Bubba Watson to paint over Dukes of Hazzard car Confederate flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did a gig at a US Airbase and to hide the untidy cables under the keyboard, we hung the US flag there - One of the Sergeants was very upset because it touched the floor which, he said was an offence as technically it was US soil. Never knew if this was true or he was taking the mickey out of us?

We did a gig at a US Airbase and to hide the untidy cables under the keyboard, we hung the US flag there - One of the Sergeants was very upset because it touched the floor which, he said was an offence as technically it was US soil. Never knew if this was true or he was taking the mickey out of us?
The flag is not to touch the ground. Even a lot of Americans are ignorant to this.

you're confusing pointing out inconsistently with taking something personal.
go back and read the post. he was whining about not being able to get swastikas for his airplanes.

quit being the drama queen.

You're a strange man, Jimi. My house has exactly one WWII German airplane model in it - a 2 1/2" long Stuka that has the Swastika decal on it in any case. As usual, you missed the point of my post, which was to give my opinion that censorship of this type is futile and counter-productive. If you censor them you give them power.

Duplicate...

(Hey whatever happened to the delete feature!?! We used to have one.)

Says an Air Force Veteran who was also an Honor Guard member tasked with taking proper care of the flag amongst other duties.

Did he make up these rules, or did they come from somewhere else?
I mean this person no disrespect, but I'm not going to show that much respect for a flag.
Aint gonna do it!

This has gone well beyond the flag. It's a cultural cleansing that involves history, heritage and the arts... books, movies, music, etc.

This happened in Germany under Hitler's Third Reich.

It happened during the Chinese Revolution... The destruction of "The Four Olds" by the Red Guard under Mao Tse-tung. The Four Olds... Old Customs, Old culture, Old habits, Old ideas.

It's been happening under ISIS in the Middle East as they destroy historical relics, symbols and books that offend them.

It should not be happening in the United States of America. It should be of concern to every artist and history lover. We're entering a time where combined with digital technology we can wipe out music and movies that offend anyone.

This has gone well beyond the flag. It's a cultural cleansing that involves history, heritage and the arts... books, movies, music, etc.

This happened in Germany under Hitler's Third Reich.

It happened during the Chinese Revolution... The destruction of "The Four Olds" by the Red Guard under Mao Tse-tung. The Four Olds... Old Customs, Old culture, Old habits, Old ideas.

It's been happening under ISIS in the Middle East as they destroy historical relics, symbols and books that offend them.

It should not be happening in the United States of America. It should be of concern to every artist and history lover. We're entering a time where combined with digital technology we can wipe out music and movies that offend anyone.

Posting that mess twice doesn't make it any better.

Did he make up these rules, or did they come from somewhere else?
I mean this person no disrespect, but I'm not going to show that much respect for a flag.
Aint gonna do it!

It's just general flag etiquette. The US flag isn't supposed to ever touch the ground. But making it into bikinis and bandannas is perfectly fine.

@ beez, As you wish, you have that right.:thumbs up:

Its is protocol, and there was a time when the flag stood for something.

Posting that mess twice doesn't make it any better.

No matter what else you know and how good you are at whatever that is, you must know history or you will lose it all. Nothing else matters.

TPP---Toilet Paper Palace?

:facepalm:

Trans Pacific Partnership.

A massive secretive trade pact between North America and Asia which allows countries which practice slavery to participate in trade with the rest of the world. Obama insisted this part of the agreement, which was originally banned, then insisted on it being allowed just before Congress voted for it last week! The same man who jumps on TV two seconds after the SC shooting event to cry for more gun control and tearing down confederate flags.

Cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back