
    Yamaha MOX8, Novation Impulse controlling an iPad or a lap top / go to mic is a SM 57 or an ADK A-51 ST.
    Vox are ran through pod farm and recording everything via the UX8 into Reaper running on an older iMac

Thanks
    I might be one of the few people around that could not give less a shit about this dumb fight.
    New Gregor The Terror album! Download - El Bastardo Azul Or Buy the CD!
    New and old stuff - Soundcloud & Reverbnation

Thanks
    Everyone that I know who wants to watch it is just gonna go to the local Buffalo Wild Wings and pay $10 to get in. Not a bad deal that way.
    Cubase 6.5, mehh laptop, tascam 1641, ga pre-73, sputnik/mk4/re320, KRK rp6g2

Thanks
    The gaffer at the Snooker Hall asked me the other day if I wanted tickets to see "the fight", (he was all excited, you know the type) in the middle of the night, in their bar. 10 plus a free pint! I told him, ever so politely, to "fuck off". Middle of the night? Boxing? Do I look like a knobhead? I've got a wife and a life.....never my the fact that I'd rather eat a plate of my own shite than watch Boxing. Now, had he been selling tickets to watch a freshly painted wall dry, I'd of been all over it.

Until that moment, I didn't even know there was a fight happening and I really couldn't care about it. Apparently it's sold out now so I'm shit out of luck if I change my mind.

$100 to watch it is a joke but while people are willing to pay that kind of cash, the same ol' shit will keep on happening.

www.themrclean.co.uk
    Cheap Gear - In A Square Room! Getting the job done!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guitaristic View Post
    Everyone that I know who wants to watch it is just gonna go to the local Buffalo Wild Wings and pay $10 to get in. Not a bad deal that way.
    $20 at the local Wild Wings here...can't believe how busy that place stays...every freeking day
    Yamaha MOX8, Novation Impulse controlling an iPad or a lap top / go to mic is a SM 57 or an ADK A-51 ST.
    Vox are ran through pod farm and recording everything via the UX8 into Reaper running on an older iMac

Thanks
    Another "don't give a shit" vote here.

If I want chicken wings, I cook my own and make the blue cheese dip too.
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it as half full. The realist just drains the darn thing and gets a refill!

Thanks
    I stopped trying to figure you fuckers out decades ago. I don't know why you even pay for cable.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clean View Post
    The gaffer at the Snooker Hall asked me the other day if I wanted tickets to see "the fight", (he was all excited, you know the type) in the middle of the night, in their bar. 10 plus a free pint! I told him, ever so politely, to "fuck off".
    That arrogant bastard. Next time you should smash a pint glass and cut his face up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_fleet View Post
    I stopped trying to figure you fuckers out decades ago. I don't know why you even pay for cable.
    Brainwashed consumers to keep the economy flowing...spend spend spend ...must have what the Jones's have... Average American today is living paycheck to paycheck not saving anything, most under 40 actually in the red..

Gotta have those overpriced wings and starbucks coffee's...oh yeah and cable TV .... I don't but most do.

Thanks
    I wouldn't watch it if you offered to pay my admission to that wings place and buy me a beer (but I'd go for the beer, just wouldn't watch).

Thread Information