Bubba Watson to paint over Dukes of Hazzard car Confederate flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile back at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, some dude with a pen and a phone ensured slave labor will remain alive and well in the TPP.

Cheers! :)

There you go, casting aspersions. It really is funny to see how textbook some people think. Brainwashed into whatever the news media sells.
I try to keep an open mind and let it be a hate crime when that's proven. I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just saying I may not know all the facts.
I've seen the footage of the people saying the guy was racist and was going to go shoot up something. Why didn't these kids say something? Don't know. Doesn't matter because we can't take that back.
I've also seen footage of the same kid's friends saying his intended target was further down the road and predominantly white. So was his intended target what these kids said, or was it this church. I wasn't there, and I really don't fully trust what's printed on the internet as 100% truth.

Bob; I gotta agree with just about all you said. Not all that say Lord, Lord will be admitted into Heaven, and there is a lot of stupidity and silly talk about slavery and genocide and race wars... But on the other hand, I'm trying to move beyond Nazi Germany and Civil War America and get on with getting racism stopped. When the media stops pushing these things at us to invoke hatred, that will be a great beginning.

---------- Update ----------

TPP---Toilet Paper Palace?

if they target that bank because its employees are black and jewish, and their intent is to kill them because of this, then its a hate crime...quite simple really, I think my children can even comprehend it.

The problem with this argument is and always has been that it is VERY difficult to prove intent. If someone robs a bank and shoots 6 people at random and they are all white, it would not hit the media at all...if those 6 random people were two women, a Muslim and three blacks it would be a hate crime, regardless of his intent. That is how our current media run mentality works and that is why it is difficult to truly define a "hate crime".
When someone admits their motives, it becomes clear. When someone displays their motives (as in my example above) it is clear. But when it is an event with debatable points, I leave the labels off until it becomes clear.

BTW, I would never argue that the civil war was or wasn't about slavery. That is a pretty clearly proven point. The point of debate (at least as far as I thought it was in this thread) was the flag of the confederacy. As was mentioned, it is wrong to try to erase history. Removing the flag after all this time is upsetting to some who've looked at that flag in a different light. They see it as southern heritage, not white supremacy. It's all funny to me, because I'm born in California, raised in Idaho and now living in the Carolinas, and yes there's still bigotry and subdued racial problems, but it's nothing like the stuff you see on TV that went on in the 60s. Sorry, for this type of thing, there is no light switch. There is no microwave that can fix it. You just gotta let the generations slowly wash it away. Education helps. Keeping the media from igniting fires would be REALLY helpful.

Also removing a well-liked TV program (sorry, no, I don't watch the thing) after being on the air for 36 years is like pulling 60's Cosby Kids re-runs off because one of Bill Cosby's characters (Mush Mouth) had overhyped, stereotype, big lips. For the love of God, Bill Cosby was black. Why would a respected member of their own race be called into question for racist content 25+ years later. It was ridiculous there and it is with the Dukes. THAT is where I see stupidity running rampant.

it's amazing the people that will claim they don't know what a hate crime is.
The guy that shot those church people specifically said he wanted to kill blacks and some still say they don't see how it should be called a hate crime.
AND some of them are guys that profess being Christian ............ :rolleyes:

lord help me ..... stupidity is rampant!

Just like the yahoos that argue the civil was wasn't about slavery when the succession papers each state filed mentioned slavery as a primary reason for succeeding.

I know what is classified as a hate crime...it's the why I'm asking about.
If a white man kills another white man because he hates his guts, it's not a hate crime.
if a white man kills a black man because he hates his guts it is a hate crime.
why?

Sarcasm apart, you can't build a historically accurate model kit of a German WWII aeroplane these days because the tail swastika isn't included in the decals. This is fucking stupid, because if you pretend that history never happened, then you're doomed to repeat it.

this statement is coming from the guy who made the burning cross comment in the earlier post?
lmao

I could care less abo2ut the banning or not banning of the rebel flag.
get rid of it.
get rid of the union jack too while you're at it. the British murdered, tortured, and oppressed our people and we had to wage war to gain liberty from them...they burnt homes and farms...killed women and children. (and actually have the audacity to talk about the confederacy )
they were every bit as bad, and probably worse, than the confederate army ever thought about being.
Indians were massacred and put under horrendous conditions...far worse than African Americans.....under the stars and stripes.
Shouldn't the American flag be banned or at least completely redesigned as well?

Last edited:
n.Irony:
That which should not be attempted in HR without giving notice, (foreshadowing will not suffice).
I've always seen the Confederate flag & Confederate economy for what it was. I thought it tacky when used in comedy but that's all. It's an historical symbol replete with symbolism and mythology - perhaps it was used - WARING WARNING I CONTENT, ironically in the show & I missed it.
I would venture that all current dominant states & cultures acquired their dominance through dominance as achieved by aggression through the use of technologically superior weapons/numbers or through economic coercion. Knowing, acknowledging, accepting and disavowing such means, and in fact the need to do so, should be sufficient when there is no reasonable hope or process for recompense.

I know what is classified as a hate crime...it's the why I'm asking about.
If a white man kills another white man because he hates his guts, it's not a hate crime.
if a white man kills a black man because he hates his guts it is a hate crime.
why?

no its not....its a hate crime if he targets the black man solely because he's black...not because he "hates his guts", but because he hates all blacks "guts"

I dont know if you're purposely being obtuse Jimi, its very simple to grasp.

yes, you were whining about not being able to get swastika decals right?

Mentioning the fact does not equal "whining", its not the cave Jimi...you and Broken H dont have to take everything so personally. Your ilk always seem to, Im not sure why.

you're confusing pointing out inconsistently with taking something personal.
go back and read the post. he was whining about not being able to get swastikas for his airplanes.

quit being the drama queen.

What's wrong with a little hate?

---------- Update ----------

I could care less abo2ut the banning or not banning of the rebel flag. 9wswwzdw o8k9kk99999 on my
get rid of it.
get rid of the union jack too while you're at it. the British murdered, tortured, and oppressed our people and we had to wage war to gain liberty from them...they burnt homes and farms...killed women and ch999ildren999 9o9ol kn. (and actually have the audacity to talk about the confederacy )
they were every bit as bad, and probably worse, than the confederate army ever thought about being.
Indians were massacred and put under horrendous conditions...far worse than African Americans.....under the stars and stripes.
Shouldn't the American flag be banned or at least completely redesigned as well?

Are you off your meds?

no its not....its a hate crime if he targets the black man solely because he's black...not because he "hates his guts", but because he hates all blacks "guts"

I dont know if you're purposely being obtuse Jimi, its very simple to grasp.
yeah, it's simple to grasp. That doesn't mean it's right. A racist kills someone of a different race should get more time in jail....simply because he is a racist....than a thug who robs, beats, rapes, mutilates, and murders your elderly mother?

It wasn't a hate crime because he didn't hate all elderly women.

Somehow I don't think her son would agree.
It's asinine just like most of the other PC bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back