Post your latest purchase!

It was a freebie pickup but I can't complain about it at all.
Simple - L+R balanced ins on the rear, 4x headphone out on the front.

It's a little hissy if you max it, but you don't need to max it.

You know, I never noticed it was symetrix until you said it! :eek:

I'll get you the make and model of that particular screwdriver to make it up to a full rack width. ;)

I've nothing to compare it to as it's the only headphone amp I've ever owned but I don't even know how fussy I'd be about headphone amps.
It makes my headphones louder or quieter.....Sold! :p

I've used it with 64 ohm Sennheiser HS280s and 250ohm Beyer DT770s and have no problem getting enough volume.

So it's not really a big purchase, but I recently bought a Netgear Powerline unit, and it's freaking awesome. I moved this summer for an internship, and I have horrendous wifi in my room, like <1 MB download. So I was looking at some options like a wifi extender and such, then I come across these Powerline devices, which I've never heard anything about. Essentially what it is is just 2 units you plug into outlets, 1 goes near the router and 1 goes wherever you want internet. You run an ethernet cable from the modem to the first unit, which then transmits to the 2nd unit using your pre-existing electrical wiring. My receiver unit is actually also a router, so now I basically have a wifi hotspot inside my room :D It's fast too. I ran speedtests in my room and standing by the modem, and my room, now 37 MB down, was just 1 MB slower than standing by the modem.

Here's the one I bought, if anyone is interested. Link

Like I said, this one basically doubles as a wifi router since I have lots of stuff to connect, but you can get them where they just have 1 or 2 ethernet ports for much cheaper.

I purchased A LOT of water for the studio, because it's freaking hot as hell. My studio thermostat reads 97 degrees (and it's humid like crazy) and that's with fans going wild. Thankfully today has no mixing or recording, just a bunch of tedious vocal edits so the more fans and other loud thingies, the better. At this point, this purchase was the most helpful 'audio tool' I could have purchased for days like today. I live in Warshington... I didn't sign up for this crap!

I would like to apologize ahead of time for not purchasing any audio gear today. Audio manufacturers and trade magazines work very hard to provide the latest in space age doohickies for me to make my next dozen Grammies.

User! Just had a niece who purchased a brand new home in the Seattle area and is on the same page. I asked her why she didn't just turn on the A/C? The new house doesn't have it...??? Is it so uncommon for temps to go over 80 in Washington state? Why wouldn't a brand new house have central HVAC? A heat pump? Radiant heating/cooling? Something? My house in Idaho had a nice central unit because it usually hit 110 most summers. Here, cheap houses built in the 50s have central air. :)

User! Just had a niece who purchased a brand new home in the Seattle area and is on the same page. I asked her why she didn't just turn on the A/C? The new house doesn't have it...??? Is it so uncommon for temps to go over 80 in Washington state? Why wouldn't a brand new house have central HVAC? A heat pump? Radiant heating/cooling? Something? My house in Idaho had a nice central unit because it usually hit 110 most summers. Here, cheap houses built in the 50s have central air. :)

Yes, pretty uncommon. Central air for a residential space in Western Washington is very rare (commercial/office space typically does). I don't know a single person who lives in the area, even with really large, nice houses, that have central air conditioning. A lot of people have window air conditioners, but it rarely gets above the 80s. It was 95 when I posted that, but that was considered a "heat wave". It almost never gets over 100. It's June, and the weather the last week has been overcast, rainy and in the upper 60s, lower 70s. East of the Cascades and that's a different story. It's really hot and dry desert like weather (they don't get the weather coming in off the Pacific Ocean). I've known people out that way who have central air conditioning.

uke2DSC07567.JPGuke1DSC07563.JPG

Kala baritone uke. Cost me $7 (my brother gave me a Pono mango wood concert uke for my 60th birthday, but I traded it back in for this one).

So I've been collecting gift cards and cash from presents (Christmas, birthday, Father's Day, etc) for a while and headed for GC to look around. I've been thinking of buying a Mackie DL32R digital mixer for a while and was waiting for enough cash to pick it up. As it happens, I recently started doing sound for a band that has their own gear and just needs me to run it. They have the Behringer XR18. I'd never used one before but I figured it out in no time. Did another gig with them and it went even better. So I decided to buy the XR18 with all the gift cards. Got it home, hooked it up and wow! My iPad controls all functions. I also hooked up my laptop, loaded up my DAW and wham! All 16 channels record (with independent gain structure from the main out) to separate tracks. Now I eliminate so much gear it's crazy (I used to lug a 16 channel board, 2 Zoom R-24's, snakes, power supplies, etc). My backpack holds all of it including cue phones. And I can wander around (assuming I'm not playing) and still be in control of the sound. I even managed to get the guy to give me his 20% discount. Which meant I was also able to purchase an LED light controller and keep the price around what I would have paid anyway. And managed to get the extended warranty as well. I have a gig this weekend so we'll see how it goes.

--This is a decent interface. I was very impressed by the pre's. It seems Behringer is finally getting their shit together on the higher end items at good price points with much better reliability.

So I've been collecting gift cards and cash from presents (Christmas, birthday, Father's Day, etc) for a while and headed for GC to look around. I've been thinking of buying a Mackie DL32R digital mixer for a while and was waiting for enough cash to pick it up. As it happens, I recently started doing sound for a band that has their own gear and just needs me to run it. They have the Behringer XR18. I'd never used one before but I figured it out in no time. Did another gig with them and it went even better. So I decided to buy the XR18 with all the gift cards. Got it home, hooked it up and wow! My iPad controls all functions. I also hooked up my laptop, loaded up my DAW and wham! All 16 channels record (with independent gain structure from the main out) to separate tracks. Now I eliminate so much gear it's crazy (I used to lug a 16 channel board, 2 Zoom R-24's, snakes, power supplies, etc). My backpack holds all of it including cue phones. And I can wander around (assuming I'm not playing) and still be in control of the sound. I even managed to get the guy to give me his 20% discount. Which meant I was also able to purchase an LED light controller and keep the price around what I would have paid anyway. And managed to get the extended warranty as well. I have a gig this weekend so we'll see how it goes.

--This is a decent interface. I was very impressed by the pre's. It seems Behringer is finally getting their shit together on the higher end items at good price points with much better reliability.

That's pretty interesting. It all synced up with no problems?

That's pretty interesting. It all synced up with no problems?

I guess I'll find out this Saturday.:laughings: Doing a block party. So far the laptop and iPad have been mostly fine (nothing major, the devices keep trying to connect to my home wifi rather than the Behringer wifi). I think I'm going to save the project every half hour or so (maybe even start new projects at the breaks). I'm really curious to see how this works. The little test I did was only with 4 channels for about 10 mins. I have no idea how it will do with 16 channels and being used for about 7 hours. But if it works, holy fuck does this save me boat loads of time. I even already have the gig plotted on the Behringer. Call up any show and any "snapshot" you want. What that means is, I can call up "Open Mic" and under that heading it can store several snapshots. I can save a snapshot of my gain, eq settings. Then when someone else comes up, I can make changes and save their settings. And then just revert to mine with a couple of clicks:thumbs up:. Pretty fuckin' cool if you ask me (though I probably won't use it much :facepalm:).

I guess I'll find out this Saturday.:laughings: Doing a block party. So far the laptop and iPad have been mostly fine (nothing major, the devices keep trying to connect to my home wifi rather than the Behringer wifi). I think I'm going to save the project every half hour or so (maybe even start new projects at the breaks). I'm really curious to see how this works. The little test I did was only with 4 channels for about 10 mins. I have no idea how it will do with 16 channels and being used for about 7 hours. But if it works, holy fuck does this save me boat loads of time. I even already have the gig plotted on the Behringer. Call up any show and any "snapshot" you want. What that means is, I can call up "Open Mic" and under that heading it can store several snapshots. I can save a snapshot of my gain, eq settings. Then when someone else comes up, I can make changes and save their settings. And then just revert to mine with a couple of clicks:thumbs up:. Pretty fuckin' cool if you ask me (though I probably won't use it much :facepalm:).

I wonder if there's any latency with all that wifi bouncing around.

I wonder if there's any latency with all that wifi bouncing around.

That's what I'm worried about. The audio transfer is via USB so I shouldn't have any problems. Basically, this thing is like a wireless Tascam US-1800 but with lots of options, 16 inputs and 8 outputs. I would occasionally lose the connection from the computer/iPad to the board. But the board continues to run so you don't lose sound. I may try using my own, locked down router and see what that does. It'll make location recording a breeze, though.

busy month for me....buy one nice thing...or lots of not so nice things?? option 2! :D

my new(ish) JX-8P and Juno 2

upgraded my old 18i6 mostly for more outputs

dunno why but it was cheap and now accepts midi

and I made a homemade rack I call the neckbreaker! lol...gonna add shlves at either side for pedal...meant to stain it to but wtf

next job is to move everything back down to my basement "studio", this was just meant to be a bedroom rig but it kinda grew

busy month for me....buy one nice thing...or lots of not so nice things?? option 2! :D

my new(ish) JX-8P and Juno 2

upgraded my old 18i6 mostly for more outputs

dunno why but it was cheap and now accepts midi

and I made a homemade rack I call the neckbreaker! lol...gonna add shlves at either side for pedal...meant to stain it to but wtf

next job is to move everything back down to my basement "studio", this was just meant to be a bedroom rig but it kinda grew

So many purdy coloured cables...

Back