Game of Thrones

I thought the half a season of true detective I watched was pretty excellent..but not compelling enough to watch it trough...the others Ive watched an episode or two, didnt think they were special. I watch the walking dead every season but like Lost, I dont care if I stop watching it

all personal taste but I think GoT is up there with Breaking Bad and the Sopranos...nothing in TV touches them

I thought the half a season of true detective I watched was pretty excellent..but not compelling enough to watch it trough...the others Ive watched an episode or two, didnt think they were special. I watch the walking dead every season but like Lost, I dont care if I stop watching it

all personal taste but I think GoT is up there with Breaking Bad and the Sopranos...nothing in TV touches them

While I liked Breaking Bad and The Sopranos (the latter less so), I don't think they're nearly as good The Wire, Fargo, True Detective, GoT. Horses for courses...

I think the series is great. Dunno what it will be like once they run out of Martin's material. As for 10 episodes per season, I imagine the production costs limit the number of episodes, and it is always a good thing leaving the viewer wanting more. Casting is great, T&A are great, the fate of Tywin Lannister is great. Great production values, great editing, great sets, and holds to the books well enough (so far). It's how I like my entertainment: epic with boobies.

First 6 episodes were a setup for the two last episodes which were AWESOME!

Agreed, agreed. I didn't like the Bastard Bowl quite as much as I thought I would because I feel like they made some weird plot decisions, but it was still really good. The finale was insane. Maybe the best episode yet of the entire series? This season was just really solid. The Hodor episode was amazing as well!

Agreed, agreed. I didn't like the Bastard Bowl quite as much as I thought I would because I feel like they made some weird plot decisions, but it was still really good. The finale was insane. Maybe the best episode yet of the entire series? This season was just really solid. The Hodor episode was amazing as well!

Agree. Elpisode 9 was ok, but 10 was awesome!!

Been waiting 6 seasons for Khalisi to launch that fleet for Westeros. What a setup for next season. Not to mention Cersei's revenge, and Arya's as well.

And what exactly did Jon Snow's mother whisper to Ned Stark??

(I feel like such a nerd.) :o :)

Agree. Elpisode 9 was ok, but 10 was awesome!!

Been waiting 6 seasons for Khalisi to launch that fleet for Westeros. What a setup for next season. Not to mention Cersei's revenge, and Arya's as well.

And what exactly did Jon Snow's mother whisper to Ned Stark??

(I feel like such a nerd.) :o :)

Besides "His name is..."? Idk. I'm assuming she said "Jon" but I didn't actually hear her. Haha it'd be sweet if his real name Rhaegar or something.

Yeah, she said "his name is *unintelligible*". And "please protect him". So no telling what his birth name was.

I do admit that I got some goosebumps seeing the fleet of ships sailing for Westeros bearing the sigils of houses Targaryen, Greyjoy, Martell, and Tyrell. Plus the Unsullied and all of the Dothraki. Man, we thought that Jon Snow put together a rag-tag band of misfits...

I thought that this season was awesome. Finally some surprises for the book readers! Hodor's origin story, the sept of Baelor explosion, confirmation of R + L = J, Ramsay Bolton's demise, Jon Snow's resurrection, Arya's (way way way overdue) ascention into full-on ninja assasin, Sansa reuniting with Jon, Bran taking the reins for the 3-eyed raven, the boy king taking a flying leap, Danerys finally conquering instead of governing, tits, dragons, more tits...it was a great season.

And not to mention the main character, the most beloved, the biggest star the show has produced: Samwell "The Slayer" Tarly. :D

The last episode was like the godfather...can believe there could be as little as 13 episodes to go before its all finished. I dont think the writing was as good this season, maybe its overtaken the books too much, but man what a couple of episodes to finish on.

I think it was deliberately unintelligible. I'm sure we'll find as things progress.

:confused:

Thinking about it more, I'm pretty sure they just made it impossible to hear so they could have that cool scene cut from baby Jon to man Jon and just blow people's minds with the awesomeness.

I've got to say that the season just finished was...for me...the best yet. Maybe going past the books was a good thing!

Anyhow, they're really starting to tie together all the disparate plots and people. I thought Eps 9 and 10 were classic--trouble is, now we have to wait until 2017 to see where it all goes next!

I'll make a small wager though that, despite ending on the ships and dragons, they'll tease us by NOT going straight back to that sub plot much at all in Episode 1 next year.

I've got to say that the season just finished was...for me...the best yet. Maybe going past the books was a good thing!

Anyhow, they're really starting to tie together all the disparate plots and people. I thought Eps 9 and 10 were classic--trouble is, now we have to wait until 2017 to see where it all goes next!

I'll make a small wager though that, despite ending on the ships and dragons, they'll tease us by NOT going straight back to that sub plot much at all in Episode 1 next year.

LOL yeah...Dany stops in Essos for 6 months trying to find a stylist that can finally make her eyebrow color match her hair color. Theon gets jailed by local rednecks for using the men's restroom (you ain't got the right parts, foreigner!), and Tyrion gets caught in limbo when he finds that his passport is expired. Then the mid season will be rounded out by a 2-episode staring contest between Yara and a Dothraki blood rider.

I haven't watched the final ep yet. I was unable to watch all the gore fest of battle in ep. 9 - I skipped a few minutes of the circle dance.

Yeah, the battle in Episode 9 was pretty full on. However, my wife and I both commented that if wars were still fought that way (instead drones and computer guided bombs) there might be a lot fewer of them.

Don't worry--the season finale is a lot easier to take. There's only a few characters dispatched to the great audition room in the sky...and they're all ones that deserve it.

Having not yet watched the two final episodes, I'd posit that the level of tits in S06 is way down on previous series. Interesting people's tits, anyway.

Back