Bombogenesis

Having lived in Texas for many years, I have no desire to move back. Give me trees and green. I'll put up with the cold for a few months. Most of Texas looks like a nuclear accident.

Where did you live? Odessa? Amarillo? Laredo? Most of the eastern half of Texas is nothing but trees, and east Texas is bigger than New England. How did you miss the trees? :wtf:

I aint saying Texas is pretty, but fucking shit, there's no shortage of trees.

Could be worse, you could live in the UK where everything stops if they even forecast snow. We're officially crap where the weather's concerned.

All yall need is a leg lamp in each front window.
:laughings:
almost everything down here is a cookie cutter McMansion looking thing, including my own house.

Yeah, same here. I hate living in subdivisions like this, but can't afford the acreage to get away from it.

Our seasons do all kind of mush together down here with no clear definition between them except for the heat months. The heat months are just plain hot every day with no change whatsoever. The forecast never changes from about May to late October. We get like 7 months of solid humid heat, but the rest is generally mild with a few sporadic cold snaps. Our winter comes in the form of random cold fronts passing through. We'll be holding steady in the 60 and 70s and then overnight it will drop to 35-40 and hold for a few days. Then it's back up to the 60s. Gulf coast baby!

We don't get the humidity. 3 hours from each other and the weather can be completely different. I can look at the skies and see huge thunderstorms off in the east, then look on the radar and it's over Houston. We'll get nothing.

Winters here are pleasant with just enough cold to feel like it's winter once in a while.

The one thing that was really cool about living up north was the feeling you get when you wake up and it's a snow day and you didn't have to go to school.

Where did you live? Odessa? Amarillo? Laredo? Most of the eastern half of Texas is nothing but trees, and east Texas is bigger than New England. How did you miss the trees? :wtf:

I aint saying Texas is pretty, but fucking shit, there's no shortage of trees.
Exception I agree would be East Texas. That really is a nice area as far a vegetation goes. Around the Steven F. Austin College area. That is a nice area.

When you look at wooded areas in the North, and this is the difference, you look into a wooded area and it is so dense, you can't see 10 feet inside the forest. A couple of Live Oaks and Mesquite Trees isn't what I would call a forest ;)

The one thing that was really cool about living up north was the feeling you get when you wake up and it's a snow day and you didn't have to go to school.

Yea, but those Texas ice storms, while short, are really hell. Oh yea, don't forget the hail storms! When something falling from the sky can take out a windshield, knock people out, I think a few snowflakes isn't that bad.

Exception I agree would be East Texas. That really is a nice area as far a vegetation goes. Around the Steven F. Austin College area. That is a nice area.

When you look at wooded areas in the North, and this is the difference, you look into a wooded area and it is so dense, you can't see 10 feet inside the forest. A couple of Live Oaks and Mesquite Trees isn't what I would call a forest ;)

Don't forget the pecans and pines!

I was impressed by Texas when I drove across it West to East many years ago. I had the impression of 3 distinct environments...the Western 3rd looked like a John Ford movie with Mesas and vast deserts (plus tons of windowless vans being pulled over everywhere by border patrols!). The middle third seemed like grasslands with scattered tress, and the Eastern 3rd seemed pretty lush, humid and almost sub tropical to me, a bit like Louisiana. I liked it, although I don't care for the architecture so much.

Could be worse, you could live in the UK where everything stops if they even forecast snow. We're officially crap where the weather's concerned.

How you getting it, Buddy?
We just got our first drop of snow a few minutes ago. It doesn't look like it's going to come to anything though.

I love it when we get snow and the world (our world) almost literally stops turning! :eek:

Seen lots of great looking footage of the eastern US over the last few days, and some cool looking photos on here. Hope it was too snowy for you all to get in to work ;)

We've had a fair bit of snow on and off here over the last few weeks, but generally too wet to stick. Snowing heavily now though and the sky's so dark that it looks like the apocalypse...

Played football in a snowy blizzard a couple of weeks back, which was fun.

Back