Show your guitar, bass, acoustic, any stringed instrument harem!

This picture is from early last year, need to take a new one, but takes a lot of time to set up!
Since then, the 12-string Gretsch electromatic has been returned to its owner (I was holding onto it while he traveled) and I have added a Gretsch bass and no-name f-style mandolin.

Attachments

• Guitars P1050745.jpg
    Guitars P1050745.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 6
Yeah, they do. Offshore but pretty nice.
The USA ones are private stock only now.
Couldn't tell you who is producing them but the majority of guitars are made by two OEM's, Samick and Cort. About 20 years ago I got a factory tour in Inchon that included rough to finish in both acoustic and electric manufacturing lines. What I saw was a surprising number of different names on headstocks. At the time most of the cheaper lines were being built in Indonesia but much is now done in China. Only found this thumbnail but have pictures archived somewhere.

samick1.jpg

Couldn't tell you who is producing them but the majority of guitars are made by two OEM's, Samick and Cort. About 20 years ago I got a factory tour in Inchon that included rough to finish in both acoustic and electric manufacturing lines. What I saw was a surprising number of different names on headstocks. At the time most of the cheaper lines were being built in Indonesia but much is now done in China. Only found this thumbnail but have pictures archived somewhere.

View attachment 121094
Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing!

Back