Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - featuring RAMI on vocals!

One thing I've kind of been thinking about maybe giving a try is an online reamping service. Reamping is all the rage right now for people that can't do or afford big loud mega amp sound. Reamping is kind of lame, but it beats the shit out of sims. I've got a pile of classic and modern megawatt Marshalls, three 4x12 cabs loaded with a variety of the most popular Celestion speakers, and a modest but typical assortment of cab mics. If you want big authentic Marshall roar through legit cabs, I'm your guy! Just send me some direct tracks and I'll reamp that shit....for a fee. :thumbs up:

You know, with your guitar sounds, a few pictures of your set up, a sample of that 2-week long pick slide, and a couple of power chords, you'd definitely make some money.

I thought of this after I heard your AC/DC cover - maybe I could just record something and ask you to pump it through one of your massive rigs.
I don't have an actual reamp box though. I could make-do with a passive DI run in reverse and a buffered stompbox. I've reamped some stuff for friends like that and it worked fine. The problem is hitting the amp with a signal level that mimics a pickups output. Even when going direct, if the signal is boosted in any way going in it's gonna hit the amp harder when you kick it back out. That's why you're not really supposed to go direct line out into an amp. It drives the front of the amp so hard that it's like having 10 OD pedals in front of it. If there was interest or a market for something like this, I'd buy a reamp box and do it right.

I see Katy on the map. Everything else in Houston seems to be named after George Bush!
The Bush family are the Kennedys of Texas. Everything is Bush-something. Bush airport, Bush park, Bush reservoir, Bush library, etc. Fucking hell. I guess it's because Texas doesn't really have any actual history or culture worth talking about.

---------- Update ----------

You know, with your guitar sounds, a few pictures of your set up, a sample of that 2-week long pick slide, and a couple of power chords, you'd definitely make some money.

Ha, that pickslide is pretty badass. That should do it all by itself. :D

epic pickslide

I was going to suggest that PoeticIntensity hires you to come out and help setup a drum recording session in his studio, Greg. Utah's not so far from Texas, right?!

If I had any money at all, and if he would do it, I would love to fly him up here and see what he can do. The reason my drums sound as good as they do is because of him. Greg says nobody listens to his advice, but my first 6 months here, I took every shred of advice he gave me and tried to put it into practice. My drum sound improved 1000%.

Just out of curiosity, how much of a living do you make out of this? Do you mean you play for other people, or you have a studio where drummers can come record their tracks?

I went from a senior-level programmer to doing my own studio. I am flat-broke poor, but I'm doing what I love every day. And although the studio specializes in drums, it isn't just for drums, it's for anything that people want to bring and record, any style of music. As Greg states, people have no idea how to do real drums, and that's the only reason I can make even a meager living at this. Over half of the people who come in don't have a drummer, so I end up drumming for them. I love it. So, yeah, it's a studio to record just about anything, their equipment or mine. My job is to make it sound as good as I possibly can. The lion share of people leave here with a product they're happy with, and that's the goal.

Lol, it's right down the street!

I've heard PI's drums. I don't really know what to think about them because they're always mixed by someone else. He's a great drummer, that much is for sure. Very competent with the sticks. But I hear things in his tracks that I'd personally do differently if anyone cared. The problem for me is that I don't know if it's something he needs to address on his tracking end, or if his tracks are getting mangled by whoever is mixing them.

I don't want to hi-jack this thread, but since its been mentioned, and if anyone cares, all the songs at Tiny Boats are recorded at my studio, I did the drumming, and all engineering, editing, mixing, etc... and production on all songs.

(and if it's too much to click on that link, here's a single song with some drums I think ended up sounding really good
)

Disclaimer, the only reason I'm posting this stuff here is because I really want to improve my drum sound, and ya'll have said you don't want to critique my stuff because I didn't do the mixing.

That's why I asked about making a living with it. I've always refrained from commenting on anything Po has played on because, like you say, it's always on someone else's tune with someone else mixing.

If you're interested in commenting, see above. I'll probably make my own thread on this since this has come up.

That's why I don't try to make a living with it. Most people can't mix drum tracks - even good ones.

That's why I can make a living at it. I end up doing 90% of the mixing of stuff recorded here. The majority of my business comes from people who want a studio and engineer who can actually produce live drums and make them sound decent. If it was easy and everyone could do it, I'd still be programming computers.

I feel bad hijacking. That's all I'll say about this, unless people want to chat more about it. Then I'll probably start my own thread. Thanks for indulging me.

RAMI said:
Just out of curiosity, how much of a living do you make out of this? Do you mean you play for other people, or you have a studio where drummers can come record their tracks?
I went from a senior-level programmer to doing my own studio. I am flat-broke poor, but I'm doing what I love every day. And although the studio specializes in drums, it isn't just for drums, it's for anything that people want to bring and record, any style of music. As Greg states, people have no idea how to do real drums, and that's the only reason I can make even a meager living at this. Over half of the people who come in don't have a drummer, so I end up drumming for them. I love it. So, yeah, it's a studio to record just about anything, their equipment or mine. My job is to make it sound as good as I possibly can. The lion share of people leave here with a product they're happy with, and that's the goal.
Hehe....OK Ok, it was just a simple question. :eek: :D

Great recording. A lot of times I will hear home recordings that all the parts sound good individually but the mix just isn't quite there.
Not this time.
This is a great sounding mix. No knits to pic by me at all. Rami did a great vocal and the guitars rock. Killer guitar tone and recording!
Like I said, everything sounds real good on this.
Congratulations

I am late to the party on this one, but that was fucking epic guys.

Enjoyed it start to finish. Guitars sounded awesome and Rami was killing the vocals.

Since this is the mixing clinic though and I'm supposed to give criticism.. It needs more cow bell?

Great recording. A lot of times I will hear home recordings that all the parts sound good individually but the mix just isn't quite there.
Not this time.
This is a great sounding mix. No knits to pic by me at all. Rami did a great vocal and the guitars rock. Killer guitar tone and recording!
Like I said, everything sounds real good on this.
Congratulations

I am late to the party on this one, but that was fucking epic guys.

Enjoyed it start to finish. Guitars sounded awesome and Rami was killing the vocals.

Since this is the mixing clinic though and I'm supposed to give criticism.. It needs more cow bell?

Thanks a lot guys. :thumbs up:

Back