let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
It sure is! It is my favourite pedal by far. You can do just about anything with it once you know how it works, such as manually set up a flanger, chorus, ring modulator with the twist of a few knobs. The stereo delay sounds great, and it has tap tempo which is great for live performances. The reverb in it sounds almost as good as a Holy Grail pedal. What I do not like about it is the looper. It's fun to play around with but it is not very practical. Also it is not very intuitive so it has a learning curve, believe it or not.

I use a Boss DD-20 for pedal delay. It's another one of those "bells and whistles" pedals, but as with all of those types of pedals I only end up using the most basic settings most of the time. Reverse and tap delays sure sound cool when I'm sitting in a room wanking by myself, but I almost never use them in any kind of recording arrangement....

Haven't posted any pics in a while. Some new additions over the past year or so. This shows a lot of the bass traps too.

IMAG1126.jpg

IMAG1127.jpg

IMAG1128.jpg

IMAG1129.jpg

IMAG1130.jpg

IMAG1131.jpg

What's your last pic? A close-up of a lava lamp?! :eek:

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.

I had to make up for last set of pics cause I forgot to turn it on :p

you cant really see them very well but behind the drums and the desk there are floor to ceiling superchunk corner traps.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.

I had to make up for last set of pics cause I forgot to turn it on :p

you cant really see them very well but behind the drums and the desk there are floor to ceiling superchunk corner traps.

Hey man, as long as it's on and in the room, you got a pretty phat sound going on. :D

And that's awesome! You build them yourself right? I need to build some, but I'm in the middle of a move right now.

Long time admirer of this thread. Just moved and setting up the new space has been tedious yet exciting. Thanks for looking!

Amps.jpgCABZ.jpgDesk.jpgDRUMZ.jpgGuitz.jpgAmps.jpgVOX.jpg

I'm stoked looking at all the great pictures here. We are getting a 3 bedroom house pretty soon, so I'll have a whole room just for the studio. Plus I'm getting a rack so I won't have all of my stuff just sitting on top of the bill paying desk. I'm pretty excited and getting inspiration here.

Trust me, there's nothing better than going into your own studio with your favorite beverage and hitting the big power button.

set up 2.JPG
Corner behind left speaker.JPGCorner behind right speaker.JPGMy desk.JPGMy front wall, behind desk..JPGMy left speaker from listening position.JPGMy left speaker.JPGMy left wall with duvet as absorbtion.JPGMy right speaker from listening positon.JPGMy right speaker.JPGMy right wall with home made absorbtion panels.JPGOver my left shoulder.JPGOver my right sholder.JPGpillows behind jerseys as bass traps (2).JPGpillows behind jerseys as bass traps (3).JPGPillows behind jerseys as bass traps.JPGTo my left from listening position.JPGTo my right from listening posion.JPG
This is my set up, Has anybody got advice for acoustically trating this space better, I know its a very small room, but its all I have, My speakers ar set in the best positon possible, their both equal distance from side wall and my listening postion is at the apex of the triangle.

Sausy is it super dead in there and do your mixes have tons of treble when you listen to them elsewhere? Just curious because you have tons of high-frequency absorbing materials, but the pillows will likely do not much for your bass absorption (biggest issue especially in a small room). I doubt the jerseys are doing anything at all. I suggest taking everything down, get some good bass trapping in all four corner (in your case you might only have room in the 2 corners behind the desk). Look up super chunks or how to build a bass trap panel and straddle it on your corners. Then add your mid-high frequency absorption as needed. Mostly, next to each ear (side walls) and on the wall you're staring at. Those are the most import for the mid-high.

Note, a pet peave of mine has always been dangling mic cables when they are plugged into the mic...especially if it's there all the time, permanently set up! I'm always so annoyed when my singer sets up his stuff and never does that. Even though he plays keys and has a boom stand hovering over his keyboard rig, he has the #!@#ing cable hanging there right onto the keys!!! Haha, sorry, just so annoying to me. And dangerous. Wrap those suckas around! :P

Sausy is it super dead in there and do your mixes have tons of treble when you listen to them elsewhere? Just curious because you have tons of high-frequency absorbing materials, but the pillows will likely do not much for your bass absorption (biggest issue especially in a small room). I doubt the jerseys are doing anything at all. I suggest taking everything down, get some good bass trapping in all four corner (in your case you might only have room in the 2 corners behind the desk). Look up super chunks or how to build a bass trap panel and straddle it on your corners. Then add your mid-high frequency absorption as needed. Mostly, next to each ear (side walls) and on the wall you're staring at. Those are the most import for the mid-high.

Good advice. Everything he said there is true.

Saucy, for now you can take the panels that you have meeting each other in the corner and, instead, have them straddling the corner, one on top of the other, or rather, one in front of the other, if you know what I mean (double up their thickness is what I'm trying to say).

In any room, but especially a small room, the corners are the most important thing to treat for starters.

Back