Just picked up my new baby!!!

Of course, I knew that. What the hell was I thinking? Oh well, I'll have to find another excuse to play loud. :D

Of course, I knew that. What the hell was I thinking? Oh well, I'll have to find another excuse to play loud. :D

Loud is just better!

I'm real excited for ya man. Can't wait to hear what you come up with this this thing.

Loud is just better!

I'm real excited for ya man. Can't wait to hear what you come up with this this thing.

I just have to watch I don't get too anal and spend too much time in the past, re-doing guitar parts. I want to re-do the solos in the Alice tune I just did, and then hopefully I'll have something new by then.

Thanx man. :cool:

Happy new guitar day! I had a 55/74 LP Special with P90's and it was stolen. $%#$% burglar.
Thanx Ido. That sucks about getting your guitar stolen. I can't believe how often I hear that. It's like EVERYONE has had their guitar stolen at some time.

Always had a soft spot for SGs! :cool:

The cherry red is THE classic SG color....very sweet, and while humbuckers would be the norm, I think you will love the P90s.

Now....WTF is it with the stock photos???? :rolleyes:
Post up some picks of the real deal. :)

PS...why the Newbies forum for a new git?
Should be down in the Guitar forum....where by-the-way...I just did my own "New Guitar Day" thread. :D
Different guitar...but same color.

The cherry red is THE classic SG color
I agree. I can't see how anyone would want another color. Black, maybe.

Now....WTF is it with the stock photos???? :rolleyes:
Post up some picks of the real deal. :)
I can't. I dropped it off at a guitar shop to get a sex change. They got to change the nut, etc....and make it a lefty. I'll post as soon as I get it back. :cool:

why the Newbies forum for a new git?
Should be down in the Guitar forum....where by-the-way...I just did my own "New Guitar Day" thread. :D
Different guitar...but same color.
I tried posting it there, but I didn't make it past the front door. I walked in there, felt really dirty, and left right away....I....I.....just couldn't do it. :eek:

By the way, 2 things that I found different and cool, I guess.

1) How light an SG is compared to my Strat.

2) How much wider the neck is.

Neither one is a problem, but I'll have to get used to those things. I've also read people saying that Epiphone's are un-balanced. If you stand with a strap on, the neck starts sinking unless you hold the body. Not much of a concern for me, but that's what I've read a few people saying.

Hey Rami - congratulations man! Looking forward to hearing some clips - maybe it will inspire me to waste more money on a new guitar.

YO!
Congrats RamiDude!

That's a right purdy guit-fiddle. I've never had the SG but I've got a couple of Epi LP's and have played on several Epi's that friends own and I've always been impressed with the build quality.
Pretty sure ya just added to my g.a.s.

But I'll be strong.

I'll get my tom mics first. :p

:drunk:

I've also read people saying that Epiphone's are un-balanced. If you stand with a strap on, the neck starts sinking unless you hold the body.
That's for SG's in general. Long neck and light body.

Congrats on the new guitar. If I ever get another one it will probably be an SG, too. Greg's fault again!! :D

YO!
Congrats RamiDude!

That's a right purdy guit-fiddle. I've never had the SG but I've got a couple of Epi LP's and have played on several Epi's that friends own and I've always been impressed with the build quality.
Pretty sure ya just added to my g.a.s.

But I'll be strong.

I'll get my tom mics first. :p

:drunk:
Yeah, get the tom mics. I don't think they're as addictive as a shiny new guitar. I'm already shopping for another one, and my first one hasn't even come home yet. :eek:

That's for SG's in general. Long neck and light body.

Congrats on the new guitar. If I ever get another one it will probably be an SG, too. Greg's fault again!! :D

^^^^^ this ^^^^^^
Pretty much all SGs are neck heavy ....... Firebirds too.
OK, that's good to know. Thanx guys.

My friend had one that was hard to play with 9's as the slightest extra pressure would make the string go sharp when freting. 10's are probably the answer but I really do prefer 9's. He traded it in anyway....

Both of the Youngs use humbucker guitars into very loud Marshalls. They also work their volume knobs and don't use a lot of gain. They also know how to pick to tailor their sound. You should be able to get a crunch tone similar to either of their sound without too much effort. You won't nail it down exactly, but pretty much no one does anyway. Just get close and you'll do great.
People often make the mistake of thinking that they(AC/DC) use a lot of gain. As Greg pointed out, they don't.

My friend had one that was hard to play with 9's as the slightest extra pressure would make the string go sharp when freting. 10's are probably the answer but I really do prefer 9's. He traded it in anyway....

Bob is right. P-90's do indeed rock!

People often make the mistake of thinking that they(AC/DC) use a lot of gain. As Greg pointed out, they don't.

Encouraging advice, guys. Thanx

Ido, I can't see myself playing with anything other than 9-42's. I hope it doesn't cause too many problems, but I can never really bend in tune anyway, so maybe it will help. :D

Encouraging advice, guys. Thanx

Ido, I can't see myself playing with anything other than 9-42's. I hope it doesn't cause too many problems, but I can never really bend in tune anyway, so maybe it will help. :D
I played an SG for years with .9's on it with no problems. The main thing is just setting it up properly. Do that and I don't foresee any problems.

Back