Harmony Vocals you like best thread

Some here may not concur but I gotz to say IMO this live version of Sylvia's mother on Shel Silverstein's houseboat is epic in of itself and the live harmonies are as well...the creme de la creme is at the end...They knew they nailed and were pretty pleased about it.

Long before there was a Daryl's house there was Shel's houseboat

So speaking of Daryl's house...that little Youtube channel is solid gold.
It has so many incredible performances with so many incredible musicians.
Daryl Hall and John Oates may have pulled off a lot of great hits where harmonies were a huge part but in these episodes all recorded in his barn live....there are 90+ video of live performances where the harmonies certainly qualify as epic....

So rather than post one that I like of which there are too many to pick just one as my favorite I'm just posting a link video to take you to his channel where you can pick from a laundry list of famous musicians to pick from...What a crazy cool free gift Daryl has put out for we the people..Sure he makes money from the channel but this is clearly a very cool labor of love.

Last edited:
This post reminded me of the most epic harmonies in rock n roll history...totally slipped my feeble old mind until you mentioned the phrase "turned it into an instrument"...

Always liked that song! Great harmony vocals don't have to be constant throughout a song, but rather have to come in at the right time.

Some here may not concur but I gotz to say IMO this live version of Sylvia's mother on Shel Silverstein's houseboat is epic in of itself and the live harmonies are as well...the creme de la creme is at the end...They knew they nailed and were pretty pleased about it.

Long before there was a Daryl's house there was Shel's houseboat

I saw them at the Providence Civic Center (1970s) when they opened for Sha Na Na. My wife wanted to see Sha Na Na. I wanted to see Dr. Hook. They were awesome, even if they were a bit high. LOL

Exactly how I'm not in love was accomplished is not common knowledge. It's why I was saying it's the most epic harmonies in rock recording history.....

Very tricky

Everyone who has ever heard Seals and Crofts is familiar with Diamond Girl and Hummingbird.
Paper Airplanes is one of their lessen known songs.

Exactly how I'm not in love was accomplished is not common knowledge. It's why I was saying it's the most epic harmonies in rock recording history.....

Very tricky
You know, considering the lengths they went to to get all those voices recorded, I think it's a rather musically uninspiring piece. It's kind of boring. The story of its creation is way more interesting than the piece itself, although I like the overall song.
But 10cc did some great harmonies on other songs. The harmonies on "Art for art's sake" kick up those of "I'm not in love."

There are so many vocal harmonies I dig, I could fit them all in a trunk and ship them off to Newfoundland.
But I couldn't be bothered.

You know, considering the lengths they went to to get all those voices recorded, I think it's a rather musically uninspiring piece. It's kind of boring. The story of its creation is way more interesting than the piece itself, although I like the overall song.
But 10cc did some great harmonies on other songs. The harmonies on "Art for art's sake" kick up those of "I'm not in love."
Uninspiring??? Can't disagree with you more, Grim. I love that type of stuff. I used to listen to Original Soundtrack a lot, at least until the album got ruined. 10CC didn't do great in the states, but I really liked them.

I'll throw this one out. The combination of McGuinn, Crosby and Clark could make magic happen.

And here's another excellent vocal group, ironically doing a Byrds song.

Back