What's the Meaning of Life?

fritsthegirl

Taste of home
If you had a life, what would be the meaning of it? If you could change the meaning of your life, what would it be? If you've never thought about it, but feel pressured to say something because I've asked, then {ponder this}...are you satisfied with your life? How would you, or could you, change the meaning of it to make it more meaningful?

:eatpopcorn:

I figure that we're like ants - it takes a lot of us to do anything important to change the world. Like building cars - that takes a lot of people.

If you had a life, what would be the meaning of it? If you could change the meaning of your life, what would it be? If you've never thought about it, but feel pressured to say something because I've asked, then {ponder this}...are you satisfied with your life? How would you, or could you, change the meaning of it to make it more meaningful?

One word... children.

Well if one wanted to change ..... Statistically it take about five years for you to accomplish the task.

That is way too deep for me to fathom right now.

Gives me something to think about while I spend a week reflecting on the shore of a mountain lake with nothing but myself, nature and a buddy to talk to.

By the way, where have you been lately? There is a thread about you if you haven't noticed.

:)

That is way too deep for me to fathom right now.

Same :p

I think life is defined by what we leave behind. Memories, children, or whatever other creations.

I'm turning 21 this year and since I turned 20 I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing and what I want to leave behind.
I wish I had an answer though. (maybe by default right now the meaning of my life is looking for an answer to "what's the meaning of life?") I always get depressed when I think about it and end up becoming really lethargic :yawn:

The meaning of my life is when you're in it. (I've missed you too. :D)

But life doesn't have any meaning. Like Gecko says, it just is. Unlike Gecko, I don't think you create your own meanings - I think meanings arise on their own. They're just ideas though.

There are two paths most people want take with their meaning of life. One group of people try to make their mark on humankind and leave something meaningful behind. Others are content just to be and go back to dust when it's over.

I'm taking the third, most traveled, but least honorable path which is to leave your mark, but have your mark be a blemish on humankind. No one wants to admit this is the path they're taking, but I will celebrate it.

There are two paths most people want take with their meaning of life. One group of people try to make their mark on humankind and leave something meaningful behind. Others are content just to be and go back to dust when it's over.

I'm taking the third, most traveled, but least honorable path which is to leave your mark, but have your mark be a blemish on humankind. No one wants to admit this is the path they're taking, but I will celebrate it.

To be the shitstain on the bedsheet of human history.

I'll take the existential view: you are all constructs of my fetid mind and have populated my existance to create a conversation between the depths of my personal hell, the highs of my personal nirvana and the blandness of my personal 3 day old white sliced bread.
Given that my struggle to exist within my own existence left me cold after "I think therefor I am" reaching for another Popeye cartoon "Iyamhwat Iyam" suggests that existance is a personal purgatory between my life as a fly and my life as cow dung populated by flies.
But I digress...

Back