Where do you live? What's it like?

Right outside of Milwaukee a block away from Lake Michigan.

I aint gonna lie, it sucks 4-5 months a year because of the weather, if I didn't work outside maybe I would feel differently.

It's a beautiful state in the summer though, and I'm lucky enough to have a job that takes me to a different place most every day. Nothing like getting paid overtime for a hundred mile drive home through the countryside in summer.:cool:

So that's Fonz-territory, right? Sounds great for the summer - a bit like the north here.

I live in the northeast US on a wildlife refuge in the woods just outside of Providence, RI.
This is what my yard looked like yesterday morning on the joyous second day of spring:

Ah577f8f

0WZL3D0P

Providence is a big college town (Brown, RISD, J&W, URI, etc) with a lot of restaurants, music, etc. Boston is about 30 minutes north, the Atlantic ocean about 20 minutes east.

Cool - that's some snow right there! We only got a light dusting this year.

I really don't understand how you fuckers deal with all that snow. Texas has lots of things that suck about it's climate, but being snowed in like a fucking prisoner is not one of them.

I really don't understand how you fuckers deal with all that snow. Texas has lots of things that suck about it's climate, but being snowed in like a fucking prisoner is not one of them.

I was in Corpus Christi once in August. I'll take the snow.

Originally from the shadow of Mt. Shasta. Red Bluff, CA. Great community. Great climate. If you like snow, you go to Shasta. If you like the ocean, you drive out to Eureka. If you like great forests, you stop in between.
Moved to northern Idaho when I was 12. 6-8' of snow is not uncommon in the winter, and yet we never had snow days at school. Usually down under -10 a couple weeks out of the year. Love me some cold weather. Ya just deal with it. Beautiful (most beautiful I've ever seen) scenery, great fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, sledding, etc. It's called God's country for a reason. But there's no ocean.
Spent 9 years in Denver, CO. Great town. MOUNTAINS. Estes Park. Lots of awesome things to do any time day/night. Weather there was worse than Idaho some years...blizzards. You can have 'em. But limited to a 2-3 month period. Nice city. Again, no ocean.
Now residing in Clinton, NC. January - February. Lousy weather. Lots of leaves to rake. March - Sept. Tornadoes and hurricanes. Lots of tress and branches to clean up with a large, overheat zone in June-August. Oct - Dec. Reasonable weather with more leaves (lots more...huge, I mean HUGE amounts of leaves. Leaves everywhere HaHaHaHaHa...). Nobody here can drive if there's 1/4" of snow. The only excitement here is WalMart. That's what people do on Friday night here. They dress up in their night clothes and come to WalMart. Whee!!!!
Fast food or southern cuisine (either bland or deep fried) are about all the choices for restaurants without driving 45 minutes to an hour. And still no ocean...Well, 90 minutes away. Not too bad :cool:

Snow is nothing, it's the bitter cold that sucks. We haven't had a snow day in years, but they've closed schools and businesses a few times over the last few years because of dangerous cold.

Yes, and don't worry. My friends and I were plenty loud to fulfill our duty of upholding the stereotype. :)

Good work! When we were students, a friend of mine worked in one of the old fashioned pubs in town and he loved the American tourists because they tip so well.

Good work! When we were students, a friend of mine worked in one of the old fashioned pubs in town and he loved the American tourists because they tip so well.

I thought it was insulting to do that. I usually rounded up for waiters and didn't give any for bartenders. :p

After spells of living in Glasgow and Liverpool, I lived in Derby City Centre for a couple of years with the wife before we moved back to Spondon (Th' wife is from here too, we've known each other since 4 years old) to be closer to parents who all live in Spondon.

Spondon/Derby are a great place to live. Multicultural and a very friendly place. Central England too so it's easy to get anywhere you wish to go to. We like it anyway.

Our 1886 Victorian Semi is our "until we retire home" when we'll probably move to the coast somewhere, Newquay, Cornwall most likely.

Back