DAW Users With ADD

Go Badgers!

Well that sucked, but I guess for a team of actual students to get to the championship game is quite the accomplishment in itself.

Music

I gave a band dad a CD of my music and he gave me his, of course his was professional and mine was just a home burnt one. :o He stopped over before the game,I'll give it a listen today.

Staycation
It's going to be the art museum today, followed by lunch and shopping. Nothing says father/daughter bonding like spending money.:rolleyes:

Yesterday we took a quick trip through a mall, it's been a long time for me, I only hit hardware, music and book stores.

I always make a point of hitting Music-go-round, the resale store, but their prices are terrible. If I'm going to pay almost the new price, I'll just buy new.

The weather
Cool and rainy, it'll be great next week when I'm back to work.

LATER!!!

Well that sucked, but I guess for a team of actual students to get to the championship game is quite the accomplishment in itself.

LATER!!!
Errr... Hate to burst your bubble, but from the NY Times:

"In terms of academic contrasts, however, Ms. McCaskill has got her numbers wrong. All N.C.A.A. teams report the graduation rates of their student-athletes. By this measure, too, the Duke’s men basketball program is a national champion, as every student recruited to Coach Mike Krzyzewski’s program between 2004 and 2007 eventually graduated.

By contrast, over the same period fewer than half of Wisconsin’s men’s basketball players graduated."

Not sure what the current stats are, but Coach K runs a pretty good program. (The reason the data is only from 2007 is that they allow a player 6 years to graduate.)

Errr... Hate to burst your bubble, but from the NY Times:

"In terms of academic contrasts, however, Ms. McCaskill has got her numbers wrong. All N.C.A.A. teams report the graduation rates of their student-athletes. By this measure, too, the Duke’s men basketball program is a national champion, as every student recruited to Coach Mike Krzyzewski’s program between 2004 and 2007 eventually graduated.

By contrast, over the same period fewer than half of Wisconsin’s men’s basketball players graduated."

Not sure what the current stats are, but Coach K runs a pretty good program. (The reason the data is only from 2007 is that they allow a player 6 years to graduate.)

Don't worry, I would rather have a championship than a good graduation rate. My comment was born more out of bitterness than any actual concern for students, although the past doesn't really apply in this case as the story throughout the tourney was all about the one and dones.

Those basket weaving majors are helpful when you're in the NBA.

Vacation
I went the whole day with my daughter, hit a few music stores along the way and couldn't find one thing worth buying. The internet has really ruined it for me, it's not even worth going out looking.

The weather is horrible so today we may go to the museum. I'm trying to save a good day or two for working outside.

Eating out
Is getting almost as disappointing as gear shopping.

We have a short list of stand by restaurants but I've been having a heckuva time trying to add to it. Spanning all price ranges and styles is seems like every place we go to is "meh". I'm trying to find that place I want to go to again and would go out of my way for.

LATER!!!

Don't worry, I would rather have a championship than a good graduation rate. My comment was born more out of bitterness than any actual concern for students
Sure. It's like steroids. They should ban them. . . except for the guys on my teams. :D

I think I would probably like A-Rod a whole lot better if he was still juicing. I mean, what's bad with a little extra help if it leads to 50 HR and 125 RBI.

Of course, if he got traded he'd be a steroid abusing cheater. :mad:

I am the anti-Paul!
I totally suck at this vacation thing.

We had a crappy over priced meal last night and I was this close >< to just having fast food for a quarter of the price.
It's raining, again, so I don't want to work in the yard. My wife called and told me it was 85 and sunny in NO.:rolleyes:

One more orchestra trip next year and I'll be done, plus I wont take off for it next year.

Music
I got together with a band parent who is a drummer in his own band. He gave me a CD of a group he was in that was recorded in 1999 and it was pretty good. No standout virtuoso performances, but a lot of solidly performed and arranged songs.

He told me a band member had an eight track half inch tape deck, but all of their attempts to make record turned out bad, and that they ended up going into a studio and getting the album made.

Today
I think I'm going to play my guitar, and NO going out to eat.

LATER!!!

Supposedly our new keyboard player is coming tonight and bringing a bass player with him. Should be interesting, but either way I'll be enjoying a couple of glasses of scotch. :)

Supposedly our new keyboard player is coming tonight and bringing a bass player with him. Should be interesting, but either way I'll be enjoying a couple of glasses of scotch. :)

It's not the same getting drunk without the bass player.

Not sure if I showed you the new grandson. Here he is bonding with grandpa. You can tell he's having a blast. :)

View attachment 92545

I think you may be overmatched, at least now you have someone to watch sports with. Did he get his first Cowboys jersey yet?

Vacation

The wife and son are back from the big easy, but I'm sure none of the bands they heard could be compared to what I heard coming from the six children of the two mothers who were visiting Guitar Daycare Center.

The next two days I will probably work in the yard. Weather allowing we may build a fire, which requires consumption of alcohol.:drunk:

LATER!!!

I was right on one account, and wrong on one account.

There was no bass player. :(. There was scotch. :)

You mean your future President? :D

If my choice in '16 is between Christie and Clinton I'm moving to Mexico.

Must be nice
We have a new neighbor. She's going to Marquette to become a lawyer and her mom bought her the house. I'm guessing she'll be moving shortly after graduation.:rolleyes:

We could've done a lot worse, I think I'll buy her some suntan lotion and a reclining lawn chair as a house warming present.

LATER!!!

If my choice in '16 is between Christie and Clinton I'm moving to Mexico.

Must be nice
We have a new neighbor. She's going to Marquette to become a lawyer and her mom bought her the house. I'm guessing she'll be moving shortly after graduation.:rolleyes:

We could've done a lot worse, I think I'll buy her some suntan lotion and a reclining lawn chair as a house warming present.

LATER!!!
Get her one of these. Very convenient.

image.jpg

Back