Honest Opinion on a Mix that was paid for (will give my opinion for yours)

My two cents, my sub-woofer was thumpin'. From what I know of this genre, it sounded good. Pro-Sound, that I couldn't say, but others on here can provide better input on that part. But everything sounded like it was on. I would have thought the vocals would have been more upfront, but that really is more subjective than right/wrong.

I didn't hear anything blatantly wrong.

Last edited:
Sounds very good. The vocals are a little up in the mix for me - but I think this style needs that. It's all about the vocal.

My two cents, my sub-woofer was thumpin'. From what I know of this genre, it sounded good. Pro-Sound, that I couldn't say, but others on here can provide better input on that part. But everything sounded like it was on. I would have thought the vocals would have been more upfront, but that really is more subjective than right/wrong.

I didn't hear anything blatantly wrong.
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. Just trying to get honest opinions to know if I'm spending my money right.

Sounds very good. The vocals are a little up in the mix for me - but I think this style needs that. It's all about the vocal.

Thanks Dave! Im thinking about having a littletle more compression added but he wanted to try something different with his technique. Mixing is an art itself. Just making sure I have a good enough sound.

Thanks for taking the time to listen! The studio is a good price, $100 a song for recording, mixing, and mastering included!

Sounds like a fair deal for the product.

I assume the beat was purchased from someone. Was it mixed with stems from the backing tracks, or was it a mastered track?

Sounds like a fair deal for the product.

I assume the beat was purchased from someone. Was it mixed with stems from the backing tracks, or was it a mastered track?

It was a mastered track. I purchased from a producer. And yeah I think the price is really good, he has tons of clients because of the quality and price compared to other studios.

It was a mastered track. I purchased from a producer. And yeah I think the price is really good, he has tons of clients because of the quality and price compared to other studios.

I would say you are getting a very reasonable rate. Do they give you a couple of opportunities to give input and make adjustments for that price?

I would say you are getting a very reasonable rate. Do they give you a couple of opportunities to give input and make adjustments for that price?

Yup. They cater to the customer. Whatever your vision is, they will focus on trying to bring it too life. Amazing staff to work with.
If you're ever in the DC area looking for a studio, its a good deal.

Yup. They cater to the customer. Whatever your vision is, they will focus on trying to bring it too life. Amazing staff to work with.
If you're ever in the DC area looking for a studio, its a good deal.

Ok, now it sounds like you are spamming the studio. Are you an intern there or do you own the studio? lol

If so, I must give you props for creativity of self promotion. And quality. Still...this won't last long if you are promoting your own business without paying for advertizing.

Be creative or at least honest with your reply. :D

Ok, now it sounds like you are spamming the studio. Are you an intern there or do you own the studio? lol

If so, I must give you props for creativity promotion. And quality. Still...this won't last long if you are promoting your own business without paying for advertizing.

Be creative or at least honest with your reply. :D

Wow, this conversation went left lol. Dude you were inquiring about the studio so i was giving you my honest dealings with them. I figured maybe you wanted that information because of the questions you asked? Im an independant artist and I wanted feedback on the quality from there before I continued business. Why take the conversation completely off track? I brought up no information about the studio anywhere else because that wasn't what it was about, I did for you because you asked...... this thread is strictly for what I originally asked about. Sorry for providing you info.

Whoa dood.

I commented honestly about your question as to the quality of the production. Then I only made a statement as to your response, which turned from asking about the quality-to your support and seemingly promotional congratulations as to their 'focus on trying to bring it to life'.

I may have taken that wrong. I apologize if that is the case.

It is not often that someone posts on this 'home recording forum' with quality tracks, asking a question about a studio being worthy. Then to have really high quality recorded tracks, ask what we think, then talk about how cool the people in the studio are. You must understand how this could come across.

Not to mention, you used the N word way more times than I ever care to hear again. IMO, it is ridiculous and self destructive.

I'm out..

Whoa dood.

I commented honestly about your question as to the quality of the production. Then I only made a statement as to your response, which turned from asking about the quality-to your support and seemingly promotional congratulations as to their 'focus on trying to bring it to life'.

I may have taken that wrong. I apologize if that is the case.

It is not often that someone posts on this 'home recording forum' with quality tracks, asking a question about a studio being worthy. Then to have really high quality recorded tracks, ask what we think, then talk about how cool the people in the studio are. You must understand how this could come across.

Not to mention, you used the N word way more times than I ever care to hear again. IMO, it is ridiculous and self destructive.

I'm out..

I understand where you are coming from, but I was responding as honestly and professional to your questions. I don't own a studio at all, I pay for the services and was simply being honest about it, nothing more. Thanks for your response nevertheless.

And as far as the N word in my music, I respect your opinion and I suppose it's not for everyone. Thx for the resoonses though from everyone. This was an honest thread about the quality.

I understand where you are coming from, but I was responding as honestly and professional to your questions. I don't own a studio at all, I pay for the services and was simply being honest about it, nothing more. Thanks for your response nevertheless.

And as far as the N word in my music, I respect your opinion and I suppose it's not for everyone. Thx for the resoonses though from everyone. This was an honest thread about the quality.

Then please accept my apology. The production did sound good for the price.

My personal opinion of the subject matter is not of importance to you, and actually not relevant anyway.

Please disregard my opinion I stated inappropriately.

sounds good - it would take me a lot more than $100 worth of time to make the vox sound like that, I bet

sounds good - it would take me a lot more than $100 worth of time to make the vox sound like that, I bet

Lol appreciate the feedback man. I respect engineering so much. People really don't understand the talent and patience it takes to do it.

Back