Bombogenesis

mjbphotos

They keep coming up with new words to describe weather.
Around 22" of snow here this morning. Took me 90 minutes to snowblow and shovel 3 hours ago (3" of new snow while I was out there). Better than being at work ... maybe.
By the time it's over tonight, will probably have close to 30" of new snow on top of last weekend's 5-6 ".
The view from my music room is somewhat masked.
1DSC04199.JPG

That's some crazy stuff. I don't think I've ever seen that much snow, much less been buried underneath it.

But yeah, it's supposed to be almost 70 degrees here tomorrow :) Unseasonably warm for us.

We're supposed to get 2-3' here before it's over (Maine). I haven't even started shoveling as the winds are gusting up to 80 mph, so I figure anything I did would just get filled back in by drifting snow. :(
I have a very similar view out of my "studio". I'll post pics later if I remember.
I am "working" from home today. And by working, I mean reading and writing a couple of emails every hour and then doing whatever I want the rest of the time. Got a fire going in the wood stove...pretty nice...cozy.

Looks like you guys are getting the worst of it. I have a snowblower which is essential up here. Just waiting for our turn - we always get three or four good ones here a season.

I have a snowblower too, but somethings freakin' wrong. :( Something must have got in the oil (water?) as it's frozen solid...can't remove the dip stick or pull the starting cord at all. Damn! I didn't think oil could freeze. A snowblower is pretty essential here too!

That sucks on your blower. I got mine started up yesterday afternoon - needed the electric starter - and it started right up today each time. Cheap ass HD model - gas leaks from some place where the primer bulb runs into something. But it only drips every once in a while when running.

Here's the snow piling up outside my house this afternoon.
1DSC04207.JPG

That actually looks beautiful, but you must be half insane and half psychotic to willingly live with that.

Here's some images from earlier today (1st one is the view from my "studio" window) plus just a few minutes ago when I was out shoveling. We have more than 2 feet of snow, but probably less than 3 feet. Hard to tell with the drifting:

snow den.jpgsnow front.jpgsnow kitchen.jpgsnow porch.jpg

That's why god invented the air conditioner. We'll be pushing 80 today. But it was pretty cold last week. 40s and 50s.

You guys have some quaint little houses. I grew up in New England and kinda miss it, but not that much!!

That's why god invented the air conditioner. We'll be pushing 80 today. But it was pretty cold last week. 40s and 50s.

You guys have some quaint little houses. I grew up in New England and kinda miss it, but not that much!!

Agreed on the houses. They all look like they belong in A Christmas Story. I love it. All yall need is a leg lamp in each front window. almost everything down here is a cookie cutter McMansion looking thing, including my own house.

New Englanders say the same about people living in 100+ degree heat for weeks on end. ;)

For the record, I have never said that! :)

When you talk about moving South around here, people always say, "oh, but I'd miss the seasons"...and I'm like, they have seasons in the tropics, the rainy season and the dry season...good enough for me.

When you talk about moving South around here, people always say, "oh, but I'd miss the seasons"...and I'm like, they have seasons in the tropics, the rainy season and the dry season...good enough for me.

Our seasons do all kind of mush together down here with no clear definition between them except for the heat months. The heat months are just plain hot every day with no change whatsoever. The forecast never changes from about May to late October. We get like 7 months of solid humid heat, but the rest is generally mild with a few sporadic cold snaps. Our winter comes in the form of random cold fronts passing through. We'll be holding steady in the 60 and 70s and then overnight it will drop to 35-40 and hold for a few days. Then it's back up to the 60s. Gulf coast baby!

Having lived in Texas for many years, I have no desire to move back. Give me trees and green. I'll put up with the cold for a few months. Most of Texas looks like a nuclear accident.

Back