How to best use MD 421-II

It's a good guitar mike, eh? I'll have to try it when I record my guitarist too!
Sorry I deal with players everyday so brevity is an asset... Its a die with your mic box mic. You can do anything and I mean any source with a 421, germans replied to the 57 and the hit it out of park. DO you want to agree or troll me?

Ya these Pyle mics aren't great, but I only have entry level drums, and I can get a surprisingly good sound with proper tuning and placement.

I like how down an dirty you want to go, everything is so clean. I've sold pyle "O'shit" pro It's not a winner, And I hated selling their shit. Save for a Sm drum pack or audix pack with a d2 as your foundation. You will end up loving them. D2 is a heftier low end punch than a b52, because if it hasn't been stated on these forums, IT A 57 in a big different shell.

think Intel chips, they have bad "batches" that get branded as lower product, celeron. They have to make money on everything to coat a bottom line.

Do you really think that's how Celeron chips are 'designed'? Do you have any idea of the complexity of a microprocessor? It's not like a batch of cakes that you can sell cheap if they're burned because they still act very cake-like.

Do you really think that's how Celeron chips are 'designed'? Do you have any idea of the complexity of a microprocessor? It's not like a batch of cakes that you can sell cheap if they're burned because they still act very cake-like.

That said, I'm now sure I've read somewhere before that Intel chips are sold as a certain product (a certain level of product within the same range, though) based on how well each performs under testing.

Yes, it is exactly like your cake reference. Some do 4 core some do not, its a way to increase silicon yield. Your two core is a bad 4 core processor. Just locked from bad sectors.

Last edited:
They're all cut from the same cloth, if you like.
Some (all?) celerons are pentiums with part of their cache disabled, or with reduced clock speed.

It's conceivable that a 1mb cache pentium chip with 512k cache testing out of spec could have that cache disabled and be sold as a 512k celeron.
I'd still be surprised though.

Either way, the remaining unlocked parts of that chip are tested to exactly the same spec as pentium chips.

Would you prefer a faith-based approach? ;)

It'd be nice. A sort of "don't repeat it unless you know it's true" culture.

This pentium thing is the kind of statement that sends noobs running around with the idea that celerons are prone to failure or not as reliable as pentium chips.

Like the first outside source your've every quoted because you're an audio genius and millionarie.

I didn't quote an outside source. I speculated but made it clear that it was speculation. ;)

So your digital audio gods, don't even keep up with the digital age. That should say something...

I see you changed your post once I quoted you.
I don't see any relevance to your new post.

1: I do keep "up with the digital age".
2: A digital audio god could very easily work with analog media.

Last edited:
I can't access Tom's Hardware from here (blocked at work), but I can see in the Google result that it says a Pentium can be cut down to a Celeron if it has too many defects in the cache.

I didn't quote an outside source. I speculated but made it clear that it was speculation. ;)

Im serious, you wanted credentials, I could be an aSS ette or I could be a douche, I don't think anything I've said was non factual from MY experience, I corrected as fast as I could.. Computers and music are so meshed together. Hardware is far more important than software. Im a hardware guy. That has worked for live shows generating millions for producers in 15 years. I know Manor Music has been to my shows....He's a Ruta Maya, guy... I am no better than the next, but I have some serious knowledge, and folks seem to be scared of knowledge... I'd ask Fletcher and Munson about that 3db difference If I was you.

I don't question your credentials. I question your claims.

Do radio shack make clones of Sennheiser, or are the all made by the same company? You've said both.
Can people hear volume changes of less than 3db. According to you they can't but then it changed to 'the average person'.
Is a beta 52 really THE SAME mic as a 57? I didn't touch that, but I'd be surprised. Even if it's based around the same capsule, it's irrelevant info. They aren't going to be interchangeable due to the design. That's the point; That's why they have different names.
Are celerons defective pentiums? There's a truth in that if Johnny's right, but it's misleading.

That's just today.

Back