TheRecordingRebels.com

Sorry guys, not trying to derail. Thread drift, it happens.

I have to correct what I said, I mis-remembered. Full and correct story, bros....

My wife was on the phone with her friend. The second of her friend's 2 birds had just died. Second time for no apparent reason. Bummer, I thinks to myself. Her friend is worried if there is something toxic in her home, canary in a coal mine thing. I'm sitting there shining my piggy bank when I thinks out loud, "I've heard teflon pans when heated to hi temps can release toxins that can kill birds"....."Were her birds near the kitchen when she was cooking with non-stick cookware, blah blah blah?" My wife hears me and asks her friend. Friend says no. BUT, she keeps her bird cage in the spare bedroom where she also DOES HER IRONING. And, get this, her iron is TEFLON COATED. Mystery solved?

Is that what killed her birds? Who knows. But if you have birds keep it in mind. Better safe than sorry.

I just thought it might be important to pass along as a caution to any of you who might have a birdie friend, or two. I would think a lot of bird owners already know about the cookware, but it never occurred to them that their iron might also be teflon coated. Kind of makes one wonder how many times this kind of thing has happened and the connection never made.

carry on..

Very difficult to upload an AV over there.

To many pixels, not enough pixels, file is too small or too big.. C'mon you guys, loosen it up a little. ?:thumbs up:

I think the parameters are fairly generous, there just isn't any auto-sizing. Save your image as a .gif, that ought to help.

I think the parameters are fairly generous, there just isn't any auto-sizing. Save your image as a .gif, that ought to help.

Ok, cool. But I want to use one of your sheds for my AV. I prefer the one on the left because of its rustic wood look.

Auto-sizing is a good thing. That's why I'm so popular with the ladies:D

I tried to register at the new site, but it was unsuccessful. I think I may have been banned already.

it was the Spam folder when Audio Monster was struggling with registration.

Back