I'm ready for some football.

Lol. That's about all they have in common. Favre is one of the greats. Fitzpatrick....he has a beard.

Yeah, just something about his play style reminds me of Favre a bit though!

Josh Norman has been very good so far. The best part of that game was Odell Beckham hitting himself in the face with the kicking net.

Haha yes that was hilarious. :D Tried to post a gif of it here but I couldn't find one.

Chiefs defense with 8 turnovers last night! I wasn't able to watch the game, but I was following along on ESPN.com. If Marcus Peters can keep his temper in check, he may be one of the greats at corner during his career.

I really hate to see it, but it almost looks like the Cowboys might have a future.

This new youth movement kind of has the look of the early days of the Aikman/Smith/Irvin era.

And how bad of a coach is Chip Kelly? Lol. Go back to college you doughy fuckface. He leaves the Eagles and they all of the sudden look like Super Bowl contenders with a fucking rookie QB. They play some defense.

Speaking of defense....Minnesota! Wow.

Eli's terribly timed picks and the Giants penchant for terrible penalties won that game for you today.

Eli was terrible. It should have been 3 INTs.

Still, Crowder had 78 receiving yards and a TD on 4 catches plus 58 yards on a punt return where there wasn't much there to work with. He was excellent.

yeah, they might. That defense ........ brrrrrrrr

I actually think Brees still has more left in him if the team around him had anything .... that surprises me ..... I thought he'd be looking bad now but his big problem is everyone else on the team.

Gonna be a rough year for us Louisianinians.

yeah, they might. That defense ........ brrrrrrrr

I actually think Brees still has more left in him if the team around him had anything .... that surprises me ..... I thought he'd be looking bad now but his big problem is everyone else on the team.

Gonna be a rough year for us Louisianinians.

We have WASTED several of Brees' best years with bad defense and salary cap problems. He still very much has the skills to win superbowls. Yes, plural. He is easily good enough to lead several superbowl runs. But obviously the defense has been dreadful for 3 of the last 4 years. Watch, our offense will be top 5 all year while the defense is bottom 5. Brees will put up ridiculous numbers, because he has to.

The difference with this year is that it really is injuries so far. We have five starters out. Our most talented defenders, which are mediocre at best, are all injured. Half the defense is scrubs. We're literally signing guys off the street and from other team's practice squads. You cannot win like that.

Great college games yesterday.

Clemson/Louisville....I have no words. Amazing football game.

Georgia/Tennessee...holy crap what an ending.

That Michigan interception to seal the win was fucking bad ass.

That Duke QB that got sacked in the endzone will never be right again.

And LSU had 634 yds of offense under new interim coach Orgeron and beat the snout out of Mizzou. Lol.

I rest my case about Miles

400+ of those yards were rushing yards, so schematically the case can't rest that much.

The majority of the plays were awfully similar to Miles-era plays, the players just executed them way way better. That in and of itself is credit to Orgeron who got the kids re-fired up. There were some new wrinkles in formation though that were pretty awesome. They played with intensity that we haven't seen in a while. That looked like an LSU team we used to see - athletes everywhere doing athletic things. Orgeron had the running plays go a little wider which let the RBs do their thing. Miles would have them run right into the meat of the defense.

Even with 600+ yds of offense, the real winner of last night's LSU game was the defense. Mizzou has one of the most prolific offenses in the SEC so far, and they did NOTHING against LSU's D. Nothing. Mizzou's lone touchdown was a garbage-time trick play that meant nothing.

We'll have to see how this level of play holds up. It was just one game, a good game, but just one game. Emotions were very high. Florida, Bama, Ole Miss, A&M, etc probably won't be so easy.

Yeah I didn't catch many games yesterday, but I did watch that Clemson/Louisville game start to finish. Amazing football.

Back