The Walking Dead

Ha! Exactly....I heard an interview with one of the writers and he basically said, "we throw some zombie shit in there, and then we throw some soap opera shit in there". Probably sounds horrible, but you gotta trust me - it works!

I'm old enough to remember *Dark Shadows* You remember that show?

I'm old enough to remember *Dark Shadows* You remember that show?

Yeah, that sounds familiar, but I can't remember if I saw it or not...any good?

At first I thought you meant "the Shadow"...that goes WAY back.

"who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men...the shadow knows"!

Ha! Exactly....I heard an interview with one of the writers and he basically said, "we throw some zombie shit in there, and then we throw some soap opera shit in there". Probably sounds horrible, but you gotta trust me - it works!

Zombies are a plot device,putting different types of people together in a stressful situation,kind of a gloomier Gilligan's Isle.

Yeah, that sounds familiar, but I can't remember if I saw it or not...any good?

At first I thought you meant "the Shadow"...that goes WAY back.

"who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men...the shadow knows"!

Uh yeah ... The shadow do!

Dark Shadows was a late afternoon Soap with Barnabas the vampire, Quinton the werewolf etc.
The show had a #1 hit on the radio *Quinton's theme*.

Uh yeah ... The shadow do!

Dark Shadows was a late afternoon Soap with Barnabas the vampire, Quinton the werewolf etc.
The show had a #1 hit on the radio *Quinton's theme*.

They've got a movie remake of it (it's actually gonna be a comedy I think) coming out in about a month or so...it has Johnny Depp in it as Barnabas.

Zombies are a plot device,putting different types of people together in a stressful situation,kind of a gloomier Gilligan's Isle.

Yup, that's pretty much it. Except Gilligan and the Skipper don't kill each other. Although I seem to remember many blows to the head with the Skipper's hat.

What do ya know...Tim Burton and Johnny Depp. I always say they should team up more often :rolleyes:.

There were definitely some funny lines in there though.

Did I see Helena Bonham Carter in there too? Jeez...those 3 people just can't get enough of each other.

I don't have cable so I don't get the series,but I did read the early issues of the comicbook so I'm familiar from the source material.Some people don't like the fact that they deviated from the comic,but if you rerecorded a song would you do it the same exact way?

Hollywood has gotten so generic with it's remakes and sequels that graphic novels and comic books are one of the few ways to get noticed by an industry that only wants to spend on proven products.

What do ya know...Tim Burton and Johnny Depp. I always say they should team up more often :rolleyes:.

There were definitely some funny lines in there though.

Did I see Helena Bonham Carter in there too? Jeez...those 3 people just can't get enough of each other.

Yeah still don't remember the series? Takes place in Collinsport Maine :eek:. Started in 65' and ran into the 70's

Yeah still don't remember the series? Takes place in Collinsport Maine :eek:. Started in 65' and ran into the 70's

No, but I remember the name. I think it might have been in syndication at some point after it ended? I can almost picture a commercial for the show, but it would have to have been at least the mid to late '70's.

I googled it and found that it ended in '71...I was 2. I don't actually remember anything from when I was 2.

Since the season has ended, I've been watching re-runs on Netflix, even better the 2nd time around.......with no commercials.

Since the season has ended, I've been watching re-runs on Netflix, even better the 2nd time around.......with no commercials.

I've done that a few times with season 1. Only a matter of time for season 2 for me. It's great not to have to wait a whole freakin' week between episodes.

Back