"Lifeline Yellow Allegro Man" - complete re-record, live drums

Dude, glad to help. I think the general drum sound is better, but they sound like they're lagging behind a little. Like the drums themselves are lined up, but the drum tracks as a group are a little late. I think you need to slide them forward a hair.

I've had a listen, and I think you could be right. :)

Don't get discouraged. Take the advice given here and keep learning. Every single one of the folks who posts here started out knowing nothing ... but gradually got better and better. There is a LOT to learn, but with patience and discipline, you will.

Mind ... you're still going to make occasional mistakes, because you're working alone and you won't see them as clearly as others. That's what this forum is all about, and Greg is someone to really listen to closely. :)

Thanks, I was just a bit disheartened because I was very pleased with 90% of the track, and didn't realise there was so much wrong with it. I've listened to a couple of other drum micing jobs I've done before and they were much better. I probably had the overheads wrong and the kick not tuned well.

Back