The "CHALLENGE" thread.

Bubba po

Tiny Stonehenge Moment
In which the MP3 Mixing Clinic forum users challenge each other to produce worthy versions of existing tracks.

The idea is to challenge/inspire people to either trash, pay homage to with their own version, or slavishly recreate existing classic recordings.

Hopefully, we will introduce people to new genres that they never knew existed and widen their horizons.

I issue the first challenge -

NotThatBright - I challenge you to produce a version of "Shot By Both Sides" by British band Magazine.

Go to it. :)

I hereby declare that I'm not up for any challenge. I don't play any melodic instrument & can barely remember the last song I wrote.

In which the MP3 Mixing Clinic forum users challenge each other to produce worthy versions of existing tracks.

The idea is to challenge/inspire people to either trash, pay homage to with their own version, or slavishly recreate existing classic recordings.

Hopefully, we will introduce people to new genres that they never knew existed and widen their horizons.

I issue the first challenge -

NotThatBright - I challenge you to produce a version of "Shot By Both Sides" by British band Magazine.

Go to it. :)

Christ, you're determined to make me learn something, aren't you? :) I'm going to go out on a limb and assume "Magazine" isn't the type of three-chord garbage I usually rock out to.

Fair enough, I'll accept your challenge, because you are a swell guy.

dog in door said:
Actually sounds like something he'd do.

Now that makes me nervous.

Greg said:
I challenge Bubba Po to do Motorhead's "Iron Fist".

Now why couldn't I get this one? I have covering Motorhead songs down to an art form. It's like the art that rednecks do, such as making "people" sculptures out of cars' exhaust systems.

No making the kid play the drums, either! Let's see what you got, limey! :)

rayc said:
I hereby declare that I'm not up for any challenge. I don't play any melodic instrument & can barely remember the last song I wrote.

"Melodic" is in the player, not the instrument. I play guitar, but ain't a whole lot of melody coming out of it.

You can always do one of the songs I wrote. How averse are you to winding up on an FBI list?

I can do it in MIDI I guess.
Just copy paste an entire Guitar Pro session into Pro Tools.

Modern music production, everybody!

edit: can't find a Guitar Pro file

That's all, folks.

"Melodic" is in the player, not the instrument. I play guitar, but ain't a whole lot of melody coming out of it.

You can always do one of the songs I wrote. How averse are you to winding up on an FBI list?
I've had the Australian equiv since 1978 when I attended a protest movie viewing of an anti nuke film, (I think it was called The Morning After or similar - made by the BBC to essay the actual aftermath of a bomb on London. It was quite accurate & so distressing that the UK & Aust Govts canned it as they wanted nukes without opposition - it's available on DVD & Pbay these days), that had been banned by the Federal Govt. We signed in so that ASIO wouldn't have to work too hard to get our details. When I was elected to the executive of our state union I think they upgraded me a little. ASIO weren't & still aren't very clever: they built new premises in the nation's capitol - contracted a Chinese firm to do the work and now haven't moved in because the place, obviously, is bugged every which way.

I'm not allowed to even hum in my house. My wife says I'm so cloth eared I annoy the bees.

I can do it in MIDI I guess.
Just copy paste an entire Guitar Pro session into Pro Tools.

Modern music production, everybody!

edit: can't find a Guitar Pro file

That's all, folks.

What country are you from? I want to know what country QUITTERS come from. I can tell you're not American. We see through everything to the bitter end, no matter how stupid the thing is we're doing. But we don't quit!

Schwarzenegger wouldn't quit.

Back