Kanye West....

I'll give rappers a shot. .45 ACP to the face. Gangsta!

I'm not really a gun guy, I just felt like typing that.

texas%20wigger.jpg

There is a thin line between this place and the Cave. I think we've almost crossed it.

Nah dude, there's a huge grand canyon between this place and the cave. This area is generally pretty docile and people get along. The cave is full of ignorant losers that don't record or play music so they argue endlessly about things they don't actually understand.

I lol'd when you sent me that reputation comment a few months ago. "The Cave is nothing but shitty people. Stay away from there." :D

I try to steer reasonable, seemingly intelligent new members away from that shithole of shitty people. There's nothing in there for a well adjusted, socially healthy human that has sex regularly and doesn't share his dinner with cats.

Where you got it wrong is that you're drawing the line at kanye. White bros got into rap a good 25 years ago. Even before that. And there was a lot of non-violent rap before the late 80s/early 90s when it went all gangsta's paradise. Kanye didn't convert white people. They were buying Snoop, Dre, Cypress Hill, Wu Tang, all that shit way before kanye was even out of diapers.

you know who really captured the white guy's heart? Eminem. He got the leftovers converted.

Aerosmith - Walk this way... :eek:

This will make you feel slightly better.

Since the event. Beck's sales have sored over 1000 percent.

I've never listened to Beyoncé but it sounds like her album was very big and influential in some way that I don't understand....

:D

She has a good voice, but her music is just the same rehashed R&B/Pop....and no more "art" then the stuff put out by a dozen or two similar singers. She just happens to be "on top" at the moment AFA hype & sales.

On the Hip Hop/Rap scene....c'mon now, has anyone really cut any new ground in the last 10-15 years...???
All you get is Hip Hop/Rap getting infused into a lot of other music, and I think that has a lot to do with other music needing that infusion purely because Hip-Hop/Rap is still a major market.
I mean....you toss some of that flavor into your Country fried Pop/Rock...or you Indie/Alt stuff...and right away you too are "hip". :facepalm:

I also agree that white teens and twenty somethings are hooked on Hip-Hop/Rap same as when Soul and Motown was on top and all the white dudes were trying to groove to it like the black guys. I mean, it's OK...music is music, but it's like plain Rock/Country/Pop isn't good enough anymore.
The only problem is, Hip-Hop/Rap is now so MOR/mainstream, that it's becoming rather boring as a whole, IMO...like how many more ways can you change the beat and call it something else.... :p...but it will take awhile for that train to come to a grind.

Lol @ "creative artists".

"Beyonce’s latest album released in December 2013 featured over 20 separate songwriting credits spread out over its 14 tracks. Given that it was far from a solo effort from the singer, it’s that much more ironic that it’s simply titled Beyonce, when really it would be more accurate to call it “Beyonce, featuring 20+ other talented songwriters who made her look really good.” She’s without a doubt a talented singer and performer, but to challenge the artistic integrity of Beck, a man who plays 12 instruments and was the sole writer/composer on his award-winning album, demonstrates a stunning lack of awareness.

Look back at the career path of Kanye, and you see a similar trend developing. Both College Dropout and Late Registration featured no more than 3-4 writers each. His newest LP, Yeezus? A whopping 67 separate songwriting credits. One could argue that the end result is still largely a result of West’s talents and ability, but when you see individual tracks that feature over 10 separate writers, it’s easy to see that he’s very much bought into the music factory mentality of the pop industry.

In his tirade on E! following the Grammys, West noted that the mainstream is well in the process of “diminishing art and not respecting the craft,” something that seems odd coming from someone whose “craft” currently consists of writing merely a fraction of his own albums. Now, more than ever, the distinction between “performer” and “musician” has been blurred to the point where all you have to do to make it big is have someone else produce a hit track with your name on it. Thankfully though, the award for Best Album remains safely in Beck’s hands, despite Kanye West’s best efforts to wrench it free. In an industry that lauds artists like West as genius songwriters while other’s do the work, it’s refreshing to see the award in the hands of someone actually composing their own music."

Kanye West at the Grammys Is What’s Wrong With Pop Music

All good points. Not sure any of that is taken into consideration for a best album award though? Maybe it is, and maybe that's partly why beck won?

I love Beck, he's one of my favorites. I just don't think this album of his is all that great.

He actually said he agreed with Kanye after the fact. He said he was just so excited to have him up on stage and he loves him. :)

You know what's funny? Maybe funny, funny to me. But anyway, that song introduced me to Aerosmith, not Run DMC. I think I was like 13 maybe? I was deep into punk rock and had no idea who Aerosmith was.

yeah, toys in the attic came out in 1975, and I was in 9th grade.

All good points. Not sure any of that is taken into consideration for a best album award though? Maybe it is, and maybe that's partly why beck won?

I love Beck, he's one of my favorites. I just don't think this album of his is all that great.

He actually said he agreed with Kanye after the fact. He said he was just so excited to have him up on stage and he loves him. :)

Don't know that much about the grammys. with the Oscars it seems they are not the Peoples Choice awards, but booby prizes for generally good work, but didnt' make much boxoffice money. Which is why Birdman will probably win. (I haven't seen it). It has a good actor in it, who hasn't made a hit since like the 1980s, it failed at the boxoffice except now people are seeing because of the nomination, its got great critical reviews, etc.

You know what's funny? Maybe funny, funny to me. But anyway, that song introduced me to Aerosmith, not Run DMC. I think I was like 13 maybe? I was deep into punk rock and had no idea who Aerosmith was.

Wow dude, you'd never listened to Aerosmith until they did that with Run-DMC??? I'd been listening to 'em for at least 5 years...I know I'm not that much older than you, I'm 44....But, my first concert was the original AC-DC in September of 1979, in Johnson City, TN, at the age of 8...:D. My sister took me to see 'em, & the rest is history for me as far as music...lol...I was corrupted at a very young age......

I liked the "Kanye Twitty" pic so much, I downloaded it, & will most likely use it as an avatar...:laughings:.

My take on Kanye West, fuck Kanye West...

Back