New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

First, I would get that phone off your desk. No inspiration comes from typical phone calls. :) Well... Sometimes...

Welcome to the forum!

Inspiration has to come from within you. Are there issues with your recordings that frustrate you to not want to continue?

That is all that I can really help with.

Hi Kat. I bet I am older even than you (69) and NOT a girl.

Now I know jack about Pro Tools which seems to be giving you so much grief but I would have thought it a total overkill for voice overs? Reaper is very well favoured in these parts. Shoot! You could do VPs with Audacity! Which AI are you using? Try the software that came with that.

Inspiration? Sorry, can't help you there, I am just an old valve jockey, but welcome to the loony bin!

Dave.

Hello!
Im zack and im new to protools but slowly starting to figure it out. I have a samsung qx411 with i5 and 6 gigs of ram running the m audio edition protools express. Kinda wish i bought the m box version so i could do a crossgrade to pt11 but whatever. this is working pretty well with superior drummer so im good for now. I am planning on getting a ssd for my laptop and maybe bump to 8 gigs ram but its running pretty good with almost no errors.
I do have one problem though, everytime i put my comp to sleep with pt open,i wake it up and i get a message sayi g the device properties have changed and pt needs to be restarted. Can anyone help with this?

Hello!
Im zack and im new to protools but slowly starting to figure it out. I have a samsung qx411 with i5 and 6 gigs of ram running the m audio edition protools express. Kinda wish i bought the m box version so i could do a crossgrade to pt11 but whatever. this is working pretty well with superior drummer so im good for now. I am planning on getting a ssd for my laptop and maybe bump to 8 gigs ram but its running pretty good with almost no errors.
I do have one problem though, everytime i put my comp to sleep with pt open,i wake it up and i get a message sayi g the device properties have changed and pt needs to be restarted. Can anyone help with this?

Welcome Zack!

Return shout at ya. lol

Your best bet will be to post this in the ProTools section. I bet Steeno will get you straight. :)

It is typical advice to never let a computer or the USB ports go to sleep.

What OS are you using?

Guessing Windows 7.

Optimization guide for recording W7

W8?

HERE

Follow the steps so that your shizz runs as best as it can on your system.

Welcome Zack!

Return shout at ya. lol

Your best bet will be to post this in the ProTools section. I bet Steeno will get you straight. :)

It is typical advice to never let a computer or the USB ports go to sleep.

What OS are you using?

Guessing Windows 7.

Optimization guide for recording W7

W8?

HERE

Follow the steps so that your shizz runs as best as it can on your system.

Windows 7 64. That link you posted actually helped alot! Thank you!

Hello everybody, nice community you have going here. I'm a hobbyist musician with very little recording experience. Mostly play drums and guitar but sometimes when I have the house to myself you can find me singing (more like screeching) along with some acoustic guitar. Right now I'm playing drums in a 3 piece alternative rock band and we're finishing up an EP so I figured I would register on here for some advice/help.

Hi! I'm Jake or Half Eaten (name of my current band). I'll be on here for quite some time so I can learn how to record and mix properly - like most. :)

You might try doing work in sessions Example, this session all i,m going to do is learn more about pro tools ,watch videos read more about it no voice overs. Next session going to only do voice overs using audacity ,its a easy daw.May be next session go for a bike ride.Doing things a little bit at a time.Being eager to always come back.You have to learn to walk away.

Aerovette and I am just getting started. No studio, rudimentary equipment, free Audacity software. Bare bones and basic. I'm here to learn.

Hello everybody, I'm Ronnie and very new to producing. Still young and many questions about Daw's & equipment. Anybody?

Hello everybody, I'm Ronnie and very new to producing. Still young and many questions about Daw's & equipment. Anybody?

Hi Ronnie and welcome. Now, don't want to be pedantic but this is "Home Recording" not Home "Producing".
The forum is really geared to musicians that want to get into basic recording, at least in the introductory and noob sections.
So if you play, what, what genre(s)? All alone or more than one at a time, Room size and MOST important of all...BUDGET!

Dave.

Mac vs PC for Cubase!

Hello to all, I have a small home studio and have been recording for years with an old Mac tower. Unfortunately it is that 10.6 and can no longer be upgraded. I have to buy a new computer. I currently am running CuBase 6.5. I have not upgraded that yet. With the new Mac computers, it is a tin can and cannot handle my hard drives and all of the CD burners needed. Therefore it's either get a 2012 Mac tower that is already old or convert over to a PC. I moved from PC to Mac for recording with a pre-Sonus 16:4: to board years ago. Now it is time to even upgrade that board.

I feel like I'm going back to the basics of recording. Starting again. Any ideas of which way to go.Tom

Hello!

I have been exposed to music for a long time. I mostly like classic rock (Beatles, Beach Boys, Todd Rundgren, etc.) but I sometimes appreciate modern music. I have been singing for years and have placed very well in vocal competitions and solo and ensemble. Here is an example of me singing classical music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-qeioWhQo. I will be attending college to study vocal performance in the fall.

Also, I have gathered together a group of musicians (a drummer, a bassist, a guitarist, and me, the lead singer) and we have been rehearsing for a song for an upcoming pops concert in our school. We are going to perform Revolution 1 so that's exciting. I will post footage when it happens. I would very much like to get into the music industry and release some music. The group we have has drive and ambition, we just have no way to get started. I have read numerous blogs from Musicians Friend, and others I cannot name. I have FL Studio as a DAW but also have no good way to record either. I also know to be a songwriter/artist you have to sign government paperwork.

This is all very confusing for me and I am not sure where to go from here. I'm probably going to start a thread about it on the newbies section, but anywho, nice to meet you all. I hope to be an active member here.

Hello to all, I have a small home studio and have been recording for years with an old Mac tower. Unfortunately it is that 10.6 and can no longer be upgraded. I have to buy a new computer. I currently am running CuBase 6.5. I have not upgraded that yet. With the new Mac computers, it is a tin can and cannot handle my hard drives and all of the CD burners needed. Therefore it's either get a 2012 Mac tower that is already old or convert over to a PC. I moved from PC to Mac for recording with a pre-Sonus 16:4: to board years ago. Now it is time to even upgrade that board.

I feel like I'm going back to the basics of recording. Starting again. Any ideas of which way to go.Tom

I am not certain about the mac world, but older OS is not necessarily a system killer. If you're going to buy a new machine anyway, optimize the old machine to do just recording (no games, no internet, no security), and use the new machine for all of those functions. Works well for many of us here.

I'm originally from Lewiston, ID. Just around the corner from your stomping grounds. (well, that's a pretty big corner, but it's a lot closer than I am here in NC).

Welcome to town!

Hello!

I have been exposed to music for a long time. I mostly like classic rock (Beatles, Beach Boys, Todd Rundgren, etc.) but I sometimes appreciate modern music. I have been singing for years and have placed very well in vocal competitions and solo and ensemble. Here is an example of me singing classical music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-qeioWhQo. I will be attending college to study vocal performance in the fall.

Also, I have gathered together a group of musicians (a drummer, a bassist, a guitarist, and me, the lead singer) and we have been rehearsing for a song for an upcoming pops concert in our school. We are going to perform Revolution 1 so that's exciting. I will post footage when it happens. I would very much like to get into the music industry and release some music. The group we have has drive and ambition, we just have no way to get started. I have read numerous blogs from Musicians Friend, and others I cannot name. I have FL Studio as a DAW but also have no good way to record either. I also know to be a songwriter/artist you have to sign government paperwork.

This is all very confusing for me and I am not sure where to go from here. I'm probably going to start a thread about it on the newbies section, but anywho, nice to meet you all. I hope to be an active member here.

Welcome, sir! Look to see you in the boards. :)
Happy recording! :D

Hello I'm Hieu (Hello Hieu) and I'm a recordingholic.

Tran from Nam. Any relation to the general? Never mind...I served in the military here with one of his descendants. He had a lot of red tape to go through to get into the USAF.
Anyway, I hope you find answers to all your questions and are able to answer a few of ours in the process! :)

Back