Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 107

Thread: is something wrong with these?

  1. #71
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    http://www.controllerism.com
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    12542975
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Natural Burlap Fabric

    looks like thats what ill be going with.
    looks fine?

  2. #72
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    http://www.controllerism.com
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    12542975
    And another question in video form.
    It's only a minute long though

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Age
    48
    Posts
    18,221
    Thanks
    670
    Thanked 533 Times in 472 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Well, the smaller the trap, the lower the performance. An inch or so is not that big of deal I suppose compared to nothing. Curious, why the window frame matters? Are you planning straddling the corner, or doing 'superchunks'?

    BTW, Purple is the new manly cool!
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    http://www.controllerism.com
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    12542975
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    Well, the smaller the trap, the lower the performance. An inch or so is not that big of deal I suppose compared to nothing. Curious, why the window frame matters? Are you planning straddling the corner, or doing 'superchunks'?

    BTW, Purple is the new manly cool!
    Yeah that's what I thought. I thought since I'm going to be building a trap to fit in/block that window anyway (along with 3 other corner panels and 4 free standing ones) it wouldn't be too big of an issue. Am I wrong in thinking that?
    Never enough broadband traps right?

    Uhhh... whatever building one of these and pushing it in the corner is called arcadeko-2-jpg
    Is there a substantial difference between the two?

    And I dont have to go with purple after all . I'm going to go with this stuff Natural Burlap Fabric

    30 yards for $45

    The prices in the local places were dumb and I didnt find anything appealing. 4.95 a yard? fock that.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Age
    48
    Posts
    18,221
    Thanks
    670
    Thanked 533 Times in 472 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Well, never enough bass traps. Too many broadband traps in a small room can effectively make the room lifeless. The main problem is with standing waves in a small square room with even dimensions. Working at stopping the peaks and nulls with corner traps seems to be the best 'first' task. Adjust the need of further bb panels by what the room sounds like after getting the low end under control.

    Man, I was looking forward to seeing purple traps!
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    http://www.controllerism.com
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    12542975
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    Well, never enough bass traps. Too many broadband traps in a small room can effectively make the room lifeless. The main problem is with standing waves in a small square room with even dimensions. Working at stopping the peaks and nulls with corner traps seems to be the best 'first' task. Adjust the need of further bb panels by what the room sounds like after getting the low end under control.

    Man, I was looking forward to seeing purple traps!
    Is what I'm (planning on) doing teh overkill?

    How about if for that corner's trap I shape the frame a little differently?

  7. #77
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    http://www.controllerism.com
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    12542975
    I wish i had a non nightmarish way to test the room

  8. #78
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    http://www.controllerism.com
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    12542975
    Oh, shit.
    How about this, does it matter, acoustically, if the frame isn't a tight fit in the corner? if it comes over the window juuust a little?

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Age
    48
    Posts
    18,221
    Thanks
    670
    Thanked 533 Times in 472 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Naw man, you on the right track. Actually, an air-gap between a bass trap and wall, is beneficial. No worries there.

    Have you tried just doing the sine-wave that arcadeko recommended, and listening to the volume of frequencies that need help? You should be able to hear frequencies that get louder or softer than others. Treatments will even these out. Just your ear can work to a degree, as long as drums and crystal meth haven't fried your ears yet. lol! About the meth thing. Not funny really, my step son is in jail for that shit again. Worst drug ever. Anyway, keep your nose clean dood. Music is the best drug.

    Did I just do a big brother/dad thing there? Sorry, I'm pissed at my kid.
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    http://www.controllerism.com
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,403
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    12542975
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    Naw man, you on the right track. Actually, an air-gap between a bass trap and wall, is beneficial. No worries there.

    Have you tried just doing the sine-wave that arcadeko recommended, and listening to the volume of frequencies that need help? You should be able to hear frequencies that get louder or softer than others. Treatments will even these out. Just your ear can work to a degree, as long as drums and crystal meth haven't fried your ears yet. lol! About the meth thing. Not funny really, my step son is in jail for that shit again. Worst drug ever. Anyway, keep your nose clean dood. Music is the best drug.

    Did I just do a big brother/dad thing there? Sorry, I'm pissed at my kid.
    Oh, really? Well that's great then.
    REW is weird for me. How is this stuff Quick Home Studio Monitor Tests - Hometracked ?

    I think that ride cymbal has kind of wrecked my right ear

    I stay away from drugs, and hope I always can. I've seen it run people in to the ground. Unfortunate situation with your stepson. Hope he gets things together.
    And yeah, the music high is the best for me!
    Even if its a "watching youtube tutorial high"

    I'll take all the advice I can get- music, life it's all the same after all

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What'd I do wrong?
    By 219777 in forum Digital Recording & Computers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 08:33
  2. What am I doing wrong?
    By jamking in forum Mixing Techniques
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 01:17
  3. What am I doing wrong here?
    By randyfromde in forum Digital Recording & Computers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 20:02
  4. what's wrong with me
    By rayn_man in forum Vocal Technique & Processing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2002, 01:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •