help: newbie needs settings for zoom h4n

Hey Dave, if RTFM means "read the effin manual", then KMA. I already have been reading the manual and I am still having trouble. Why waste your time with something so unproductive as that comment. Do you feel better for belittling someone not as smart as you? I explained my situation, if you don't want to help, you don't have to disrespect newbies like me.

But you din't TELL us you were reading the manual! We are not physic you know? Who is wasting who's time there?

Anyhoos...I, and many others here give of their time freely and unstintingly and it is MY time to waste!

You are not that much of a noob if you have been asked to record a wedding? Not a trembling female or a shy, spotty yoof? My comment was intended as part advice and part fun, something you will get thrown at you at almost any forum (and no, there ARE none better than HR! How very dare you????)

So, lighten up, strap on a pair and gitover my (YES! I admit "TERSE"!!!) reply.

Dave.

My comment was intended as part advice and part fun,......So, lighten up,

More irony........Did you copy that from one of my responses to one of your whiny rants? It's almost word for word what I've said to you. A little salt with you shoe? :)

Last edited:
A little salt with you shoe? :)

:laughings: I love that phrase. It's great.

I also like this one.....I only open my mouth to change feet!

:thumbs up:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If I was the OP I'd read the manual, then read it again. Watch as many video's and read as many tutorials before renting/purchasing the said equipment.

I've done this in the past with almost everything I have purchased and never had to ask a question. Research always pays off in the end.

:laughings: I love that phrase. It's great.

I also like this one.....I only open my mouth to change feet!

:thumbs up:
Hehe....:D

Just having fun. None of this really matters in the grand scheme of things, but I can't help but point out comedy and it's cousin irony, along with their uncle stupidity, when I see it. :)

Last edited:
More irony........Did you copy that from one of my responses to one of your whiny rants? It's almost word for word what I've said to you, Mr. Hypocrite. A little salt with you shoe? :)

Hook, line and sinker!

Dave.

Nice try, Mr. Backtrack. :)

Thanx for starting my day with a laugh. I'll just let you keep talking. You certainly don't need my help. :D

Last edited:
You have nothing to apologize for. The ironic thing is that the 2 people that are giving you the hardest time are the two biggest whiners about how we should supposedly treat Newbies. What's even funnier is that I don't think that one of them (Mike) is aware that the other one (Dave) attacked him in another thread for the same reason a few days ago. So, basically, this is one of the most ironic, hypocritical, and redeeming threads for me in along time. You couldn't wipe this grin off my face with a blow torch. :D <<<<Yes that one right there.

Do you even read the threads before replying?
WHERE did I give the OP a hard time? I pointed out the manual location in my first reply. In my second, I explained that the OP hadn't told us much, so we were giving some basic responses.
Dave (ECC83) didn't "attack" me before, he made a comment about 'terse' answers. Your replies, on the other hand, are very much attacks.

get a grip, Rami - not sure what/why you have it in for Dave and me, but you should take your own advice and stay away from the Newbies section of the forum.

EDIT:

Meh...My post was too long. Even I wouldn't have read it. It was a great post, too, but too long. :)

Basically, you're in major denial. If you can't see the hypocrisy of someone trying to play Policeman 99% of the time, and then telling a NEWB to "RTFM", then no explanation will ever help you. If I had said that to a NEWB, you KNOW you would have attacked me for it. You've both attacked me on numerous occasions for much less. In the last "terse" thread, I was helpful to the OP and STILL got attacked for it. You know it, I know it. So KMA. :)

Last edited:
The only bit of advice here worth anything is the part about zooming in on the bride's cleavage....and that this will be good practice for the divorce video.

The only bit of advice here worth anything is the part about zooming in on the bride's cleavage....and that this will be good practice for the divorce video.
Leave it to cleavage. Great show. :)

And this is the first post I read this morning.
:laughings:

Thanks RamiDude :thumbs up:
There's a lot of comedy in this thread. Mine just happened to be the only intentional comedy. There's another clown act lurking here, but they don't realize how much of a joke they really are. :D

Last edited:
There's a lot of comedy in this thread. Mine just happened to be the only intentional comedy. There's another clown act lurking here, but they don't realize how much of a joke they really are. :D

This from the person who gives a reputation comment "spineless little coward'. Such a clown. clown.jpg

This from the person who gives a reputation comment "spineless little coward'.
That's right, I did. I calls 'em as I sees 'em. Clown. :D

(By the way, posting a picture of your mother isn't going to hurt MY feelings) :laughings:

Last edited:

Hey, I posted a Kumbaya video just a few days ago for a couple of other people, can't even remember who or where. I'm having a great day.

A couple of other clowns are trying to defend the un-defendable and it's ruining THEIR day. I'm a happy clown. :D

.....to be honest, I lost interest a while ago. Now, I'm just responding whenever I get a notification. I feel no hostility, I'm just amusing myself. :)

Last edited:
Hey, I posted a Kumbaya video just a few days ago for a couple of other people, can't even remember who or where. I'm having a great day.

A couple of other clowns are trying to defend the un-defendable and it's ruining THEIR day. Guilt does that. Not my problem. I'm a happy clown. :D

.....to be honest, I lost interest a while ago. Now, I'm just responding whenever I get a notification. I feel no hostility, I'm just amusing myself. :)

LOL, I am scared of clowns and spiders, but I like baby seals....:wtf:

Back