Music related goals for the year?

That's been mine for a long time.
For every goal you publish there'll be an idiot to put it down.
True dat. I dont even tell my wife my goals. If you keep your own council, you stand a better chance of achieving them. Merely going public seems to take some of the wind out of the sails.

Keep em to yourself, and the only one getting in your way is you.

my goals:
make some recordings that I enjoy listening to....
write a song that I think is good....
get started on my telecaster project that has been in parts box for 2 years...

Im going to buy lots of gear, maybe another three or four synths to add to the two Ive already bought this year with the highest expectation that I can find time to play them in 2017

my goal? to have fun with music, I have a job that takes up all my goals, which are eating, drinking, and buying studio shit.:D

I have so many goals that I trip over them.

But maybe I can settle on one biggie: give my self time to do this right. Make the time because this stuff is important to me.

Goals: Finish 2 albums being worked on, and increase the public presence of music projects. Release back catalogue. Anger everyone in the world. In no specific order.

my goal? to have fun with music, I have a job that takes up all my goals, which are eating, drinking, and buying studio shit.:D

+1

My work schedule is 60+ hrs/wk since like, forever. I plan to get my new music room set up and learn as much about recording acoustic guitar that I can :)

I didn't write my goals down but I have some. Main one is to compose AT LEAST the half of the songs for my next (third) fun album.

:)

Other than that I plan to record a whole cover album based exclusively on karaoke tracks. This will be the first time that I will be participating on a project only with my voice. This is very thrilling because I never thought of myself as a singer and just started one year ago when the singer of my virtual band "abandoned" me. The "karaoke album" will be completely made of English spoken songs, that is another big challenge for me since I am NOT a native speaker. Accent and pronunciation are really tricky for me.

:p

Im going to buy lots of gear, maybe another three or four synths to add to the two Ive already bought this year with the highest expectation that I can find time to play them in 2017

Better get a couple more rugs to make sure it all fits.

And see if i can make my voice into a singing device.
I wouldn't dare to do it myself years ago. Now there are so many great digital aids that I can put up with my voice and even enjoy it. Also, I think that aging was gentle with me: I seem to be more tuned and the timbre seems to have enhanced like an old wine.

:D

I kind of was forced to figure it out by accident and despair when my vocalist quit the band and I couldn't find mood to look for another one. The logical (and only) option was to stand up in front of the mike and start mumbling. Guess what. It worked. Long story short a couple months ago my vocalist came to me wanting her job back (actually she's my wife) but then I said "It's too late babe..."

:laughings:

Back