New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hey Guys! I'm from Australia and I make pretty much any music you can tap your feet to, although I prefer The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Who and Queen, anyone in that general ballpark not really sure what else to say besides I'm new to recording my music and id love to learn as much as possible from you guys :)

Hi! I bought a TASCAM Portastudio 424 MK-I about a month ago. I don't know too much about analog tape recording outside of using one input/recording CDs or radio, but I'm learning more everyday. So, I'm already having a million questions about what I'm doing. The manual is helpful, BUT...When I follow the manual and do everything just as it says, as I'm playing into line 1, the levels show on track 1 & 3.

Is that normal? I feel like the 1st time I played/recorded (about 1 week ago), the levels only showed on track 1.

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread and I can't figure out how to delete it...

Hi everyone - Just started writing stuff (or trying to!). Am on a pretty steep learning curve - reading about Harmony & Composition and listening to music with new ears it seems! But it's a real turn on. Enough! My problem is I have downloaded Sonatina Symphony Orchestra & SFZ Player but I don't know how to set them up to start using the sounds. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Hi.

My name is Carl and I live in the UK. Just getting back into recording and playing the guitar after a long absence.

I have a Macbook and a Tascam porta One.

Regards to all of you!

Carl

Hello, all. My name is Matt and I live in Northern California. Just getting into recording and am sure that I'll have a TON of questions for all you older and wiser folks. Look forward to hanging out.

I, i'm Camilo from Chile, this year shall begin to study sound technology in a instuto of my country, I hope to become a good technician in sound and have my own studio.

Damn bro? That's kinda messed up and harsh! lol!

Trust me new member-doods, it only gets worse! :) Just kidding..

Welcome to the forum!

I'm just scared for my life is all. :D

What with Macbeth killing Banquo and all. Found it odd that he happened to stumble across a recording website....

LOL!

Hello Everybody

I really enjoy playing music. I started out playing guitar. Then, as a means of getting better at it, I bought a bass and started playing in bands. In the 80s, after attending the Recording Workshop, I freelanced in a studio for awhile, which produced radio spots and recorded bands. I started collecting my own recording gear and got into MIDI. After starting out on an 8 track Tascam, I bought a couple of taped based ADATs. After that, I bought a Mackie D8B and an HD24. A few years ago, I got a Mac Pro and started using Logic Pro. Here is some stuff that I played on and recorded over the years:

Brian McNevin's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Back