Whats the best way to treat this space?

Not trying to be mean, man...I promise. I'm trying to be honest so you'll have a reasonable set of expectations, and hopefully not waste your money on a bunch of foam that won't make much difference. :)

Frank

I understand... like I said, I appreciate all the responses. I'm just a home enthusiast and I'll keep learning. Hopefully one day I'll have a good space that I can do proper sound treatment etc. Until then I still want to learn and keep making music ya know.

I understand... like I said, I appreciate all the responses. I'm just a home enthusiast and I'll keep learning. Hopefully one day I'll have a good space that I can do proper sound treatment etc. Until then I still want to learn and keep making music ya know.

You'll go a long way with a good attitude like that. Good on you.

Frank

... and at a couple of 4"' panels placed horizontally along the bottom of the back wall.
Frank

Hey, Frank, not to "mess" the thread, but I follow your "horizontal" advice for the rear wall (had 6" panels placed vertically before) and I had a noticiable improvement in the stereo image.

Thanks!:cool:

Ciro

Last edited:
Hey, Frank, not to "mess" the thread, but I follow your "horizontal" advice for the rear wall (had 6" panels placed vertically before) and I had a noticiable improvement in the stereo image.

Ciro

Awesome...that's not always the right solution, but when it works it really works well.

Frank

So I guess you can only edit your threads for so many days and then the option is not available... well here is my update so far... I had to figure out a semi-unique way to attach the cloud since the ceiling is on an angle. And since the ceiling is already so low I didn't leave any space. That was the whole plan. I'll probably do a 2" one right under neath it. One more on the back wall and then more behind the desk and under the desk actually too.

Let me also just say... WOW! Already I can hear a big difference. The music sounds more clean, clear, and in my face. I feel like I can hear things definitely alot cleaner already. I cant wait to do the rest of what I have planned! Nice!

100_4944Small.jpg

100_4945Small.jpg

100_4947Small.jpg

100_4948Small.jpg

Last edited:
So I guess you can only edit your threads for so many days and then the option is not available...

That's correct. it used to be 24 hours, but was recently changed to 7 days.

I like how you attached the panels to the wall. Nice idea. If you ever wanted to add another panel to increase thickness, it wouldn't be difficult to do.

Good luck!!

Yeah...cool idea for hangin. Creative even. ;)

Lookin good man. I think you're gonna like how it sounds when you're done.

The space sounds awesome. Its such an addiction building stuff like this. I have no idea why. lol.

I cant wait to add another beneath it and one on the wall.

in all the years I've been hang around here, I don't think I've EVER heard someone come back and say "I put in all this rigid fiberglass, and it didn't help".

Looks good mang, and glad to hear that you hear an improvement.

Updated Pic with my fun loving auralex foam:
100_4988Small.jpg

Weasel or anyone else. Couple questions.

I have 4inch bass traps behind me but obviously 6 inch traps would be better right? (kind of thinking towards the future)

As it is now I have the 4inch bass traps behind me it would still be ok to put a 6 inch trap to my left on the wall right?

In the future I might make the rest of the room a band recording area so i could use the 4 inch traps in the other part of the room and slowly rotate the ones in the mixing area to 6 inch traps since its such a small little bass box RIGHT?

Hows that sound?

I have 4inch bass traps behind me but obviously 6 inch traps would be better right? (kind of thinking towards the future)

As it is now I have the 4inch bass traps behind me it would still be ok to put a 6 inch trap to my left on the wall right?

In the future I might make the rest of the room a band recording area so i could use the 4 inch traps in the other part of the room and slowly rotate the ones in the mixing area to 6 inch traps since its such a small little bass box RIGHT?

Actually I'd do a 6" trap behind you then do 4" traps throughout the rest of the room. The reason is that your biggest problems will be way up above 50Hz...more like 150-500Hz, and I'd rather see you spend money on twice as many 4" panels as half as many 6" panels. That will get you a lot further in terms of leveling out the frequency response and reducing ringing times.

Frank

Ciro

Awesome...that's not always the right solution, but when it works it really works well.

Frank

Got a link? I'm not familiar with that approach. I'd like to hear more... :)

Sorry Jeff, I'm not sure what the context of the discussion was. I could go back and look at it, but I'm far too lazy. :D

Frank

Back