Do you care...

Fun fact(if true?): John Podesta, Clinton campaign chairman, his "hacked" email password was "password". No, can't be true. :facepalm:

Nope.

We don’t know where Assange’s claim comes from. None of the emails published on WikiLeaks show Podesta’s email password. And of the cyber analysts examining the phishing emails used to infiltrate Podesta’s and others’ accounts, none have made similar claims.

Further, Podesta was using a Gmail account, and Google doesn’t allow users to make their passwords "password."

Go try for yourself. We did:

Claim that John Podesta's email password was 'password' lacks evidence | PunditFact

According to reports, Republicans were also targeted for hacking. The Republicans took measures to prevent being hacked, the Democrats obviously did not, including "the most qualified candidate in history". That would suggest Republicans are better qualified to lead/defend.

Actually the Republicans were hacked, and the only reason it wasn't disclosed via wikileaks was because Russia wanted the Republicans to win the election for some yet-to-be disclosed reason.

FBI's Comey: Republicans also hacked by Russia - CNNPolitics.com

Mick Doobie said:
If foreign policy is of paramount importance and concern, and it is, it is not good at all that the Obama administration is fomenting confrontation with Russia over this hacking shit. Spying happens, hacking happens, everyone does it. You take measures to guard against it rather than through your own actions make yourself vulnerable to it and after the fact create international tensions...

Mick Doobie said:
You forgot one more tally in the things Putin has done. He has made Obama look like a chump, is laughing at Obama's ineffectual bumblings of "leading from behind".

So your point is:

a) Obama is escalating tensions with Russia and putting us all in danger; and

b) Obama is a pussy for not escalating tensions with Russia

Close.

Obama has been weak, a pussy if you prefer. Despite numerous past instances of hacking by foreign governments/entities, followed by lukewarm at best response, he now wants to escalate tensions because democrats were caught in the act of true colors. Seeing as he will soon be out, you'd think he would not in favor of facilitating more flexibility for the incoming administration.

Go, man. Just go. You've had your 8 years.

If Russia has dirt on Trump, so be it. I'm for exposing corruption. If such exposed corruption rises to the level, i'll be equally outraged. Of course Democrats will continue to be less concerned about the corruption which is exposed, but will be more outraged by the method the information was obtained and the threat it poses to our democracy?

How about you? You are going to concentrate your focus and efforts on damning Russia for hacks and ignore any exposed corruption because it was obtained illegally by foreign hackers, yeah? You're going to support Trump escalating the matter over concerns that such hacks threaten our democracy? If not, you're all like siding with Russia over your own country. That would be, wow.

No corruption? Chelsea Clinton's concerns would suggest otherwise.

The Clinton Foundation, The Clinton Crime Family, the DNC conspiracy to screw Sanders as a mere prop, media collusion to get Hillary elected, Hillary 's private email server and illegal efforts to thwart a full and honest investigation...it is a mighty big web of corruption to outright ignore. A twisted tale of a charitable foundation tied to political office and high priced speaking engagements for personal enrichment. But like the heads of all good crime families, the Clintons are smart. They utilize a seemingly legit organization, surrogates, lackeys, others prone to criminality for personal gain, and create just enough of a smoke screen and space to provide for denial and unaccountability. The Clinton Foundation is to the Clintons as the Cenco Olive Oil Company was to the Corleons. However, like Henry Hill said at the end of Goodfellas, "Now it's all over." I'm thinking there is going to be far fewer if any future high priced speaking engagements, and 6-7-8 figure donations to The Clinton Foundation will diminish significantly.

My hopes are that prosecution for Hillary is still on the table. There is enough evidence to proceed. It is bad optics to not proceed with prosecution, it would make it appear the investigation was nothing more than politically motivated.

The Clinton Foundation doesn't pay the Clintons a penny - so the Corleone comparison is wildly off the mark.

Democrat pundit: The Clintons 'take no salary,' get 'no personal benefit' from foundation | PunditFact

The Clintons gave speeches in exchange for charitable donations. That is not corruption. That is charity.

The Clinton Foundation has been audited. They are highly rated among charity and philanthropy watchdogs:

Reince Priebus' False claim that 80% of Clinton Foundation costs are overhead | PolitiFact

Speaking engagements are not evidence of corruption. Every ex-head of state that I googled does or did it - Tony Blair, John Major, George W. Bush, Bush Sr., Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, etc. Sarah Palin and Rudy Giuliani as well. These are the only people I googled.

^^^None of that has any relation to your assertion that corruption was discovered via Russians hacking the DNC.

Last edited:
My hopes are that prosecution for Hillary is still on the table. There is enough evidence to proceed. It is bad optics to not proceed with prosecution, it would make it appear the investigation was nothing more than politically motivated.

I will wager any amount of money, with you, or anyone else on this website, that Hillary Clinton will NOT be convicted of anything over the next 8 years.

Name your price. Let's do this.

Nobody ever takes me up on this for some reason.

How about a sig bet?

Gee this Trump backlash from bad losers in the USA has made you a laughing stock around the world. Trump won the election with the system that Americans endorsed, weather that was good or bad or right or wrong thats what you got. Maybe more americans should have got off their ass and voted, or is it because both options were rubbish and no one knew who to vote for, a problem we have in this country only too often.

However one thing is true, never discuss politics or religion LOL.

Alan.

The Clintons gave speeches in exchange for charitable donations. That is not corruption. That is charity.

Wow, that's hilarious.

^^^None of that has any relation to your assertion that corruption was discovered via Russians hacking the DNC.

Wikileaks, that's part of what some are calling the Russian hacks, yeah?

A leaked Clinton Foundation internal memo brought to light some oddities with Foundation wheeling and dealing. A long time "aide" to Bill Clinton, Doug Band, this guy was while soliciting donations for the foundation secured lucrative deals to the tune of millions for Clinton himself. According to Band, he was doing this all independently with no pay from either the Clintons or the Foundation. No pay, just like the Clintons! Oh, but Bill was getting paid, and quite well.

“Independent of our fundraising and decision-making activities on behalf of the Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to helping the President secure and engage in for-profit activities — including speeches, books, and advisory service engagements," Band wrote. "In that context, we have in effect served as agents, lawyers, managers and implementers to secure speaking, business and advisory service deals. In support of the President’s for-profit activity, we also have solicited and obtained, as appropriate, in-kind services for the President and his family — for personal travel, hospitality, vacation and the like.”
We do not receive a fee for, or percentage of, the more than $50 million in for-profit activity we have personally helped to secure for President Clinton to date or the $66 million in future contracts, should he choose to continue with those engagements,” he continued.

When Chelsea Clinton expressed concern over the entire arrangement, Band sought to put her in her place and silence her.

“I realize it is difficult to confront and reason with her but this could go too far and then we all will have a real serious set of other problems,” Band wrote.

Hm, Band seemed worried. It is tough to figure out what all of this means, a tangled web by design i'm sure. Donate to the foundation, secure ex-president Bill Clinton and husband of future president Hillary some pocket money and a sweet paid advisory position on the board, throw in some family travel expenses, vacations, perks.....gain access to power? But it seems pretty clear that Bill Clinton wasn't out giving speeches in exchange for charity. Was it illegal? I bet it would be damn difficult to prove, even if so. But it stinks of corruption....using the Foundation to get in the door and then a good shaking down for personal gain.

If someone came to me seeking donation to a charity, then "independently" suggested that I hire the well connected head of said charity who happens to be a former POTUS and whose wife is presumed to be the next POTUS.....hm, it might just be a lucrative arrangement for all, although fraught with potential impropriety and legal ramifications.

I will wager any amount of money, with you, or anyone else on this website, that Hillary Clinton will NOT be convicted of anything over the next 8 years.

Name your price. Let's do this.

Nobody ever takes me up on this for some reason.

How about a sig bet?

Naw man.

In order for Hillary to get prosecuted she would first have to be indicted.

You know me, I have trust issues.

Remember what I said about Hillary and the killing of Gaddafi. Instead of being so gleeful, you would think she would be maybe a bit inclined towards, But for the grace of God, thereforth I go. Politicians protect the political class in part out of self preservation. She didn't win the election, that is enough. Game over. If they started the ball rolling on prosecutions for corruption half of them would probably be in prison. Can't have that.

She and Bill could drop a dime on over half of Washington. Nah, nothing will happen. Too many would go down with her.

So that's your evidence of corruption - that some guy helped the Clintons do charity work that was independently audited by charity watchdogs and found to be highly efficient. And this same guy helped Bill Clinton arrange perfectly legal paid speeches - something every single President or former Prime Minister or former Governor does.

That is a nothingburger.

That nothingburger is exponentially different than "The Clintons gave speeches in exchange for charitable donations."

Beltway people. :rolleyes:

Confused?

Not equal to, or greater than if you prefer.

Better, Brit?

Sad news. Reports are the Clintons are shutting down The Clinton Global Initiative. I can't imagine why, still so much work to be done, and now that Hillary has so much free time to devote.....?

Back