Judy is a Punk! - Classic Ramones cover just for fun

HAHAHAHA holy crap man... I love it.. Honestly though on crappy headphones it does sound similar.. So I wasn't that far off. Good stuff dude, good stuff

Awesome, thanks.

The only difference between mix #1 and #2 is fuller bass gtr on mix #2. Same guitar track.

Got all that? :D

As a matter of fact I did. That's why I put the slash in when I referred to mix #1/2. I'm genuis. :)

That wouldn't surprise me. Joey seemed to like a little bit of everything. Except for Johnny, who didn't like much of anything, none of them were the punk rock snobs that their music and reputation might lead one to believe. Hell, even Dee Dee tried to make a solo rap record later on, and the results were fucking hilarious. They didn't set out to be "godfathers of punk". They just wanted to play rock and roll the way they thought it should be done. They weren't an accident, they were deliberate, but none of them had any idea that what they were doing would become a major landmark on the timeline of rock and roll.

Yeah I always read stuff about how Joey was into girl groups and 60s pop. Didn't know about Dee Dee King the Funky Man, though. That's pretty funny. So was the related clip I watched of Metallica reacting to Dee Dee's death. Have you seen that? It's incredibly uncomfortable, like most of Some Kind of Monster.

Yeah I always read stuff about how Joey was into girl groups and 60s pop. Didn't know about Dee Dee King the Funky Man, though. That's pretty funny. So was the related clip I watched of Metallica reacting to Dee Dee's death. Have you seen that? It's incredibly uncomfortable, like most of Some Kind of Monster.

Dee Dee's "rap" album "Standing in the Spotlight" actually has some pretty good rock songs on it. They could be Ramones songs. Hell, one of them became a Ramones song on their last album. The actual rap songs though are hilariously bad though. Like real bad, so bad they're awesome.

I've seen the Metallica thing. They're dumb. Clueless egomaniacs. Kirk Hammet is the only one that seems remotely likable, and he was actually good friends with Johnny Ramone. Johnny was pretty guarded and didn't like anyone, so if you got to be friends with him, you must be okay on some level.

Cool dude, thanks a lot for checking it out. How you been anyway?

Yeah, no problem. I've been doing ok, thanks - having a lot of fun with my punk covers band - it's a blast. I haven't been doing much recording though, owing to a complete lack of inspiration! :D

I'm hobbling about a bit at the moment, though - just had a hernia op last week, so a bit tender. That'll teach me to lift the PA rack into the van on my own, I guess!

Listening to your Ramones track again, I'm happy to report that you appear to have absolutely nailed Johnny's sound, now. How have you done it? I've not been reading the recording forums for about a year! Have you bought a plexi or something? Very, very cool. :D

Yeah, no problem. I've been doing ok, thanks - having a lot of fun with my punk covers band - it's a blast. I haven't been doing much recording though, owing to a complete lack of inspiration! :D

I'm hobbling about a bit at the moment, though - just had a hernia op last week, so a bit tender. That'll teach me to lift the PA rack into the van on my own, I guess!

Listening to your Ramones track again, I'm happy to report that you appear to have absolutely nailed Johnny's sound, now. How have you done it? I've not been reading the recording forums for about a year! Have you bought a plexi or something? Very, very cool. :D

Hah, cool. I did buy a Plexi...and other Marshalls....and a Mosrite clone. I'll PM you some pics. It's ridiculous. The gear is important, but the "Johnny sound" really is more about how you play it.

So you have a punk covers band huh? I'm generally not a fan of typical cover bands, but that sounds like good fun. I guess covers are great if you're playing good music. You got any recordings of your band? I'd love to hear it!

One of my bands is about to do a covers EP focused mainly on the NYC punk movement. A student at a recording school approached us to record in their studio for one of his projects. Sure, free recording in a professional environment, why not?

Man that was a great cover of "White Riot". Great song choice, and your guitar playing is pretty spot on. Very well done. Yall are a good band! Good originals too. If you guys put an album together, let me know.

Hey - Ho, I just wanna thank everyone for checking this out and the repeated listens and feedback.

I think this one came out pretty good, so I'm gonna do the whole fucking album! :eek: :listeningmusic:

Got started today. If anyone is still following along, here's a raw, just tracked, unfinished blast through "Blitzkrieg Bop". No vocals yet.

Blitzkrieg Bop raw test

:thumbs up: Sounding good.

I've been drumming along to this album a lot over the last few weeks. Looking forward to hearing your progress with it. :D

Awesome, man. I love every version for a different reason. Everything sounds like it should. Your drums have sounded so-called "better", but in the context of what this song needs, they sound perfect for this. Really good stuff, and a great tune to begin with.

Bubba Po. Your band is awesome. How did you convince Johny Rotten to play bass for you? No, but seriously, really good stuff. Between you and Greg, you guys are starting to get me to like punk....about 30 years too late. :D

I think this one came out pretty good, so I'm gonna do the whole fucking album! :eek: :listeningmusic:

I'd be inclined to buy that album. Not that I'm really into punk anymore, but more for the effort you would put into it to make it awesome.

Kick ass. I'm just a bit partial to 3, but still all f'ing awesome

I saw the Ramones at UW. There was a bunch of frat boys straight out of central casting in the audience trying to bait the band and the crowd. Well one of them succeeded. After about four or five songs you know 10 minutes or so, I'm not sure anymore who it was (Johnny maybe??) jumped off the stage and cold cocked this one frat boy. And then the band just bailed. It was simultaneously disappointing and awesome.

:thumbs up: Sounding good.

I've been drumming along to this album a lot over the last few weeks. Looking forward to hearing your progress with it. :D
Cool thanks. I tell up-and-coming drummers all the time to play Ramones or AC/DC songs. They're technically easy, but you'll develop really good meter and stamina playing along to this stuff.

Awesome, man. I love every version for a different reason. Everything sounds like it should. Your drums have sounded so-called "better", but in the context of what this song needs, they sound perfect for this. Really good stuff, and a great tune to begin with.
Thanks Rami. Funny about the drums....I set em up as a 4 piece, threw old heads on, and tuned them very flat to record these songs, then did pretty much nothing to them in the mix. I tried to get that dead-ish flat kind of 70s garage sound. It was tough to resist trying to make them sound better.

You make me fucking sick.
Good. That's what I'm here for.

I'd be inclined to buy that album. Not that I'm really into punk anymore, but more for the effort you would put into it to make it awesome.
Well thanks a lot, but I'll just give it to you for free dude. It'll be free for anyone that wants it.

Kick ass. I'm just a bit partial to 3, but still all f'ing awesome

I saw the Ramones at UW. There was a bunch of frat boys straight out of central casting in the audience trying to bait the band and the crowd. Well one of them succeeded. After about four or five songs you know 10 minutes or so, I'm not sure anymore who it was (Johnny maybe??) jumped off the stage and cold cocked this one frat boy. And then the band just bailed. It was simultaneously disappointing and awesome.

Thanks dude. I like 3 the best myself.

That's a good story. Must have been early days huh? If so, I'm jealous. I got to see them 6 times, but it was all 1989 and later. I'd give a nut to go back in time and see an early Ramones show.

Here's an awesome pic from an early Ramones show, getting boo'd and having shit thrown at them while opening for Blue Oyster Cult or Sabbath or some stupid shit like that. The Ramones were no one's opening act. They just were what they were. They didn't translate to anyone else's audience. Fuck those ignorant hippies. :D

Johnny's standing tall double finger with tucked thumbs = win. That's a proper middle finger.

tumblr_m9tyba50j51qdptr8o1_500.jpg

Back