The Guy from Pantera is a pretty big butthead, eh?

He's kind of been that way the whole time. He's an angry drug addict with money, surrounded by people who idolize him. What could possibly go wrong?

Darrell was actually a pretty nice guy...oh you mean Phil. Well, you know how vocalists are.

Indeed I do - 4 semesters of University chorale can do that to a guitarist. And while I generally don't like being in the room with singers, this one seems fairly worse than average!

At the end of a metal show he sieg heiled and yelled white power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhmLtkWd5AA

Typical of Anselmo. He has never been good at doing the right thing at the right time...

This is a blatant juvenile fuckup that may or may not be what he believes in. I really don't care what it was. The excuse he used was friggen stupid and seemingly a cop-out to me. Whatever.

The guy has issues as so many do in his type of life. But one has to deal with those demons themselves. This is hopefully a sign to him that he needs a break to get his shit together.

That being said he has always been like this. And he may have just been making a joke. The sad part is how many are offended by a washed up drug fueled former rock star making a possible statement that was more likely his distorted form of humor. I don't really give a shit what Phil says. I am pretty sure anyone that went to that show or gives a fuck enough to watch the video is already over 40 years old and has their base of values set. I don't see it being something that would affect our kids. If it did, then we fucked up as parents already.

Fuck you Phil! But I forgive you for being who you are/were. Hope you enjoy the rest of your life.

I see. And Pantera fired him immediately and issued a statement etc.?

Right?

Pantera was done as soon as the guitar player was murdered on stage. That was in 2004.

Phil has been trying to continue that bands legacy since. IMO, not very well musicly

Or otherwise...

The show where Phil did his shit was a 'tribute' show for the murdered guitar player. Of whom was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. I had that honor myself...

Pantera was done as soon as the guitar player was murdered on stage. That was in 2004.

Phil has been trying to continue that bands legacy since. IMO, not very well musicly

Or otherwise...

The show where Phil did his shit was a 'tribute' show for the murdered guitar player. Of whom was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. I had that honor myself...

Pantera was done before that. When he was murdered, he was in Damage Plan.

popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

Back