Scarlett 6i6 and Boss RC30

rafecomo

Hey I was just wondering if anyone could help me here with a set up problem I'm having. I have the Boss RC 30 and my intention is to record songs using this loop station and upload them to YouTube, however, I'mnot really sure how my set up should be, I intend to record and loop vocals, guitar and a keyboard at the same time, and I'm also gonna buy the audio interface from Focusrite, Scarlett 6i6, so should all 3 instruments be plugged into the interface inputs, and then plug the Boss RC30 to one of the outputs on the 6i6? Would it work? My idea is that the interface records to the PC everything that I do with the instruments and pedal, but I'm not really sure how to plug correctly all of them, I would really appreciate the help, Thanks.

It's not clear what you're trying to do.

Are you going to record the instruments into the computer (save them) and then output from the computer (through the Scarlet) to the looper? If so, then yes, instruments > Scarlett and Scarlett > Boss.

If you plan on recording the loops on the Boss, then sending those loops to the computer then it would be instruments > Boss, but then you really don't need the Scarlett because you can transfer loops from the Boss direct to your computer via USB.

I think OP wants to record the output of him playing with the looper. Therefore, you want instruments -> looper -> amp -> mic/lineout -> scarlett -> PC.

Or, you could go direct from the looper to the scarlett using the jack output, but your guitar tone will be dry (but I guess you're mixing keyboard and vox in, so maybe that's fine).

What I want it's not to record the loops form the Boss-Rc30 and then to the PC, cause then yes, I would only need to plug the RC-30 to the PC. But what I want is to record a whole song, while using the loop station, like the videos on YouTube when someone covers a song with instruments and the use of a loop pedal, and then all they play is recorded by an interface so they can have a recording of what they just played.

What I want it's not to record the loops form the Boss-Rc30 and then to the PC, cause then yes, I would only need to plug the RC-30 to the PC. But what I want is to record a whole song, while using the loop station, like the videos on YouTube when someone covers a song with instruments and the use of a loop pedal, and then all they play is recorded by an interface so they can have a recording of what they just played.

It's still not clear what you're trying to do. Please see all the possible ideas in the replies above.

Back