I will even go and get a pedicure
But I don't want you using my back door

Cuz you're a gay boy

Homophobia is not my fear
You and I can sit around and drink beer
But keep in mind I aint no fucking queer

Cuz you're a gay boy

I loved the twin lead bit.
This is the most Ramonsesque you've been in a long time.
Lyrically this is fairly sharp - acceptance and puns/double entendre' tied up neatly with a chorus that'll catch people's attention as homophobic until they listen.
You've really nailed the Bronx Bros Beat.
Fun too!

I loved the twin lead bit.
This is the most Ramonsesque you've been in a long time.
Lyrically this is fairly sharp - acceptance and puns/double entendre' tied up neatly with a chorus that'll catch people's attention as homophobic until they listen.
You've really nailed the Bronx Bros Beat.
Fun too!
Thanks a lot Ray. :)

Great playing. Some of those bass runs were really cool. Fun song.

You could leave everything as it is and it'd sound great. But I'll put some thoughts down anyway.

I think I'd like the guitars just a bit brighter. Maybe a small cut in the low midrange or a minimal boost in the upper midrange? Either way, the change should not be a big one.

Maybe nudge up the bass level? Or at least on those quick little riffs at the end of the verses? Maybe nudge up the guitar solo level?

Maybe put a little more snap to the snare?

Just a couple of thoughts.

"But I don't want to get hurt in the end"

Bet that line just jumped right out. :)

I l-o-v-e the way you brought out the bass in the verses. *That* is mixing. Guitar solo up just a taste?

Funny song man. Is it from real life experiences? I'm not really sure I get what the point of the song is, but it seems like it's about a guy who has a gay friend. The thing is if the gay dude is your friend wouldn't it be uncool to call him a gay boy? LOL. FUNNY STUFF.

Great playing. Some of those bass runs were really cool. Fun song.

You could leave everything as it is and it'd sound great. But I'll put some thoughts down anyway.

I think I'd like the guitars just a bit brighter. Maybe a small cut in the low midrange or a minimal boost in the upper midrange? Either way, the change should not be a big one.

Maybe nudge up the bass level? Or at least on those quick little riffs at the end of the verses? Maybe nudge up the guitar solo level?

Maybe put a little more snap to the snare?

Just a couple of thoughts.

"But I don't want to get hurt in the end"

Bet that line just jumped right out. :)

I l-o-v-e the way you brought out the bass in the verses. *That* is mixing. Guitar solo up just a taste?

Thanks a lot guys. The bass and lead will be addressed before this goes onto an album. I'm not too thrilled with the bass. The tone and playing is meh. I can do a lot better. It's time for new bass strings. I knew it when I tracked it. The lead is okay. I'll bump it up a hair. I'm pretty happy with the guitars and drums as-is.

Funny song man. Is it from real life experiences? I'm not really sure I get what the point of the song is, but it seems like it's about a guy who has a gay friend. The thing is if the gay dude is your friend wouldn't it be uncool to call him a gay boy? LOL. FUNNY STUFF.

Lol. You don't get the point? I thought it's pretty obvious: I'm okay with and support the gay lifestyle and I'm not uncomfortable with another person's homosexuality....I just don't want my acceptance of the gays to be confused with me going that way myself. I like the vaj. :D

Lol. You don't get the point? I thought it's pretty obvious: I'm okay with and support the gay lifestyle and I'm not uncomfortable with another person's homosexuality....I just don't want my acceptance of the gays to be confused with me going that way myself. I like the vaj. :D

:laughings:

Great song, Greg. Can't say anything on the mix. Great toans on the guitar.

Oh fuck, I was already laughing my head off at the lyrics before I even heard the music. You're so blunt you're totally rude. I hope you take that as the compliment it's intended to be. Good tune, very reminiscent of the ska I used to listen to. Short and to the point. As you know, that sits well with me.

It might be a chicken/egg thing, but I reckon the rudeness comes first. "You're so rude you're totally blunt."

Yeh you're totally right, I realised this after I'd written it. I figure Greg's not going to be splitting hairs over my comment. :D

:laughings:

Great song, Greg. Can't say anything on the mix. Great toans on the guitar.
Thanks a lot man. :) I like the guitar tones too. I'm pretty happy with how they came out.

Oh fuck, I was already laughing my head off at the lyrics before I even heard the music. You're so blunt you're totally rude. I hope you take that as the compliment it's intended to be. Good tune, very reminiscent of the ska I used to listen to. Short and to the point. As you know, that sits well with me.
Thanks a lot. I've been called much worse than blunt or rude, so yes, it's totally fine. :D

Cool......cool........cool man. Did mention cool? Now THAT'S the way to do it :)

Awesome, thank you very much.

My kid says Zumiez should buy this song and use it as their themesong.

Very well done.

The lyrics are great. I don't see what's not to get. You accept gays lifestyle, and have gay friends, but you don't want to partake in gay sex.
You don't want to beat them or join them. :D

It's a very well written lyric IMO

Man gerg this tune flat out rocks. Johnny Ramone couldn't have written a better guitar part! The whole thing is engineered and mixed fantastically to my ears.

It's a marriage of great music and a great lyric that is fun to listen too.
No easy feat.
I love it...congrats

your usual excellence except ..... you usually have an awesome bass sound. On this the bass is almost missing in action ..... what's up with that?

But otherwise it's the excellent writing/singing/playing I've come to expect from you.

Back