Lexicon Lambda and Windows 7 - Not Installing Fully (Help Please)

sparc_nz

Hi All,
I have recently got 2x Lexicon Lambda USB units and will be using them on a Windows 7 machine.
I have downloaded the driver software from the Lexicon web-site, version 2.7

When I install the software and run everything goes okay, goes right through and prompts for the restart which I do.
I then plug the USB cable into the PC and it starts installing the drivers.
But, it does not do everything as it put a "X" against one of the unidentified device.
Now I am only guess here, but I believe the USB drivers are installed for the 2 audio port, so it might be the Midi interface that is not installed.

I have tried this on a couple of PC's and it does the same. And it does the same for either of the Lambda units, or different USB sockets.

I also have a Lexicon Alpha and Omega and both of these install without any problems.

I am after some help, support or ideas that can help me out.

Lexicon does not appear to have any support page for questions

Regards Kevin.

Hi sparc_nz,

When i had my Lexicon interface i used to run it through an Asio driver downloaded from the internet (just google asio driver). This always helped any problems i had running the interface, try it out.

Hope this helps.
-T

Hi sparc_nz,

When i had my Lexicon interface i used to run it through an Asio driver downloaded from the internet (just google asio driver). This always helped any problems i had running the interface, try it out.

Hope this helps.
-T
Thanks for your help, I downloaded the file you mentioned, however it did not help.
I will keep searching.
Regards.

Are you trying to hook up BOTH Lexicons at the same time? Windows only allows one USB Windows audio device at a time. I have heard there are ways (with certain software) to bypass this but then you can have a clock problem.

I finally gave up on my Lambda as it was USB 1, designed in 2006 and just had too many problems with drop outs. I have replaced it with a Steinberg UR 242. Now if I only had time to install it.

Straw clutching perhaps but have you investigated Windows Trouble shooter and "compatible device"?

Dave.

Back