If you won the lottery...

Benreturns

Lets pretend you win the lottery or you find a peice of antique gold in your attic which goes for a million...
What studio/equipment would you buy?

I would first kit my room out with those tiles to cut out excess noise and and soundproof it.
The consol i would buy would probaly have to be a Tascam SX1, 'all in one 24 track digital production enviroment' with CD burner. I would then buy the best drum machine money could buy
and a rack of decent compressors and FX. Then I'd pick up the most expensive active monitors i could find with the best response.

Anyone?

Benreturns said:
Lets pretend you win the lottery or you find a peice of antique gold in your attic which goes for a million...

A worthwhile dream young Jedi, but this post should probably be in the Cave.

I would first kit my room out with those tiles to cut out excess noise and and soundproof it.

Spend some time reading in the Studio Building forum.

The consol i would buy would probaly have to be a ................. 'all in one 24 track digital production enviroment' ....

That phrase is a marketing department phrase. Beware the marketing department!!

P.S. I think I'm gonna search the attic now. :D

I'd package up all the crap in my studio and donate it to some kid just starting out, and then I would turn my studio into a kick-ass home theatre and pay a real studio to do all my recording!!!!

Joe

Benreturns said:

"If I had a million dollars.....I'd be rich!" :)

....Well, I'd have a millon dollors.

Re: Re: If you won the lottery...

Simman said:

Check that. I'd learn how to spell dollars.

Re: Re: If you won the lottery...

Simman said:

Check that. I'd learn how to spell "million dollars"

I agree with Voxvendor. i would sell everything I have (or give it away), buy a dozen great guitars and some killer amps, and then phone up Daniel Lanois and say " how's about we record my stuff?".

Benreturns said:

I'd buy a house, away from traffic noise and with high ceilings and everything.

Benreturns said:
I would then buy the best drum machine money could buy

If money were no object wouldn't you be better off hiring a real drummer.

Even better, get a female drummer and she could be your drum slave

I'd not only hire the studio and producer, I'd hire the musicians as well - show them what to play, then let really talented people play what's in my head.

With a million bucks why would you waste your time with an SX-1. Don't get me wrong, I have had my heart set on it for a while, but why not get a Solid State Logic board and a HD interface?

I would buy this message board, and flame everyone of you for responding to such a retarded post... but in turn, i would be flaming myself, oh well....

Back