BroKen Studios

I'm looking at the DM10 X Studio with the bigger triggers. I will try out a few though when I have a bit more cash saved though. I have a Roland TD-6V on loan from a friend at present and can have it as long as I want, (which is great) so I'm in no rush.

:thumbs up:

Today's installation. (Last for this week. I'll start up again after the weekend. (Between work and church, I have no personal time on the weekends.))

Second ceiling cloud (at back of listening area.)
2014-07-25 11.45.00.jpg

New bass traps in the corners. (I will be making some super chunk for the bottom and placing the new ones on top, leaving the foam to come out from the corners, or cloud in the center of the long walls, depending on what frequencies they affect where).
2014-07-25 10.48.08.jpg

See you all Monday! :D

Where did you get that desk? I really like it and I'm going to be in the market for one at some point (maybe soon).

Very awesome desk. Lots of rack mount space (both sides on the bottom, and right side on the top). Lots of space for everything I want. Eventually want to move it away from the wall about another foot, and use the Rokit's as near field and get the M-Audio's on the wall by the traps (got to finish the traps first...
Anyway you can find what I bought at this link. $500 with free shipping, but had to pay tax.

More stuff in.
2014-07-26 03.56.14.jpg
More stuff out! :D

---------- Update ----------

BTW, for those looking into the DM10 kits, google "DM10 mesh head conversion". It seems there are a few different kits out there to make the drum heads more realistic and quieter (-20 dB is claimed).

Hell yeah! :thumbs up:

Lookin good man. Nice clean work ya do.

I was out in my room last nite and HOLY SHIT!!! I'm a freakin slob! Then I come on here and see your room with everything tidy and in it's place and it's almost embarrassing.
I came real damn close to doin some clean up.

I was this close.

:D

Bravo, sir. You do nice work. ;)

That's because I tidy before I shoot. :D
Was a little disappointed with one of the corners on the burgundy diamonds puckering up after I mounted, but I'm using 0 spacing with silicon behind, so removing would mean a big clean up and reapply of the silicon. Nah! It's enough work getting them up once. Won't change the sound.

I had the Fiberglas anchors and used 6 per panel. Talk about fun to hang! Wish I'd of thought of zip ties. Used J-hooks, used the wife's nail polish on the top of the anchors and pressed that carefully against the ceiling to locate the pilot holes. Then it was just a matter of patience getting all 6 lined up at once and sliding. Fiberglass anchors are fine and all, but if you wanted a straight line for easy mounting, just forget about that completely :eek: There's absolutely no way of knowing where they'll end up when you start winding them in.

Just ran some initial spectrum analysis with SPL pro on a tablet and REW. I'm pretty sure most of the top and bottom discrepancy are from the mike in the tablet, but it was amazingly flat from 120 through about 12,200. We'll see what happens when I get a real SPL meter and loop it back into REW. Are there templates for meter's coloration? Most of the cheap ones list, like 240-12000 range, how do I get accurate data from a non-accurate device?

Well, the third wall is done, and the back wall (the most important) is yet to go. Going to take some time to make sure it's right. Want to build some diffusers for the problem frequencies in the room and go from there.

2014-09-15 09.35.50.jpg

2014-09-15 09.36.05.jpg

2014-09-15 09.36.21.jpg

My trash can is full! :eek:
The wires you see hanging down are my midi cables for the drums. Ran them above the clouds. :D Worked perfectly.

Okay, all I've got left is to hang 6 more panels on the back wall, get the diffusers built and mounted, build the superchunks, move the foam diffusers to the ceiling on the back wall. I'm having a hard time juggling, because I've also got my brother in Washington state working on new guitar lines for all five of the songs I'm putting on my project, redoing all the drums with SSD4, redoing all the vocals now that I've practiced and recording ME on the piano instead of midi (on two of the songs).

Lots of doings/very little time. :D

this is an interesting project! what are you thinking of building for the diffusors? I recommend the QRD type for the back wall where possible

Exactly. Using 2x2's (which are actually 1.5x1.5s). I've already got the frequencies identified and the patterns mapped to build. Just gotta get my table saw home and start cutting. (It's in the shed at the house I rent out).

Anyone know where to get actual 1"x1" lumber? Have tried every source I can think of. The places that make square dowels don't do 1", and 1x1 lumber is not actual...

Back