Judy is a Punk! - Classic Ramones cover just for fun

:D

Johnny's standing tall double finger with tucked thumbs = win. That's a proper middle finger.

tumblr_m9tyba50j51qdptr8o1_500.jpg

Hah! I'm sure it was Johnny that cold cocked that frat boy.

BTW, saw Shonen Knife not to long ago, I think I might have mentioned this in another thread, but for an encore, they changed out of the Japanese girlpop outfits (which is too cool in and of itself) for leather jackets and jeans and did about a dozen Ramones covers, (you know about 10 minutes worth :-) ) and I think they had a poster or something calling themselves the Osaka Ramones. They really did justice to the band.

Hah! I'm sure it was Johnny that cold cocked that frat boy.

BTW, saw Shonen Knife not to long ago, I think I might have mentioned this in another thread, but for an encore, they changed out of the Japanese girlpop outfits (which is too cool in and of itself) for leather jackets and jeans and did about a dozen Ramones covers, (you know about 10 minutes worth :-) ) and I think they had a poster or something calling themselves the Osaka Ramones. They really did justice to the band.

Yeah Osaka Ramones is their tribute band. Pretty funny stuff.

Man that was a great cover of "White Riot". Great song choice, and your guitar playing is pretty spot on. Very well done. Yall are a good band! Good originals too. If you guys put an album together, let me know.

Thanks very much, Greg. We try very hard to do proper justice to the songs we play. I try to play as close to the originals as I can. It's the main thing I bring to the band - no compromise on the quality of the music. :D I'm really pleased with your comments about the originals, too. I didn't write either of those songs but had free rein on my contribution on lead guitar.

We like dressing up, too. :facepalm::thumbs up:

Bubba Po. Your band is awesome. How did you convince Johny Rotten to play bass for you? No, but seriously, really good stuff. Between you and Greg, you guys are starting to get me to like punk....about 30 years too late. :D

LOL Rami- thanks so much. We're getting a decent reputation locally for the authenticity of our sound and show. We're playing support to the UK subs next month (famous British 2nd-wave punk band). If only we could tour the US!

Hey - Ho, I just wanna thank everyone for checking this out and the repeated listens and feedback.

I think this one came out pretty good, so I'm gonna do the whole fucking album! :eek: :listeningmusic:

Got started today. If anyone is still following along, here's a raw, just tracked, unfinished blast through "Blitzkrieg Bop". No vocals yet.

Blitzkrieg Bop raw test

Tried to listen to this, Greg, but dropbox isn't playing out here, for some reason. Will listen later!

Sounds cool!
Blitzkrieg Bop too.
I really like this (almost?) unprocessed sound.
I like the sound of Blitzkrieg Bop the most. :E Raw.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to hearing this project, Greg :D A friend of mine has just completed a similar project, Bowie's "Aladdin Sane". All the great and the good of local musicians and singers are guesting on it. Sounds pretty damn good. No real drumming on it, but the programming is ok.

I'm really looking forward to hearing this project, Greg :D A friend of mine has just completed a similar project, Bowie's "Aladdin Sane". All the great and the good of local musicians and singers are guesting on it. Sounds pretty damn good. No real drumming on it, but the programming is ok.

That's a cool album to do. Way above my pay grade. I do love that early Bowie stuff though.

Lol. Update - Tracked "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" today. :laughings:

If you record this one wearing glasses, slide them down so you sound like a cross between someone with a cold and someone wearing glasses slid down their nose. It honors the singer, too.

If you record this one wearing glasses, slide them down so you sound like a cross between someone with a cold and someone wearing glasses slid down their nose. It honors the singer, too.

Lol. I don't think so. I really don't wanna try to sound like Joey. That would just be bad.

With the recent death of Tommy Ramone, all four of the original Ramones are now gone. Even though they've been retired for almost 20 years, it bums me out. It's totally official now - no more Ramones. But they left me a giant pile of awesome music to listen to and I never get tired of it. So the family is out of town and I had some time to kill today so I banged this out this afternoon. According to Tommy himself, this was the very first Ramones song. I tried to do it like their album version - minimal!

Judy is a Punk

Judy is a Punk mix #2

Judy is a Punk mix #3 - new guitar track, added claps

Judy is a Punk - Modern style mix
Please let me know what you think about this weird mix.

Thanks,
Greg

Listened weird mix. Liked it.

I think you should change the delivery of the third word, in the first verse, of the second version....on a Tuesday, with Colonel Mustard, in the lounge, wielding a candlestick, under the chandelier. :eek:

Last edited:
I think you should change the delivery of the third word, in the first verse, of the second version....on a Tuesday, with Colonel Mustard, in the lounge, wielding a candlestick, under the chandelier. :eek:

Good ear. I agree, but I'm thinking I might do it on a wednesday. ;)

B Bop is cool.
I look forward to the vox.
I listened to Budgie's Never Turn Your Back On A Friend album last night and the stereo image is rather odd in head phones - sounds superb in a room & Breadfan simply burns. Snare is at about 1.30, bass & kick up the middle, toms where ever they fit for a given song, vocals often hard panned, guitars wander all over the place. Still sounds excellent.
U was watching/listening to a very ealr Ramones CBGBs gig. Wo, deeDee playing a danelectro short scale bass with his fingers didn't really work & Tommy, he wasn't a very happy chappy! Cool stuff though.

Back