GearFest Mixing Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the record:

Are lyrics available anywhere? Being non native english listener just can't catch all lyrics from voc trac. Kinda helps catching the feeling besides hearing several times "oh baby"

Hey Is anyone else having a problem downloading the Instructions? It gets half way and then says that the file is corrupt and can't load the rest...

Hi, I am new here so I just want to say Hi,

It happen to you; that you said: "a 7 tracks mix, Wow Super easy" but afther you start analizing the tracks "Oh, oh it's not that easy".

A good product from those tracks require time and skills, so don't get fooled.

Videos

Hi guys!
We are currently experiencing a HUGE download demand.
Our servers are having a hard time keeping up.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please try again tomorrow.
g.

The recording videos seem to all be the same video regardless of what link you click on. Should they be different?

Nobody has a first attempt up? Here's my third shot at it so far. Feedback and criticism welcome and appreciated! Here it is in mp3.

As far as I know, I'm the only totally blind aspiring mix engineer in the contest - so far anyway.
DAW: Sonar Producer 8.53 64-bit
Used Sonar's included effects except for:
Slate Digital VCC and VTM
Cytomic Software The Glue
Plugin Alliance Maag4EQ
Voxengo LFMaxPunch

just finished downloading, looking forward to mixed it :D

and sometimes mix with less track is far more difficult than lots of tracks :D

My ongoing search for best mix I can contribute.

This is my first Forum post to the site. Please forgive any "Newbie" errors.

Trouble that starts with "T" that stands for Tom

Everything is turned upside down and inside out.

I recently entered a mixing contest. I did it not to win or lose but to learn and to increase my mix skills. Though I wouldn't mind a prize or some recognition if deserved :).

This is where and when the "Troubles" started.

It seems that my DAW of choice has become corrupted somehow, ( If you know me, you know which DAW I mean and if not, you should know that this can happen to any program that is constantly updated, added to and pushed to it's limits).
Trouble.
I un-installed it and tried to re-install from my original disks. I got a disk error saying "Bad Disk"!
Trouble.
I then went to another computer and tried to install it on that drive and still got the same error.
Trouble.
This caused me to consider other things that may have caused the corruption, causing more,
Trouble.
I now have to re-design my entire analog/digital systems.
Trouble.

Though the design of "The Cube" is new, the equipment I use is not. It has been gathered over a ten year period and includes both hardware and software that needs constant upkeep.
Trouble.
So, here I am pushing my creativity, tech skills and patience to its limits.

NO TROUBLE. :)

Thanks for letting me blow off some steam.

Tom with a capital "T".

[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Hello everyone! New to this forum. I think this is a splendid idea. Been looking for something like this to participate in for awhile now. Just a quick question for the moderators (or anyone else that might know). How many submissions are we allowed to make of the song? Is everyone limited to just 1 submission per person, or can we send multiple submissions?

Forgive me if this has been explained elsewhere, but I haven't come across anything that states any limitiations in terms of the number of submissions allowed. Just curious.

Hello o-de-o4U,

From what I have seen and researched "There can be only one!"

A quote from one of my fav movies "The Highlander" :)

Good luck! I will be looking for your final submission.

Tom

Indeed. One submission per person allowed.
This contest is really going well. Already a hundred submission after 5 days. Looks promising!
May the best win!

Yeah....I see already 10 pages of submissions on Soundcloud!

So....are you guys going to sit down at the close of the contest and then listen to ALL these submissions, or are you filtering them as they come in?

I mean...I tried listening to a bunch of them, and like after the 4-5th one, it's hard to be objective (or even as interested) 'cuz the repetition kills it....though some submissions really do stick way out, like those that are extremely too soft or too loud, or very wet VS very dry, or very bright VS very dull.

Anyway, should be fun to hear which ones make the top bunch.

Believe or not, but selecting the winners is not as painful as than it looks.
Here at pureMix we have a skillful crew that is used to the process and ALL mixes will at least be played once.
Patience is key. :-)

@Manslick
That's artistry. Where does the mastering process start and ends? :-) you know...
If you feel like your track will benefit from 2-bus processing go ahead. How it sounds in the end is all that matters.

I had trouble registering for the forum this morning, but able to get in a few minutes ago. I'm impressed the live recording, especially the level of separation achieved. I had no problem downloading the tracks or video. I'll work this for a while. I've already heard some pretty amazing mixdowns. The judges may be good, but they have their work cut out for them.

Mix for the contest.

Hey all this is my first post. I hope everyone is tearing this mix a new one. Here is my submissions let me know what you think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back