"Hiss" noise on vocal recording

I'm not even sure WTF happened there. I thought we were having a civil conversation, and my last post on the topic here was about 40 minutes after he sent that PM. IDK what he was even responding to.

Now I wanna hear this guys music recorded without preamps.

FTR I think my answer is still the best one.

All it requires is proper technique and saves $300 compared to sending the mic out to be modded.

Well....$300 for the mod, plus the shipping back-n-forth, plus the original cost of the mic....

...could have just purchased a decent mic to begin with for that money, and I bet it would be better than the modded mic.

It's like the guys who buy a $200 guitar....then spend another $400 on new pickups, switches and wiring to make it sound like a $600 guitar.
Just buy the $600 guitar to begin with.

I'm sure Joly does good work. I've thought about sending my NTV to him for the headbasket mod.

But yeah, I wouldn't send an $80 mic out to be modded and expect I was getting back a U-87.

Oh lord....

Right after he 'GH' apologized to me personally for getting upset....

Maybe the holidays are just stressing him out...

He sent me another PM and it appears he has shut off PM's or had them revoked.

At least that's the message I got when I tried to reply.

Just another snarky comment.

I was gonna suggest he post his signal chain so we could all dig what he was talking about.

I'd still like to see a link to his music.

Just another snarky comment.

I was gonna suggest he post his signal chain so we could all dig what he was talking about.

I'd still like to see a link to his music.

Well, in the end it just appears that he is confused with terminology and what it is he is actually using. No point in beating on the guy. He is trying to learn, he just obviously has some serious misinformation.

Oh, and a problem with playing nice with others. Time to recommend a book I have on my coffee table again.

:D

Attachments

• Coffee Table.jpg
    Coffee Table.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 47
Back