DAW Users With ADD

BTW it's one mic and my guitar direct. I get guitar bleed with mic and fill it out with the direct.

I guess that's what confused me. The reverb came up on the harp, but not the guitar. The DI explains it.

If only the Giants had even a mediocre offense, they could be a force. The D held two likely playoff teams to 7 and 6 points respectively over the past 2 weeks.

Let the games begin...

Not in stock, severely discounted, sound familiar?

Fender Passport Mini 7W 1x8 Battery Powered Acoustic Guitar Combo with Effects Black | Musician's Friend

I got if for $119 with $19 worth of reward points, so basically $100.

I have been eyeballing battery powered amps/PAs and have never wanted to spend the money on something I wouldn't use much or be better off with a real PA. This seems to get good reviews. Very portable and handy when you just need a bit of a volume boost over plain acoustic playing.

Let the games begin...

Not in stock, severely discounted, sound familiar?

Fender Passport Mini 7W 1x8 Battery Powered Acoustic Guitar Combo with Effects Black | Musician's Friend

I got if for $119 with $19 worth of reward points, so basically $100.

I have been eyeballing battery powered amps/PAs and have never wanted to spend the money on something I wouldn't use much or be better off with a real PA. This seems to get good reviews. Very portable and handy when you just need a bit of a volume boost over plain acoustic playing.

My experience has been that they will try and get you to take something else. And the delivery date will get further delayed. But if you hang in there, eventually you'll get it at that price. They can't stay out of stock forever.

Looks pretty cool. But I found the effects on some of those cheap amps to be a bit toy-like. Let me know how you like it.

Looks pretty cool. But I found the effects on some of those cheap amps to be a bit toy-like. Let me know how you like it.

It's $100, people spend more on one pedal than that so I'm not expecting much.

I'm not really interested in the effects, mostly just a small volume bump for a minimum amount of effort. Playing outside at a party or something like that. The only bummer would be if I need a mic and a stand, I'm going to investigate lavaliere mics. If I don't get a lavaliere I'm going to get an SM58.

Let the waiting begin........

I assume from this that you're not a fan of headsets? I've come to love them over the last 30 years of using them live. Would be hard to use with a harmonica though...:)

I guess that's what I meant, I have no experience with them. I would be willing to rig something up if it meant not bringing a stand.

Problem with good headsets is they usually run in the $400+ category. My current one was around $600... with the SM35, trans and receiver. But it's nice! Great mike, always right in front of my mouth, body pack is EASY to switch on and off and I've never found a lavaliere that sounded decent (yeah, I know, with my voice who really cares how good it sounds :eek:). They make an XLR version of the microphone for around $150, though...

Problem with good headsets is they usually run in the $400+ category. My current one was around $600... with the SM35, trans and receiver. But it's nice! Great mike, always right in front of my mouth, body pack is EASY to switch on and off and I've never found a lavaliere that sounded decent (yeah, I know, with my voice who really cares how good it sounds :eek:). They make an XLR version of the microphone for around $150, though...

I don't want a wireless go that would get down the price a bit and while I don't want a terrible mic, I don't need super quality as I will only be amplifying myself enough to add to my acoustic volume rather than providing all of the volume as a full blown PA would do.

I would HIGHLY recommend the SM35. Really good hyper cardioid with excellent rejection. I have never had this thing feed back, even when walking directly in front of the speakers.

A last minute light bulb went off and I thought it would be awesome to get my wife one of those Bose desktop type radios for her at-work office. Reasonably discreet, sounds good, and has a remote she could have on her desk to turn down or silence when someone enters her office. I was out already, so did a search on my phone and discovered no brick and mortar sells them. Bummer bummer bummer!

Would've been perfect. I can't even find something similar, of any brand/manufacturer.

Mick:
Sam's Club sells them (or did last year). There are also Bose Outlet stores (there's one about 30 miles from here...don't know where you are, but you might check.

Thanks, man.

I just checked Sam's, don't have it. There's an outlet store in Williamsburg, Va., but the day is going to be too busy to make that 75 mile away drive. There are probably more options than a straight radio, but it's probably a no-go to tap into the company secured net system. Also, sound is important, but discreet design and a remote for quick access to functions is a must. I guess radios are just too antiquated these days to find something adequate and readily available in short notice. I did check craigslist, but there's a bit of a drive involved and i'm not sure I would want to risk used (and abused?).

Last minute shoppers.:rolleyes::D

---------- Update ----------

Merry almost Christmas everybody!

Haha! Man, i've been busy. I've already pretty much completed shopping. It was kind of an afterthought, but a damn good one, I think. It would check the "toy" box on the list. Everybody loves toys for Christmas!

Merry Christmas, fellas!

Happy New Year
Almost.

Not a great year, I think it'll be some kind of benchmark years down the road looking back. I have no particular goals or events scheduled for 2017 at this point other than keeping on keeping on.

Bridge pins

Final score...

Best:Wood pins, to my ears the best.

Okay:Plastic not bad, not much different than wood.

Blecchh:Brass, hate, hate, hated them. Ill fitting and I was afraid of pushing them in to hard as I could ream the holes with them. They sounded the worst to my ears, but once again it's not all that much different. Look horrible.

Later!!!

About to embark on another round of bass string switch outs. I've dont this a few times over the years. Always come back to D'Addario half rounds, but I'm going to try a set of Dean Markley Blue Steel and see where that takes me. They feel like half way between what I'm used to and a round wound. Haven't installed them (as I'm still tracking for next year's release and this is NOT the time for a radical departure from "norm"...) As soon as I'm done (and I'm POSITIVE that I am) I'll put them on and see what's what with "Cryogenic Activated" steel. :rolleyes:

Back