Made in China

Like what? How is the natural order of things "weak"? Nothing can be stronger than how things naturally occur, and things that happen naturally don't need to be legitimized. They're legit by default. Things don't go bad until elements of the natural progression of things get tampered with. I don't want to stop you from feeling bad about the little blind chinese orphan building your amp, I just wonder why anyone would even bother.

Like murder. Totally natural but definitely not OK.

As for why I bother, I don't know, I just do. Empathy I guess.

Hold on, I hope you're including yourself in that little shot there. You've been quite defensive. I mean, you gotta keep things fair and equal for all mankind, right?

I can honestly say I have not been upset about this thread at all. Quite the contrary it has been fun and even funny. I do not take it personally at all. If people don't care about other people, that's fine and even expected. I'm not the one referring to others as "dickheads" for no apparent reason lol. Of course I've been defensive, there would be no other way to go about it.

Like murder. Totally natural but definitely not OK.
Okay, murder. Of course I don't want any of my loved ones murdered, but random murders involving people I don't know nor will ever know don't affect me in any way.

As for why I bother, I don't know, I just do. Empathy I guess.
Ok, fair enough. I don't feel that way and I can't relate to those that do, so I question it.

Maybe not to you because you're willing to lower yourself in an attempt to raise up someone else for your own satisfaction. I'm not. I want to keep the ditch diggers and burger flippers right where they are because that's where they belong and we need those people to do those shit jobs.

It makes perfect sense to me.

That is totally fine too. Of course we need people to assemble our stuff, but that doesn't mean they have to assemble our stuff under the worst conditions.

It is very easy for us to sit on our high horses accepting people being treated like shit.

I can honestly say I have not been upset about this thread at all. Quite the contrary it has been fun and even funny. I do not take it personally at all. If people don't care about other people, that's fine and even expected. I'm not the one referring to others as "dickheads" for no apparent reason lol. Of course I've been defensive, there would be no other way to go about it.

Who called anyone a dickhead? I must have missed that.

Okay, murder. Of course I don't want any of my loved ones murdered, but random murders involving people I don't know nor will ever know don't affect me in any way.

Fine.

Ok, fair enough. I don't feel that way and I can't relate to those that do, so I question it.

Fine, and most of your points are valid. Like you say, I can't relate to your way of thinking about this either.

Not buying something 'Made In China' will not save anything and you'll miss out on a possible good amp. As Mutt said above, Teddy Wong in the factory doesn't care whether you buy the amp he built. He's just feeding his family and keeping alive.

Poor conditions? By who's standard? Does Teddy Wong (the important person in this story) think conditions are poor? He's probably over the moon to be using tools instead of his hands while he earns his daily bread.

Not buying something made in (Enter Country Here) is just daft. You won't feel any better or sleep any better by not owning a Chinese built amp. This kind of thing achieves nothing. Like I would achieve nothing bombing Downing St. Parliament would still continue after the rubble had been swept under the carpet and they gave the country another night to enjoy, in my name.

That is totally fine too. Of course we need people to assemble our stuff, but that doesn't mean they have to assemble our stuff under the worst conditions.

It is very easy for us to sit on our high horses accepting people being treated like shit.

Yeah it is. Especially when one just doesn't care if they are.

Not buying something 'Made In China' will not save anything and you'll miss out on a possible good amp. As Mutt said above, Teddy Wong in the factory doesn't care whether you buy the amp he built. He's just feeding his family and keeping alive.

Poor conditions? By who's standard? Does Teddy Wong (the important person in this story) think conditions are poor? He's probably over the moon to be using tools instead of his hands while he earns his daily bread.

Not buying something made in (Enter Country Here) is just daft. You won't feel any better or sleep any better by not owning a Chinese built amp. This kind of thing achieves nothing. Like I would achieve nothing bombing Downing St. Parliament would still continue after the rubble had been swept under the carpet and they gave the country another night to enjoy, in my name.

I could bet a lot of money a lot of workers would rate their working conditions as poor, yes. There is no question about that.

I could bet a lot of money a lot of workers would rate their working conditions as poor, yes. There is no question about that.

So do billions of others in the world. You better stop buying everything.

I'm willing to bet a lot of money that the majority are just happy to be feeding their families.

Sure, it might not affect you in any way, but does that make it OK? From your point of view, it does, but we're not just talking about you here. We are talking about other people whose lives means just as much as yours do. Hence, murder is not OK even if it is natural so your argument is flawed.

Actually, come to think about the flipside it. If more people followed your way of thinking and stopped buying stuff made in these slave camps, then they would close them down due to lack of sales and people would be put out of work and families would potentially starve.

No more Teddy Wong. (That's not a form of insult BTW, I just don't know any Chinese names)

There's a ringing endorsement from an independent source.

:laughings:

That article is from 6 years ago. Some Vox stuff is now made in Viet Nam.

Good point. I remember Apple saying the same thing Vox did here only in terms of the environment and it turned out to be a huge scam.

Back