DAW Users With ADD

Cakewalk was my first love...sorry to see it go.
It's not really gone, it's just stopped dead in it's tracks.

Looking back I wish I would've spent more on hardware and less on software and computers, but oh well.

Cyber Monday
I bought a ten pack of acoustic strings for $35. I've got at least a dozen sets laying around but I always buy when the price is right. I'm paying less for strings now than I did thirty years ago.

Also I bought 80/20 strings, they used to call them "brass" strings, they have a slightly different sound than standard bronze.

Football
Interesting set of circumstances. The Badgers have to beat Ohio state or they will plummet in the rankings.

The Packers are already in a free fall, tonight will be a travesty.

LATER!!!

Football
Interesting set of circumstances. The Badgers have to beat Ohio state or they will plummet in the rankings.

LATER!!!
If you’re gonna get a top 4 seed, eventually you have to beat someone good. :)

Rutgers was in a real nail biter yesterday. At least until the coin toss. :rolleyes:

I'm not an Eli fan, but the Giants are treating him like dirt. He deserves better than that.

You are correct.

That said, the time has come to evaluate what you have vis a vis a future quarterback. So why exactly are they starting Geno Smith? He is not, and never will be anyone’s future QB. :mad:

There is probably no easy way to sit Eli, but if you’re gonna do it, start the rookie. At least you’ll get an idea of whether you need to spend your top 3 pick on a QB.

BTW, it should be mentioned they sat Kurt Warner to let Eli play a few years back. What goes around, comes around.

BTW, it should be mentioned they sat Kurt Warner to let Eli play a few years back. What goes around, comes around.

While Kurt Warner was a better QB than Eli, he didn't win any championships for the Giants or have a impressive starting streak. I consdider Eli above average but not elite.
I agree that if they were starting a rookie it would be a lot easier to digest.

Badgers
Their biggest test of the season. I would love to believe the rankings but I've watched the games. If there is any reason to be hopeful, it's that they seem to be improving each game.

Software
I told myself I wouldn't be buying anymore, but there was a cyber Monday sale on the Amplitube 4/Jimi Hendix bundle for $49. I really don't need any more amp sims, but the clincher was that it comes with an eight track recorder/looper built in. The recorder is very, very simple and fun to use. The amp sims are getting better too. The biggest turn off is the shopping cart icon and all the greyed out slots for items you can purchase. I want software to work for me, not try and sell me stuff.

The weather
Nice, until next week.

LATER!!!!

I consdider Eli above average but not elite.
I agree that if they were starting a rookie it would be a lot easier to digest.
!!
That’s about right. “Maybe” in the top 10 (although certainly not this year), definitely not top 5.

Good luck with Wisconsin! I have no dog in the fight, so may as well root for the Badgers. :thumbs up:

Really gotta question giving the managerial job of an up and coming Yankee team to someone who has never managed or coached at any level. What are they thinking? :confused:

12-1
Despite the uncharacteristic big plays the defense gave up, it was the offense that ultimately let the team down. Technically they only scored eleven points. Had they held on to the ball a little longer they probably would've kept Ohio State from scoring another time also. Pretty much what I had expected but disappointing none the less.

If they lose their bowl game the undefeated regular season will be a hollow achievement.

Packers
A win able game today, but I'm not sure what the end game is. Playoffs would be a miracle at this point and if they did make it, they wouldn't get very far.

My best case scenario at this point would be for Hundley to play well enough to become trade bait at the end of the season, but still lose enough to get a favorable schedule and draft position.

LATER!!!

Sorry about the Badgers. I watched a little of the game on and off, and they looked a little flat. Could be OSU made them look that way. Not sure.

I think I figured out the Giants strategy. They’re going to play Geno to insure they get the top draft pick. I mean, what else could it be? :confused:

Reese and McAdoo gone! Long overdue. Never liked McAdoo, even when he was 11-5 in his first year.

Regardless, still hoping they lose out and get a high draft pick. 6-10 isn’t any better than 2-14. Just hate that 3 of their last 4 come against division rivals. :(

Late season division games keep things interesting.
I’m torn between wanting say to crush the cowgirls, versus getting as high a draft pick as possible. To be honest, unless we could cost someone a playoff berth, I’m probably rooting for the other team. :o

Sorry state of affairs when 4-8 Rutgers had a better year than the Giants.

Btw, I’m rootng for the Browns this weekend. :D

I’m torn between wanting say to crush the cowgirls, versus getting as high a draft pick as possible. To be honest, unless we could cost someone a playoff berth, I’m probably rooting for the other team. :o

Sorry state of affairs when 4-8 Rutgers had a better year than the Giants.

Btw, I’m rootng for the Browns this weekend. :D

High draft picks are nice, but they're still a gamble. I'll take crushing a division opponents.

I also have to say that I don't like the Cowgirls either, I've been really consistent about that.

Alcohol
There will be some in my future.:drunk:

LATER!!!

Have to say I’m not a big fan of the Giancarlo Stanton move. Too much money. Too long a contract. Smacks of the Arod deal.

Although I might feel different when I start watching the middle of their lineup next season. Sanchez, Judge, Stanton, Bird, Gregorius. My, my, my. :D

Eight years
To retirement.
The question is will my job last that long? I hope so.

Daughter
Moved back home. She switched from college to technical school for a two year program and will be taking the bus. On the good side I will have co-signed for a lot less debt, on the bad side, she'll be living at home.:rolleyes:

Gear
I broke down and bought a cheap MIDI controller and another pedal I'll never use, but it was so cheap I couldn't afford not to buy them.

Football
Tough one today, if the Packers lose it's all but over. If they win it's still a long shot.

LATER!!!!

Getting back together for an evening of music and drink (not necessarily in that order) with Vic the Drum and our old bass player in a couple of weeks. Don’t know if it will lead to anything, but should be a bit of fun either way.

I plugged in my LP last night. Haven’t played it in months and it sounded horrible. Could be the distortion pedal, or maybe it always sounded horrible and I just needed a break to realize it. Certainly needs new strings also. I need to play around with things to see if I can get a decent tone out of it.

Daughter
Moved back home. She switched from college to technical school for a two year program and will be taking the bus. On the good side I will have co-signed for a lot less debt, on the bad side, she'll be living at home.:rolleyes:
.!!
They don’t call them boomerang kids for nothing. My son just turned 35, and here was living here until just a few months ago. And I’m not completely sure he won’t be back again. :eek:

Sorry about the Pack. The Giants actually scored some points today. Still lost though. :)

Just bagged up my LP. Haven't touched it since the studio went down. Mostly playing on the Yamaha (acoustic)...
Not a fan of what went on in footballl this weekend (closet Seahawks fan)...
Have the day off and going to see if I can get rid of some of the leaves. With the gout hitting my right foot hard, it will be a load of fun!

Merry Christmas to all!

Back