Scar Crossed Lovers (temp)

Bass, kick, and snare need to come up a little, especially the snare. They need to be implacable.

I like the vocals, mang. If you aren't going to keep these, do you have a singer in mind?

Mr Clean,
Thanks for your generosity.
Sadly that vocal encompasses and sets out the limits of my singing. About three notes and lowish.
I'll drop the drums a little but am anticipating a real drum track sometime in the future.
TripleM,
Thanks v'much. I can boost the bass guitar but tweaking the drums isn't really an option as they are a stereo track exported from BandInABox. There are some bvox options - Armistice sent me a message outlining an idea or two about rephrasing as well. I'll tweak the bits you've suggested and we'll see what emerges.
robgreen,
Ta muchly. As you may have read above there's little tweakability in the drums. I'll try you other suggestions. I guess I could get a little snotty if I need to but listening to my own voice is proving an unpleasant experience.
dobro,
Interesting thoughts mate - ta. I'll give them a go - industrial distortion on my vocal would be poetic justice I feel.
Supercreep,
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
I'll try the rhythm section treatment but I'm certain they'll be more successful after a real drum track is added. It will happen but I'm not in a hurry.
Vocals, I'd rather not use me but no one has put a hand up so I may have to start offering inducements.

Hey Ray, sorry for getting to this so late in the day. Your voice and this tune as a whole reminds me a bit of The Specials. That's probably weird, but whatever. :) You could belt those vocals out with a bit more pride I reckon, but that's easier said than done I know. :) The guitars and bass sound awesome, it's a rocking tune, and I really enjoyed it.

Back