DAW Users With ADD

So I cranked up the volume, called wifey in and we listened to the two tracks.

She said mine was "boring" and why couldn't I sing, write songs and perform like Guy. I said he was bald, she said that she could find that quite attractive. :eek:

So then I pointed out all my other qualities. She said "hmmmm....."

But I have to say, Guy's track is superb, he's the winner.

Baldy Headed Childish Music Machine (BHCMM)

Hope your truck gets stuck in mud/snow anytime soon :p

:D

Aint no contest to me...I'll drink beer listening to both of them.... :D

Guess Guy will have to sing his at Jamfest, won't he.... ;)

Paul881 said:
How childish can you get :p :)
I'll have you know,I'm holding back.I've got songs that would make that song sound like Bridge Over Troubled Waters. :o :D :rolleyes:

So Paul,do you like David Gilmour? :confused: :D :rolleyes: I enjoyed you track,the only reason I didn't do leads over the whole thing is I've only got one measure worth of licks. :o :eek: :rolleyes:

Still waiting for Mike's version....waiting.....waiting... :p Oh that's right,he doesn't have enough time.

I will spend all day with the words "boobies all the time, it ain't wrong, it ain't a crime," running through my head
That almost didn't make it,I was going to sing....

He's practicing really hard,
when he's not pooping in the yard...

It was a last minute editorial deadline kind of thing,ya know?

It's Friday!!!

Later!!!

16-8 so far in my NCAA picks. However, the only one that's killed me is Marquette - since I picked them to go to the sweet sixteen. The other seven I had losing in the next round anyway.

Of course, if I had picked nothing but the higher seeds, I would be 20-4. :( :(

acidrock said:
I'll have you know,I'm holding back.I've got songs that would make that song sound like Bridge Over Troubled Waters. :o :D :rolleyes:

So Paul,do you like David Gilmour? :confused: :D :rolleyes: I enjoyed you track,the only reason I didn't do leads over the whole thing is I've only got one measure worth of licks. :o :eek: :rolleyes:

Still waiting for Mike's version....waiting.....waiting... :p Oh that's right,he doesn't have enough time.

That almost didn't make it,I was going to sing....

He's practicing really hard,
when he's not pooping in the yard...

It was a last minute editorial deadline kind of thing,ya know?

It's Friday!!!

Later!!!

You sure have a way with words, Guy ;)
:D

acidrock said:
Later!!!

Yeah, I do actually. (I bet that came as a real surprise :rolleyes: ) The tone on that came from my POD XT set to Dave Gilmour :) A tone I d/l'ed from the POD forum and then tweaked some.

Paul881 said:
Yeah, I do actually. (I bet that came as a real surprise :rolleyes: ) The tone on that came from my POD XT set to Dave Gilmour :) A tone I d/l'ed from the POD forum and then tweaked some.
I was this close >< to getting the new cheapie POD floor pedal awhile back. :eek:I'm lacking that classic rock endless sustain.
I think what I really need is a set neck dual humbucker guitar.I've got two set necks,a LP/DC that has P-90's and the Gretsch which is a hollowbody and doesn't even have a center block.Amazingly my Strat has probably got the best sustain,but I rarely ever play it.

I am majorly drooling over the Schecters and ESPs,the ones with Seymour Duncans.Mmmmm,Seymour Duncans. :cool:

16-8 so far in my NCAA picks. However, the only one that's killed me is Marquette - since I picked them to go to the sweet sixteen. The other seven I had losing in the next round anyway.

Of course, if I had picked nothing but the higher seeds, I would be 20-4.

Did you catch the Wisconsin game?I'll bet you thought it was going to be deja vu all over again. :D

Today
Nothing planned,nothing to do,but I'm not complaining. :)

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
I was this close >< to getting the new cheapie POD floor pedal awhile back. :eek:I'm lacking that classic rock endless sustain.
I think what I really need is a set neck dual humbucker guitar.I've got two set necks,a LP/DC that has P-90's and the Gretsch which is a hollowbody and doesn't even have a center block.Amazingly my Strat has probably got the best sustain,but I rarely ever play it.

I am majorly drooling over the Schecters and ESPs,the ones with Seymour Duncans.Mmmmm,Seymour Duncans. :cool:

LATER!!!

Guy, I love my POD XT, and the sustain comes from a great tone; it is supposed to be for a single coil not the copy PAF's on my EP LP Custom. But with a few tweaks, I can get it to sound great. I especially love the Fender Blackface simulations. Studying all today except for two hours cutting the grass for the first time this year.

Wifey is off to see her Mom and Dad tomorrow leaving me studying again. Then its off to our daughters for a roast dinner tomorrow evening. Oh, and its Mothers Day here in the UK tomorrow.

Take care everyone, its vicious out there. :)

two hours cutting the grass for the first time this year.

I'm a good month away from having to do that. :eek: The cherry trees have started to bud,hopefully when the blossoms come out it will be nice out,living next to Lake Michigan is not a good thing in the spring. :(

The big news this year...the swingset and sandbox are outta here! :cool:

Gear talk
I've been reading most of the ribbon mic threads,I'm really getting interested in one of these.

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
I'm a good month away from having to do that. :eek: The cherry trees have started to bud,hopefully when the blossoms come out it will be nice out,living next to Lake Michigan is not a good thing in the spring. :(

The big news this year...the swingset and sandbox are outta here! :cool:

Gear talk
I've been reading most of the ribbon mic threads,I'm really getting interested in one of these.

LATER!!!

I remember that wonderful day when my youngest daughters collection of 26 Barbies and the Barbie house went to some neighbours kids. If there are two things I cannot stand, its the colour pink and anything that is heart shaped. :(

Don't know much about ribbon mics - whats so great about them?

Don't know much about ribbon mics - whats so great about them?
I'm not sure,but I want to find out. :D

They have a figure eight pattern and can be used in something called mid-side technique,and they're supposed to have different characteristics than other mics.The thing is,until I get my hands on one,I'll never know what in the hell that all means. :D

LATER!!!!

acidrock said:
Did you catch the Wisconsin game?I'll bet you thought it was going to be deja vu all over again. :D
Damn Cheeseboys.

So far 10 of my sweet sixteen picks are in, and only 3 are out. Of course, 2 of the 3 are Marquette and Wisc. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I had them both losing their next game anyway. :p And pending the outcome of the Memphis game - my final four are all still alive. :D

dachay2tnr said:
Damn Cheeseboys.

So far 10 of my sweet sixteen picks are in, and only 3 are out. Of course, 2 of the 3 are Marquette and Wisc. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I had them both losing their next game anyway. :p And pending the outcome of the Memphis game - my final four are all still alive. :D
If you would've asked me,I would've told you that I wasn't that high on either team,but I would've thought they would take one more game each.

I usually only pay attention to the final four.

Movie Review
The 300.

Quite possibly the worst movie I have seen in the past 10 years. (It might be the worst in over 10 years, but at this age my memory only goes back so far.) I have trouble trying to think of even one redeeming quality about it. Avoid it at all costs.

dachay2tnr said:
Movie Review
The 300.

Quite possibly the worst movie I have seen in the past 10 years. (It might be the worst in over 10 years, but at this age my memory only goes back so far.) I have trouble trying to think of even one redeeming quality about it. Avoid it at all costs.
It looks exciting on the pre-views :(

dachay2tnr said:
Movie Review
The 300.

I guess I'll wait for the video.

I don't go to the theater very often,I guess I'll have to wait for Spidey 3.

Back