Kanye West....

We'll we had this talentless loser inflicted on us at the Brit Awards last night, and someone seriously needs a kick for booking him. I started to watch and heard the N word. From then on, big chunks of the performance were silent, with a big muted sign top right, then it came back for a few seconds and then off again. The people in the audience, including Lionel Richie looked a bit surprised at what they were hearing. The viewers at home had it wrecked by the on off sound. The man appears to have an ego the size of the planet and didn't deserve the air time he got. I hate rap, but even those who like it can't enjoy it if somebody has to keep pressing the panic button. If it's not suitable for all viewers, why even have it on. It was also total rubbish. A huge huddle of identically dressed guys doing some kind of rugby scrum (a bit like us football, but without the padding) with loads of attitude is just not viewer friendly.

I can't bring myself do watch things like that anymore. The Brits used to be good and Britain used to produce some good bands/music. Sadly, that is no longer the case.

As for Kanye West. I've never heard a single word from his lips and never intend to. I just know it will be utter dog shit verbal

:thumbs up:

I've always thought he has mental disorders. Depression, maybe even bi-polar. He always publicly runs very hot or very cold. It could all be an act, but if it is he's acting like someone that has severe psychological problems. The only fix for him would be euthanasia.

I can't bring myself do watch things like that anymore. The Brits used to be good and Britain used to produce some good bands/music. Sadly, that is no longer the case.

As for Kanye West. I've never heard a single word from his lips and never intend to. I just know it will be utter dog shit verbal

:thumbs up:

didnt ant and dec host the brits this year?

load of shit

---------- Update ----------

Rich Hall has sat on my knee while I read him a poem...tru story

Euthanasia: sounds great, send the kids there and we'll have a barbeque. Wait, I believe that means the youth are going to make us old timers the barbeque. Sort of the opposite of Jonathan Swifts' Modest Proposal.

Lol @ "creative artists".

"Beyonce’s latest album released in December 2013 featured over 20 separate songwriting credits spread out over its 14 tracks. Given that it was far from a solo effort from the singer, it’s that much more ironic that it’s simply titled Beyonce, when really it would be more accurate to call it “Beyonce, featuring 20+ other talented songwriters who made her look really good.” She’s without a doubt a talented singer and performer, but to challenge the artistic integrity of Beck, a man who plays 12 instruments and was the sole writer/composer on his award-winning album, demonstrates a stunning lack of awareness.

Look back at the career path of Kanye, and you see a similar trend developing. Both College Dropout and Late Registration featured no more than 3-4 writers each. His newest LP, Yeezus? A whopping 67 separate songwriting credits. One could argue that the end result is still largely a result of West’s talents and ability, but when you see individual tracks that feature over 10 separate writers, it’s easy to see that he’s very much bought into the music factory mentality of the pop industry.

In his tirade on E! following the Grammys, West noted that the mainstream is well in the process of “diminishing art and not respecting the craft,” something that seems odd coming from someone whose “craft” currently consists of writing merely a fraction of his own albums. Now, more than ever, the distinction between “performer” and “musician” has been blurred to the point where all you have to do to make it big is have someone else produce a hit track with your name on it. Thankfully though, the award for Best Album remains safely in Beck’s hands, despite Kanye West’s best efforts to wrench it free. In an industry that lauds artists like West as genius songwriters while other’s do the work, it’s refreshing to see the award in the hands of someone actually composing their own music."

Kanye West at the Grammys Is What’s Wrong With Pop Music

+1 . When I see some relatively unknown writer sharing credit, you can bet they brought the hook to the table and that the Kanye or Beyonce is doing a Colonel Tom Parker.

Has anyone mentioned what an utterly mediocre singer Beyonce is in the first place? Her marketability is mostly predicated on her being photogenic. There's an ocean of better singers.

Here's one of them, doing a Beyonce song in a way Beyonce could only dream of. Note that Lisa's voice is front and center, unlike Beyonce's version where she's buried in production.

didnt ant and dec host the brits this year?

load of shit

---------- Update ----------

Rich Hall has sat on my knee while I read him a poem...tru story

No idea on the Ant & Dec thing. Our TV is more of an ornament.

:laughings: @ Rich Hall. He's awesome. Saw him live in his last tour. Will definitely be going to see him again.

yup, he's a funny dude...I saw him at the Edinburgh festival 1990 I think...lobster boy was very funny. I always get picked on at comedy shows...I ought not to wear Hawaiian shirts in the front row with a big sign saying pick me above my head :D

She's obviously a great singer but sometimes that vibrato sounded like a goat. 1:21 = baaaaaaaaah
Actually, while on this song she does use a stylized vibrato in places, the spot you're talking about isn't vibrato, it's a controlled run of triplet notes. The notes are precise and clear - I could transcribe them.

The agility/athleticism of this performance is one of the things I find impressive about it. Beyonce isn't a bad singer, but she doesn't have the gift that Lisa does.

Actually, while on this song she does use a stylized vibrato in places, the spot you're talking about isn't vibrato, it's a controlled run of triplet notes. The notes are precise and clear - I could transcribe them.

The agility/athleticism of this performance is one of the things I find impressive about it. Beyonce isn't a bad singer, but she doesn't have the gift that Lisa does.
Well, that's technically impressive then. Still goats :guitar:
I think she's over doing it. There is so much "personal emphasis" going on. It's like every single note got special treatment, making them all equally unspecial.

Beyonce has a very good voice....I just think she's stuck in that overdone R&B/Pop mode where her voice isn't coming through in any singular way, instead she's in a pool of singers who all sing that style, that way...and she's just the flavor of the month.

When I heard here singing in the movie "Cadillac Records"...I saw that there was a lot more to her voice than what the current R&B/Pop vehicle provides, which is more focused on dance/performance/image & singing...instead of purely singing, like she did in that movie.
And of course...the money from her current fanbase is never going to let her do anything else BUT the R&B/Pop shit.
Same footsteps as Carey, Aguilera...only those two had/have better voices for the R&B/Pop shit.

Back